• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn from SK92's Falco here.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
Ok I got like 2 replays of some wall teching w/ SK92 today. @ BF and FD. We didn't have enough time at the tournament to get more footage. So I will make the vid soon.

§witch

Smash Lord
I was practicing SDI on the dair and I noticed, if you try the spike before getting quite to the edge they can DI back onto the stage, it's a huge difference. I also got some of techs done, but my recording equipment got ****ed, we'll have to wait for Danny to get that uploading.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
I was practicing SDI on the dair and I noticed, if you try the spike before getting quite to the edge they can DI back onto the stage, it's a huge difference. I also got some of techs done, but my recording equipment got ****ed, we'll have to wait for Danny to get that uploading.
Yes you can tech back onto the stage as well, but I decided not to include that....

Here the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgf2EKYB4g

WARNING IT IS SUPER CHEESY and has bad editing, but what the heck...it shows the teching..haha.

wangston

Smash Lord
WOW!!!!! That looks sexy. lol at the trip and then missing a spike after that then getting owned with the footstool. Can you do the jumping wall tech in this game because that would make getting back on to the stage even easier.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
WOW!!!!! That looks sexy. lol at the trip and then missing a spike after that then getting owned with the footstool.
yeah I added for the lols. xD

Can you do the jumping wall tech in this game because that would make getting back on to the stage even easier.
probably...it is a tech after all, but probably harder to pull off..since your jamming your controls towards the stage, THEN the other way super fast? xD

Vlade

Social Outcast
That is some fully mad stuff there. I've also managed to pull it off in falco dittos once, along with the tech jump (although the jump was accidental).

And dannykat, don't worry about the video, I thought it was very clear and got the message across perfectly. Thanks to SK92 for sharing this info, and to Dannykat for making the video.

I think a new thread should be made for this, and then added to blad01's thread with all the important threads. Even though it'll put us falco players at a disadvantage :p

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yes you can tech back onto the stage as well, but I decided not to include that....

WARNING IT IS SUPER CHEESY and has bad editing, but what the heck...it shows the teching..haha.
****, I had no idea you could tech that! Good ****ing **** to Dannykat and SK92!!!

Also, can anyone give me any tips for falco when he's playing like a marth or something cause whenever I play against a marth with my falco I get smuthered and I cant really get a move off cause Falco doesn't have too many good Close to Close combat moves..... Any tips anyone? Im listening and ready to learn....

OverLade

Smash Hero
It gets the job done, and has personality too. Great video. Sets falco players back a bit but it's all for the good of the metagame. :D

clowsui

Smash Legend
dreamhack

camp with lasers
try your best not to phantasm towards him
ban battlefield
at low percents dthrow x2 to shield and see what he does, if he up bs beat him up/it'll set situation to neutral, if he does nothing nair him, if he tries an aerial or airdodge then he's fskced cause you shielded
try not to do unsafe stuff, he'll punish you for that every time
use ftilt/jab mixups for chip damage all the time, you want all the damage you can get
when it comes time usmash or dsmash -> edge pressure

it's hard, just play campy and put chips in with ftilt jabs lasers. try to avoid aerial combat, but if you must then use nair. try not to dair, and don't bair unless you're willing to risk getting hit by a sword. always try to approach from below

R_Williams

Smash Rookie

Look closely at that video again...if you were to wall jump instead of tech you could throw out a down air and spike the falco that just spiked you! Someone must get a video of that that HAS to be possible...

clowsui

Smash Legend
dannykat if you try to follow up the dthrow he can up b you before anything happens w/ 1-5 invincibility, even if you buffer it's just dumb since it comes out on frame 1 too =(
that's why you just put the shield up to bait a response, until marths get smarter about this you're going to be dealing about 30% right off the bat, a godsend vs. marth. best thing for marth to do is probably just to wait for the shield drop and upB but otherwise marth pretty much has to take 30 dmg

OverLade

Smash Hero
dannykat if you try to follow up the dthrow he can up b you before anything happens w/ 1-5 invincibility, even if you buffer it's just dumb since it comes out on frame 1 too =(
that's why you just put the shield up to bait a response, until marths get smarter about this you're going to be dealing about 30% right off the bat, a godsend vs. marth. best thing for marth to do is probably just to wait for the shield drop and upB but otherwise marth pretty much has to take 30 dmg
You can Downthrow twice and spike before marth can get out an Up B in time. I've tested it pretty extensively.

Look closely at that video again...if you were to wall jump instead of tech you could throw out a down air and spike the falco that just spiked you! Someone must get a video of that that HAS to be possible...
Most falcos who spike dont follow the spiked opponent off the edge so spiking them would be rather unlikely.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ah, is that so? i must not be inputting right then, i should probably buffer the dash then
i dunno, marth has dodging options off the getup whereas you can keep him juggled on the shield

i guess it's just another way to mix it up then =)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
dreamhack

camp with lasers
try your best not to phantasm towards him
ban battlefield
at low percents dthrow x2 to shield and see what he does, if he up bs beat him up/it'll set situation to neutral, if he does nothing nair him, if he tries an aerial or airdodge then he's fskced cause you shielded
try not to do unsafe stuff, he'll punish you for that every time
use ftilt/jab mixups for chip damage all the time, you want all the damage you can get
when it comes time usmash or dsmash -> edge pressure

it's hard, just play campy and put chips in with ftilt jabs lasers. try to avoid aerial combat, but if you must then use nair. try not to dair, and don't bair unless you're willing to risk getting hit by a sword. always try to approach from below
Id rather Dthrow x2, then dair. thats just me. xP
Thanks a grip guys! This will really help!!! There needs to be more falco's when it comes to Finals Matches!!! Just not Falco dittos then its just a chain grab match..... Unless you tech it like SK92! :chuckle:

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I Three Stocked Sethlon On Luigi's Mansion Without Cg Spiking Him At West Coast Smash League Last Weekend. The Video Wasn't Recorded:[

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I Three Stocked Sethlon On Luigi's Mansion Without Cg Spiking Him At West Coast Smash League Last Weekend. The Video Wasn't Recorded:[
hmm...nice. congrats for placing 7th. iirc DSF was the one that took you out of the bracket right? was that match recorded?

Denzi

Smash Master
hmm...nice. congrats for placing 7th. iirc DSF was the one that took you out of the bracket right? was that match recorded?
Yeah, some links to some vids would be nice. How do you manage to 3 stock anyone on Luigi's? I hate that stage.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
Not the tourney matches, but the money matches were. I have those and will upload them probably tomorrow.

aww and here i wanted to annoy dannykat ;downs;
and you are?....xD

Top Bottom