• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 2 - Baton Rouge, La. (11/22/08) Melee/ Brawl!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
the housing list is on the first page of the la thread.

teams will take lots of tvs, time, organization, ect. so it depends on how many people show up mostly.

but i dont care what anyone says. after the melee tourney and brawl pools, im taking 2 tvs for crew battles. this isnt a real tourney, i'd rather not have any money involved but do it just for fun. pseudo regional crews. it seems we have 4 for sure. la1, la2, ms, and fl. maybe tx too.
just do a little round robin match for fun. even if we dont have time for teams on lots of tvs we'd have time for that.
You better be talking about Melee.......

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So anyone else have TVs/setups? This is what I have so far:

Setups
9 fulls setups:
-11 (12) TVs 7 (6) to go!
-9 Wiis/Brawl 3 to go!
-8 (9) Cubes/ Melee 0 (-1) to go!
-2 (4) Power Strips 6 (4) to go!

FakeGeorge - 2 TVs; 2 Wiis/Brawl; 1 Cube/Melee; 2 Power Strips; recording stuff
Redson - 1 Wii/Brawl
Pritch - 1TV/Cube/Melee
TaylorHJ - 2 TVs; 1 Cube/Melee; 1 Wii/Brawl
Bomber7 - 1 Wii/ Brawl; 1 Cube/ Melee
Mankosuki - 2 TVs; 1 Wii/Brawl; 1 Cube/ Melee; VCR(s) & camcorder
Nick - 2 TVs; 1 Wii/ Brawl; 1 Cube/ Melee; recording stuff
NES n00b - 1 TV; 1 Cube/Melee
Roni - 1 TV; 1 Cube/ Melee; 1 Wii/ Brawl

Maybe:
Shai Hulud - 1 TV; 1 Cube/ Melee; 2 power strips
------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I lawl. I am so pumped for this tourny. Unfortunatly I think redson said sudai wasn't coming. =( He recent aquired something from HOBO that I want and I've been hyping myself all week for. Well that's ok guys. Imagine how much hype I'll have if I store it all over winter. I be so pumped hopefully I'll stand a fighting chance of wining me and Sudai's "goggle match" >=D so gona win count on that.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
More people MM me. I got 10 more dollars to go and I am not scared as long as I got Link or CF by my side.
I'll MM your Link if I can go...3/5 Fox vs. Link with counterpick stages. Totally fair.

I think I should be able to make it. Still not 100% though.

D

Deleted member

bump.

me and kyle almost derived a foul proof way to win the tourney. turns out one wave bird receiver can't take the signals of 2 controllers at the same time. too bad.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
u know it more than likely already somehow has because around 3 weeks before i even knew about this tourney i was pre regged so the tourney organizers are sooo on the ball this time i didnt even have to tell them i was coming or ask for housing it was apparently already done for me and our whole North florida crew lol

freaking psychics

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Awesome.

So does anyone know if FlareFox and crew are actually coming?

Also, we could still use more TVs. If you're not bringing one yet but have the space, it'll be great if you could bring one. Thanks!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Okay, assuming I don't have to drive down there by myself I am coming to this.

Now accepting money matches that are highly tipped to my favor.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I'll MM your Link if I can go...3/5 Fox vs. Link with counterpick stages. Totally fair.

I think I should be able to make it. Still not 100% though.
That Daniel....always taking money matches against low tiers. lol I will take it if you will.

shai or nesnoob hit up ragnarock about going because i called him to day and he seemed interested
I will contact him then. :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
So I don't see our crew on the housing list at 1st page of LA thread... We should have had first dibbz though since I asked for it on post #5 of this thread! >_<

Anyway, my car is packed with people so I can only bring 1 TV now, not two.

D

Deleted member

everyone has housing. show up at my house:

8939 jefferson hwy apt. 1301
baton rouge, la

my number again is 225-892-4778

we can all smash and hang. we have 5 set ups potentially just normally in our house. just bring copies of melee.

after everyone gets settled and plays some friendlies tx will be going to nick's house to sleep. everyone else will stay with me. feel free for anyone to come on friday if you can. otherwise just show up sat morning for the tourney.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for housing everybody, Taylor/ Vaughn/ Ken/ Eric & Nick. I really appreciate it.

I'm still hoping for some more TVs, but I think everyone who would read this knows that, haha. I'm pretty sure we have enough for things to work, though.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I'm still trying to convince people they wanna go to this tourney, and they wanna risk using my vehicle to get there.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
are nes noob and shai coming? who are yall riding with?
We are coming and NES n00b is riding with me. Also 3GOD might be with us--he expressed interest in going earlier but I'm not sure if he still can.

We're probably going to get there Saturday around 11 AM, but we may need housing Saturday night.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
TX is actually planning on just staying Friday night from what they've told me, but I've lost contact with them as of like Saturday. So if you guys (TX) can see this, let me know if everything's good here.

Also, Taylor's Game n Watch too good.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
FL would also stay for just Friday night as I'm sure I'll probably have work Sunday morning at 8:00.

D

Deleted member

word. seems like the housing has worked itself out then o.O

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. I still think Nick wants to hear back from Beaumont though.

Thanks everyone who's housing. It's probably what's letting us have so many OOS at this.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
everyone has housing. show up at my house:

8939 jefferson hwy apt. 1301
baton rouge, la

my number again is 225-892-4778

we can all smash and hang. we have 5 set ups potentially just normally in our house. just bring copies of melee.

after everyone gets settled and plays some friendlies tx will be going to nick's house to sleep. everyone else will stay with me. feel free for anyone to come on friday if you can. otherwise just show up sat morning for the tourney.
Mind if i crash/come by friday night also?

eet

Smash Ace
no sorry matt. no one from new orleans will be able to stay probably either night but especially friday night. i think the count of people in my house is now up to 17.

shai, 5$ best 3/5 counter picks and bans your fox vs my g&w
word?

-taylorhj

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
no sorry matt. no one from new orleans will be able to stay probably either night but especially friday night. i think the count of people in my house is now up to 17.

shai, 5$ best 3/5 counter picks and bans your fox vs my g&w
word?

-taylorhj
These terms are sufficiently favorable for purple Fox. I accept!

Top Bottom