• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 2 - Baton Rouge, La. (11/22/08) Melee/ Brawl!

Sudai

Stuff here
$5 on Taylor. Since I won't be there, just give my $5 to Taylor when he wins and I'll have him give it to me later. Taylor, I'll give you the $5 for my bet on Thursday if I can manage to come over (we leave friday morning) and if not, I guess I'll just have to call my bet off. : (

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Are you guys really betting against my Fox against a low tier? Do you have any idea how GAY I play?

eet

Smash Ace
mms so far:
me and nes noob, no char restrictions, 2/3 $5
me and shai have a side bet on that match for $5

me vs shai, gw vs fox, 3/5 tourney rules, $5

not sure which match you want to bet on sudai but post it lol

-taylor

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I think we should give Sudai a run for his loss and have an epic failure match between me and Redson and post it for Sudai to see.

XD

MOst likely one of us has to lose a life with epic failure so how about it?

D

Deleted member

so far with updates and exact ruling:

5$, no char restrictions, 2/3 me vs nesnoob, counter picks and stage bans, tourney rules
5$ side bet on that match with shai

5$ shai's fox vs my gw, 3/5, counter picks and stage bans tourney rules
(i ban yoshi story. seriously gw can't recover on yoshi. it's like wtf ********.)

5$ my falco vs ihbs's samus. 2/3, counter picks and stage bans, tourney rules
(he bans fd)

taking other matches. im really tempted to play chad's pika but like thats a lame match up. i think i 2 stocked his pika with my falco at last1 but then he admited he hates that match up so it would be lame of me to choose a style of match that he wouldnt want to play normally so ill just friendly with chad.

any other offers?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, we'll probably have something going to record Melee and some stuff for Brawl. I'll leave it up to you to find a recording setup and make sure it's been turned on. Or, you can talk to one of us with recording stuff before you do your MM, and I'm sure someone will be willing to get it.

D

Deleted member

i guess i could see how it would be fun to play brawl (maybe), but how can you even want to watch recorded matches! dam. boring.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
so how many Wii's will be recording anyway? and how many matches will be recorded besides MM's?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
We'll try to get the finals of both tournaments. I think we'll have at least 4 recording setups, depending on how many VCRs Mankosuki is bringing.

I really can't say how many matches will be recorded past the finals, but I'd imagine we'll have more than just the finals recorded.

Haha, Taylor. Brawl videos are good for learning, at the very least. Also, I think there were some things I wanted to discuss with you about the Melee part. Look for a PM or something later.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
so far with updates and exact ruling:

5$, no char restrictions, 2/3 me vs nesnoob, counter picks and stage bans, tourney rules
5$ side bet on that match with shai

5$ shai's fox vs my gw, 3/5, counter picks and stage bans tourney rules
(i ban yoshi story. seriously gw can't recover on yoshi. it's like wtf ********.)

5$ my falco vs ihbs's samus. 2/3, counter picks and stage bans, tourney rules
(he bans fd)

taking other matches. im really tempted to play chad's pika but like thats a lame match up. i think i 2 stocked his pika with my falco at last1 but then he admited he hates that match up so it would be lame of me to choose a style of match that he wouldnt want to play normally so ill just friendly with chad.

any other offers?
Not really sure what to ban against G&W...actually I've probably fought G&Ws less than five matches ever, so I don't know much about the matchup period, but I mean come on, it's G&W...I have lasers.

I'm thinking Brinstar?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
thats cool. I hope I get lucky and get some of my matches recorded. Cuz I'd like to share them with some friends on the PT boards and get reviews and advice on getting better. Not like I can get that first hand at any tournament, but you know. anyway, thanks for the info. and you still can count on me for that Wii+Brawl and GC + Meele. I have all the stuff laid out on my bed now so all I have to do is get a bag big enough to fit it all in and I got everything. though I'm gona have to change the language on Meele, unless no one minds fighting in Japaneese?

Pritch

Smash Lord
I should get some stuff recorded. So far the only stuff of me that exists on youtube is a set vs phanna where I'm just off of 6 months of not playing and some random team friendlies with colbol from back when we were both terrible. All in all, nothing that I'm particularly proud of. Seems like time to change that.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I should get some stuff recorded. So far the only stuff of me that exists on youtube is a set vs phanna where I'm just off of 6 months of not playing and some random team friendlies with colbol from back when we were both terrible. All in all, nothing that I'm particularly proud of. Seems like time to change that.
I don't have any Peach footage for my combo vid, we should sit down and record at least 1.5 metric sh*t-tons of friendlies!

Pritch

Smash Lord
We do still need to get the mad friendlies that we were going to do at FCD and/or the mad friendlies we were going to do at TGMSBCO because we didn't get mad friendlies at FCD.

So yes, we should play.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
is beaumont getting a seed with our pools? i mean, we hung with you guys pretty well when you visited. (aside from you lee... im 75:1 =p)

i dont want to drive 4 hours just to get stuck in another pure metaknight pool like i got at hobo 11...

D

Deleted member

im seeding melee hardcore but ull have to talk to randall about brawl

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Pretty sure Brawl is going to have pools, so you'll have to earn your seed there. But yeah, double check with Randall on that.

-Chad-

Slackerator

any other offers?
Only matchup I hate is vs Samus and Peach, I'd be more than happy to mm vs a Falco =o

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'm from WAY out of town (Iowa), and I happen to be in BR. I want to come and participate in the Brawl portion, but I'm only available to make it there at 5:30 pm. What are the chances of me making it in time for either Brawl singles or doubles?

Top Bottom