• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 2 - Baton Rouge, La. (11/22/08) Melee/ Brawl!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to contact FlareFox and the rest of the Laffy crew? I honestly don't know how active they are on Smashboards anymore. I guess I'll try PMing him and Varuna.

D

Deleted member

i talked to them on FB. patrick in particular seemed pretty certain about coming. ffox said he was going to talk to the rest of his crew and see if they could make it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Condoleeza Rice looked out at the rain as she moved her fingers softly over the piano keys.

"That's beautiful," Colin Powell said, startling her, though she kept playing. Thunder rolled outside.

"Chopin's Etude Number Five," she said, not making eye contact.

"Ah. Fitting," he said, standing in the doorway, looking at her hair pulled up in a bun, exposing her dancer's neckline. "Condi, I-"

He sighed. He didn't know what to say. Not yet.

The melody filled the room. He walked over to her, and listened. He reached down to gently brush her cheek.

"Colin." she moved her face away, still playing, "please. I... I don't want you near me."

It stung, but he understood.

"I-", he started, finally, "I thought you were okay with it. With us. And that you wanted to."

She sobbed softly, still playing, the notes perfect.

"Condi, I'm sorry!" He pleaded. "You told me-"

Suddenly there was a flash of light and noise from the doorway.

"Mr. President!" yelled a voice. Armed police stormed into the room, guns ready.

Colin Powell swung around, throwing his hands up. "Condi, you didn't."

The policemen advanced as the music kept playing.

"I'm- I'm innocent!" Powell protested, as a cop pulled hsi arms behind him to put cuffs on.

"Mr. President," said the cop, "you are under arrest for the **** of Condoleeza Rice. You have the right to remain si-"

"NO!" Powell yelled, struggling against the cuffs. Two policemen wrestled him towards the door. "I'm innocent! She wanted it! I swear!"

His yelling echoed through down the White House halls as they dragged him out.

"Ms. Rice," said the police chief, "are you okay?"

"I'll be fine," she said, looking out the window at the rain.

"They will need to administer your Oath soon," said the chief.

Thunder echoed in the distance. Soft notes echoed off the old walls.

Condoleeza Rice smiled.

D

Deleted member

Condoleeza Rice looked out at the rain as she moved her fingers softly over the piano keys.

"That's beautiful," Colin Powell said, startling her, though she kept playing. Thunder rolled outside.

"Chopin's Etude Number Five," she said, not making eye contact.

"Ah. Fitting," he said, standing in the doorway, looking at her hair pulled up in a bun, exposing her dancer's neckline. "Condi, I-"

He sighed. He didn't know what to say. Not yet.

The melody filled the room. He walked over to her, and listened. He reached down to gently brush her cheek.

"Colin." she moved her face away, still playing, "please. I... I don't want you near me."

It stung, but he understood.

"I-", he started, finally, "I thought you were okay with it. With us. And that you wanted to."

She sobbed softly, still playing, the notes perfect.

"Condi, I'm sorry!" He pleaded. "You told me-"

Suddenly there was a flash of light and noise from the doorway.

"Mr. President!" yelled a voice. Armed police stormed into the room, guns ready.

Colin Powell swung around, throwing his hands up. "Condi, you didn't."

The policemen advanced as the music kept playing.

"I'm- I'm innocent!" Powell protested, as a cop pulled hsi arms behind him to put cuffs on.

"Mr. President," said the cop, "you are under arrest for the **** of Condoleeza Rice. You have the right to remain si-"

"NO!" Powell yelled, struggling against the cuffs. Two policemen wrestled him towards the door. "I'm innocent! She wanted it! I swear!"

His yelling echoed through down the White House halls as they dragged him out.

"Ms. Rice," said the police chief, "are you okay?"

"I'll be fine," she said, looking out the window at the rain.

"They will need to administer your Oath soon," said the chief.

Thunder echoed in the distance. Soft notes echoed off the old walls.

Condoleeza Rice smiled.
translation:

no one will beat La in crews lol.

me and lee will be taking most of all your stocks.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Is there melee teams possibly going on too?

I might not do the brawl tournament just the melee one idk.

Although my mario in brawl is pretty sexy xD havent decided yet.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Again, teams if time permits. That's Brawl and Melee.

Also, who exactly is coming from Beaumont? It's my understanding it'll be Popertop, SeeWhy, and takeurlife so far. Anyone else?

CY

Smash Ace
yea it's four from TX coming- CY, Popertop, takeurlife and esca.

btw, i like these CP stages a lot better than houston. seriously, we have **** like luigi's mansion, port town, green greens, and corneria rofl.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Looks like there's a strong possibility of me being able to make this now. If I have an LSU ticket, I can say I'm going to the game and get off work the Saturday this tourney is on at like 2, so I can possibly enter Brawl assuming I get there in a timely fashion, which shouldn't be a problem, what with everyone at the game and all. So go ahead and put me down for now. 'Sides, you already have all my stuff. ^_^

D

Deleted member

so im trying to make a list of everyone that needs housing. so far i have the 4 from tx and pritch from n.o. who can only maybe stay. plz other people add yourself to the housing list.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I'm unsure if we'll need housing yet or not, Iori has yet to confirm whether or not he's wanting to go. If he goes we'll have to be home Sunday morning early =o

eet

Smash Ace
so should we estimate 3-4 ppl for possible ms housing?

and cyner ill add you to the list when you're more certain about making it.

id also like to get a clear look at fl when ever you guys get more certain as well.
thx everyone

-taylorhj

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Crews/ teams will depend on time. I'd expect there to be time for a Melee side event (teams or crews), but I can't say for sure.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I wouldn't do crews cause my crew is lazy and won't friggin work on getting better...
which is why I want to take them to a tourney and have them publicly embarrassed. Is that wrong of me?

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I <3 brawl

and melee would be super embarrassing, which is why if I come I'll join both brawl and melee...
cause I have played melee a total of 1 time since brawls release, I need to get back into it.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Randall, you should host another tournament with Melee in the frame of December 28th to January 3rd ^__^

So I can go when I'm in state.

D

Deleted member

the housing list is on the first page of the la thread.

teams will take lots of tvs, time, organization, ect. so it depends on how many people show up mostly.

but i dont care what anyone says. after the melee tourney and brawl pools, im taking 2 tvs for crew battles. this isnt a real tourney, i'd rather not have any money involved but do it just for fun. pseudo regional crews. it seems we have 4 for sure. la1, la2, ms, and fl. maybe tx too.
just do a little round robin match for fun. even if we dont have time for teams on lots of tvs we'd have time for that.

Top Bottom