• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn from SK92's Falco here.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Any tips for an fairly new falco player? I just need help on the pivot chain grab really and when is the best scenario to use it....

Read the "How to chaingrab like a pro"
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175482

I'm assuming you are saying REVERSE BOOST CHAIN GRAB, as just a dash then pivot grab behind them gives the opponent quite ample time to get out of this "chain"

Well, it most practically used to leading the chain grab back towards to edge if you started the chain facing away from the ledge.

It is a good mix up every no and then, and also useful for character that can get out early with good timing as the pivot boost grab does knock of their timing.

wangston

Smash Lord
what's crazy is that it explains EVERYTHING!!!
haha yeah i spent my afternoon revising it today. It used to be a really old guide on chain grabbing then spiking from 6 months ago when the community just learned about it. I just updated it today to include everything i know about chain grabbing. And I figured i would add pro in the title and use quotes from the best falco players so new falco players would find it more appealing.

wangston

Smash Lord
lol falco dittos are stupid, i remember playing chillin in friendlies a long time ago and he beat my ddd pretty badly then i won 2/3 falco dittos lol so dumb. It's only cuz of CG to edge hog. I wonder if you can wall jump?
SK92 says you can if you DI towards the stage and hit shield as soon as you get hit. But idk I would have thought he would have won the falco dittos if he knows how to do this and he is the one that told us it was possible.

Denzi

Smash Master
SK92 says you can if you DI towards the stage and hit shield as soon as you get hit. But idk I would have thought he would have won the falco dittos if he knows how to do this and he is the one that told us it was possible.
I've never done it/seen it done. I'd like to see a video though.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen it, but I was hearing about it about a tourney over here where I guess you smash DI towards the wall and tech. Hard to pull off because I don't see anyone do it. So unless I actually see it, I'll label that as a maybe.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
lol falco dittos are stupid, i remember playing chillin in friendlies a long time ago and he beat my ddd pretty badly then i won 2/3 falco dittos lol so dumb. It's only cuz of CG to edge hog. I wonder if you can wall jump?

ATTENTION EVERYONE THE WALL TECH/ WALL JUMP IS A FACT IT REALLY WORKS.
JUST I WAS TOO TIRED AND SICK TO PULL IT OFF AT DSF'S TOURNAMENT IN THE FINALS WITH THE FALCO DITTO. RIGHT WHEN YOU GET SPIKED YOU SMASH DI AND CONTROL STICK DI TOWARDS THE LEDGE AND PRESS l OR R AT THE RIGHT FRAME WHEN YOU GET SPIKED AS YOUR FALLING BELOW THE LEDGE.

I WILL HAVE A VIDEO ON IT SOON GUYS.

(SK92)

OverLade

Smash Hero
ATTENTION EVERYONE THE WALL TECH/ WALL JUMP IS A FACT IT REALLY WORKS.
JUST I WAS TOO TIRED AND SICK TO PULL IT OFF AT DSF'S TOURNAMENT IN THE FINALS WITH THE FALCO DITTO. RIGHT WHEN YOU GET SPIKED YOU SMASH DI AND CONTROL STICK DI TOWARDS THE LEDGE AND PRESS l OR R AT THE RIGHT FRAME WHEN YOU GET SPIKED AS YOUR FALLING BELOW THE LEDGE.

I WILL HAVE A VIDEO ON IT SOON GUYS.

(SK92)

I gave it a try and got it eventually. It's a real kick in the 'nads to the other falco.
Very exciting.

But this is balls for some of falcos easier matchups, though it does make him less "gay".

So much for "Falco is gayer than MK" :p

OverLade

Smash Hero
Not sure if others can do it though.
If you have fast enough reactions and a lil tech skill it shouldn't be impossible. Pulling it off consistently, or mid match will be the tricky part.

DNK if you could make a vid now that'd be amazing.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
Once we know that it'll be time to look at what stages you can do this on then.
yeah im trying to see if this is even possible on FD/BF with the stages slanted inwards....yoshi's seems cool. I dont have anyone around me to try it out though.

SK92, lets do this? I can record. hehe

Denzi

Smash Master
yeah im trying to see if this is even possible on FD/BF with the stages slanted inwards....yoshi's seems cool. I dont have anyone around me to try it out though.
I know that it should be possible to tech on the actual ledges of FD / BF, I just don't know if you'd be able to DI to them.

§witch

Smash Lord
Provided this will work with all characters (i probably will) then we get a bit of predidting added to the chain spike, all we have to do is stage spike them after their tech really. We'll see how it goes, I'm looking forward to that video.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Provided this will work with all characters (i probably will) then we get a bit of predidting added to the chain spike, all we have to do is stage spike them after their tech really. We'll see how it goes, I'm looking forward to that video.
Lol, then they can tech again :p

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
In a falco ditto where both players can tech the spike, why not just CG them to the edge and not spike, so the falco can fair while falling (trying to smash DI..), and edge guard after? ;)

OverLade

Smash Hero
In a falco ditto where both players can tech the spike, why not just CG them to the edge and not spike, so the falco can fair while falling (trying to smash DI..), and edge guard after? ;)
This adds a new sense of mindgames and will make it completely dependent on reactions. You'd have to watch for the spike and make sure it happened or take a risk one way and hope you get lucky.

But if you tech the stage I dont think Falco could spike you again because falling from the dair takes to long and by that time you would have options (airdodge ect...).

Blad01

Smash Lord
That would be awesome if we could walltech jump, then Dair a falling Falco, ready to Bair us. :D

Hehe that would make Falcos dittos awesome :p

Denzi

Smash Master
Falco dittos getting crazy :)

About it working with other characters; we just have to make sure that they don't find out :)

Top Bottom