• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 2 - Baton Rouge, La. (11/22/08) Melee/ Brawl!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
There's a good chance that you'd make it in the middle of Brawl Singles. If we do doubles, it'll be after that. Feel free to show up for friendlies and stuff, though.

I'll seed pools, and if you end up in a pool with all Metaknights, I'll be shocked. Louisiana doesn't have many Metas, much less really good ones.

Also, I've noted how your crew did pretty well at HOBO, so that'll factor into seeding.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
im seeding melee hardcore but ull have to talk to randall about brawl
Since when did we have to talk to that Yoshi Cloud to ever know about seeding in Barwl tournaments? In fact, I didn't know you could talk to it. I just yelled at it futily the way people yell at inanimate objects or living things that wouldn't understand English anyway.

On another note, crews for Maylay!

D

Deleted member

hey im going to be at work till about midnight so if anyone gets lost or w/e i might not be able to pick up my phone if im busy. feel free to try me first but if you cant reach me, call vaughn (mocha19) at 225-485-5213
he is my roommate and will be able to direct you to the destination.
PEACE

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Any chance you'll also have a TV? If not, it's cool. Anything and everything helps.

Not too long now.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
About an hour. Things are looking pretty good, and I don't want this to be on page 2 when it starts, haha.

Anyways. If anyone has trouble finding the venue, you can call Laser Tag. I forget the number, but it's on their website (ltofbr.com). See everyone there!

D

Deleted member

small melee turnout but with a high concentration of good players. thx for coming everyone. ill post the full results tomorrow, this is just what i remember:

1. rice
2. nesnoob
3. pikachad
4. boomstick
5. ihbs / me
7. freddy / ram

gnight

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I can't believe my crew is so lost without me. You guys go out of town to get owned, what ever happened to don't make last. I wish I was there to show you guys how melee is supposed to be played. I mean if you are not first you are technically last so, yeah.
ps look at what time it is hooray

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
brawl:
1st- lee
2 TakeYourLife
3 CJ
4 Ran

dunno the rest. grats to everyone. great job take and ran.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
gg's to everyone I played last night ewspecially Lee >.> Time flies when you're getting 3 stocked in less than 2 minutes.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'll get a Brawl results thread up tomorrow or something. I think it turned out pretty well.

Thanks everyone for coming and bring stuff.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I can't believe my crew is so lost without me. You guys go out of town to get owned, what ever happened to don't make last. I wish I was there to show you guys how melee is supposed to be played. I mean if you are not first you are technically last so, yeah.
I think it is the other way around. You just be johnning. Shoutouts later maybe.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Seriously.

Stfu.

I don't recall you beating Rice in the last tournament either.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
so when are the the vids getting put up?

i heard the equipment was nick's, so i guess im mainly addressing him.

btw, good tourney to all.

lee too good

D

Deleted member

i can do that.

full melee results:

1. rice
2. nesn00b
3. pikachad
4. boomstick

5. ihbs
5. taylorhj

7. RAM
7. freddy

9. ken
9. kyle
9. tim
9. lee

13. nick (laf.)
13. avery
13. pierre
13. drummaboi

17. pritch
17. chadlly (new orleans chad)
17. randall
17. shai hulud

21. hyperdragon
21. mankosuki
21. everpower
21. emosso

word?

D

Deleted member

you know what im sad about? La doesnt have alot of char variation. everyone plays fox falco or marth. me and lee play a little shiek also but its like wtf. we dont have any practice against other chars. it's frustrating at a tourney when i feel like i can do pretty well against even a top player if they're using one of the top tiers but when i fight a different char i struggle. i want practice against more chars.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
you know what im sad about? La doesnt have alot of char variation. everyone plays fox falco or marth. me and lee play a little shiek also but its like wtf. we dont have any practice against other chars. it's frustrating at a tourney when i feel like i can do pretty well against even a top player if they're using one of the top tiers but when i fight a different char i struggle. i want practice against more chars.
I can't really empathize with you and in fact I really wish there were a group of tournaments players around here like there is in Louisiana. Where I live there's one other semi-active player who I get to play maybe twice a month for about three hours each time. Your G&W was the first G&W I ever fought, ever. Many of the low-tiers I have never fought. The only Peach and Samus experience I have is from tournaments. I have extremely limited Sheik experience. The other top characters I have actually fought some, but mostly from the same opponent (3GOD), who is approximately my skill level.

Louisiana's Smash scene may be relatively isolated, but the fact that there even is a Smash scene means everyone is Louisiana has about 100x the opportunities I have had to get better. There is no Smash scene whatsoever in middle Mississippi. I have to drive at least two and a half hours just for friendlies with people who are good. Tournaments are never closer than five hours away.

I ****ing hate Mississippi :mad:

D

Deleted member

me and ihbs tied for 5th/6th

shai, you are welcome to come over when ever you have a free weekend. me and ken (asian guy from the tournament) live together with a guy named eric that is in between me and ken's skill level, so even if everyone else in the city was busy you would still get in some good matches and you could stay a few nights if thats possible for you. i hear you only live a couple hours away. while thats still a good drive, if you were willing to make it, that'd be cool.

also my mom lives in pass christian, ms (next to gulfport) and i go there maybe once a month. how far do you live from there?

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I can't really empathize with you and in fact I really wish there were a group of tournaments players around here like there is in Louisiana. Where I live there's one other semi-active player who I get to play maybe twice a month for about three hours each time. Your G&W was the first G&W I ever fought, ever. Many of the low-tiers I have never fought. The only Peach and Samus experience I have is from tournaments. I have extremely limited Sheik experience. The other top characters I have actually fought some, but mostly from the same opponent (3GOD), who is approximately my skill level.

Louisiana's Smash scene may be relatively isolated, but the fact that there even is a Smash scene means everyone is Louisiana has about 100x the opportunities I have had to get better. There is no Smash scene whatsoever in middle Mississippi. I have to drive at least two and a half hours just for friendlies with people who are good. Tournaments are never closer than five hours away.

I ****ing hate Mississippi :mad:
If you played brawl, I have a tourney about once a month in "middle Mississippi".

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
shai, you are welcome to come over when ever you have a free weekend. me and ken (asian guy from the tournament) live together with a guy named eric that is in between me and ken's skill level, so even if everyone else in the city was busy you would still get in some good matches and you could stay a few nights if thats possible for you. i hear you only live a couple hours away. while thats still a good drive, if you were willing to make it, that'd be cool.
Well, when I'm not in school I'm in Madison, which is about three hours from Baton Rouge. It's not a bad drive unless I have to go there and come back the same day. Anyway, I'm on Christmas break starting December 10, so I may take you up on that offer and go down there one weekend.

also my mom lives in pass christian, ms (next to gulfport) and i go there maybe once a month. how far do you live from there?
Pass Christian is actually farther from Madison than Baton Rouge but it's pretty close to where NES n00b lives when he's not in school (Biloxi, I think...).

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
or shai, taylor, and ken can come play iori, I can play any character you want me to and either win or impress you. Just so from now on you won't be in the dark on how peach, samus or any character for that matter play.

ps chad and spaceballs live here to

eet

Smash Ace
too far away. i also play almost every char in the game but a: i cant play myself; and, b: im usually practicing my best chars so people dont really get to play the others.

-taylor

D

Deleted member

let's have all the la, ms, tn, ga, panhandle fl put in on multiple generators, find the most geographically central location to all of us and host a smash tourney in the woods. TOO GOOD>

Bo0m

Smash Rookie
I'll bring the herb...and shoutout to you shai, I didn't know you didn't have much experience..your fox is super technical ;)

Top Bottom