• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 2 - Baton Rouge, La. (11/22/08) Melee/ Brawl!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
It was probably Kyle that you stayed with. I dunno how much smash he plays anymore (though I think it's mostly Melee, if anything), so I dunno if he's gonna attend or house or what. I'll try and get in touch with him.

I know TaylorHJ is already housing some people, but I have no idea how many people are too many.

Looks like Mocha beat me to it, haha.

I'd be good with a vote. I not really for banning wobbling, but if that's what most of the entrants want, then I'll go with it.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, if people have a TV/Wii/ Gamecube that they could bring, we could really use it. I don't want this to suck because we don't have enough setups. Thanks.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Chad: Your Pikachu is sick. 1: tail spiking me at like 130% and Cactuar dying of laughter. The amazing pause I had where Pika was supaman and Fox was doing some crazy *** pose. good times. haha

Nes: I know...but Canada is better. ;) At least our health care is.

3GOD

Smash Ace
lol owned. But Pikachad is way too good. The only great MS player we had until DML moved here.

Not to demean Joel's and Daniel's skills, but yeah Chad is much better than us.
Lol, how sad is it that we have only 6 serious Melee players in MS...now that DML is here that is.

I will probably bring a setup as well (assuming I'm able to come), and we should totally do crew battles now that MS has enough players to have a state crew!

Sudai

Stuff here
Louisiana only has Taylor, Tim, Ken, Perch, Kyle as our "Serious" melee players. We have a few others that play Melee (Like me) but we only do it when we need a break from Brawl (lul no debates please). I enjoy both, but Brawl is where the big crowd is atm so I'm obviously gonna be playing that more. :x

*still made he won't be able to be there.........*

Pritch

Smash Lord
Louisiana only has Taylor, Tim, Ken, Perch, Kyle as our "Serious" melee players. We have a few others that play Melee (Like me) but we only do it when we need a break from Brawl (lul no debates please). I enjoy both, but Brawl is where the big crowd is atm so I'm obviously gonna be playing that more. :x

God****it man. You find me a better way to represent pritch than prch with 4 characters and I will **** well do it.

:mad:

D

Deleted member

lee is in that group with you. melee LA crews a and b lol

3-5 man crews o.O

la list:
me, lee, kyle, pritch, tim, ken, sudai, freddy, eric, randall that i think you can count on to most likely be there.

randoms that might show up o.O:
ffox, patrick, shyg, mura, pierre (am i missing anyone?)

team Yeahuhz:
lee, me, kyle, tim, patrick! (eric for sub if someone doesnt show)

ive always wanted to crew again. i wasnt satisfied with myself at fc:d

-Chad-

Slackerator
If we do come it'll at least be myself, IHSB, and Hyperdragon.

Hopeful people would be Iori, Myztek, NES, who knows who else I can drag to this. If a lot more people say they're gonna be going I could try to convince Nite or Zero to go =o

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm probably gona sound stupid but what is a prospective attendee?

Note: vocabulary isnt as strong as it should be. lol.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
A prospective attendee is someone who might go to this.

It's cool to hear Chad and friends are coming back to BR. I'm gonna try and get some people from Texas to come to this, so maybe that'll motivate more people to attend. Some people from La. are going to the next HOBO, so they're gonna (hopefully) see if some people are interested.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know that, haha. At first I was going to do the 8th, but that was HOBO. At this point, we'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for letting me know.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I've talked with TaylorHJ, and since he's going to be the one more or less running the Melee part of LasT 2, wobbling is banned.

-Ran

Smash Master
To those that haven't gone to the venue, it's veeeeeeery nice in terms of size. Could easily fit in 100 people + set ups with no issue at all. The second floor of the building has no noise aside from what we'll create, which is -awesome.- More importantly, they sell Pizza and concessions down stairs. There are plenty of chairs and tables to eat where we'd be playing as well so eating/watching a game is not a problem at all. Numerous wall jacks as well.

Also, the venue is close to LSU which means there will be some 'walk in' scrubs.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ok, banning Wobbling has got to be the gayest thing in the world D<

I'm trying to see if there are any people who would like to go to this. If there isn't then I won't be going <_<

D

Deleted member

" Ok, banning Wobbling has got to be the gayest thing in the world D<"

why, do you play ice and can only win with grab to death gheyness?

a real ice can win without it.

a ban on it isnt for pros. it wouldn't determine the outcome of a match for them. either like chu's 'gentleman's rule' (in which wobbling isnt used), or the fact that the best of players wouldnt be grabbed; it wouldn't effect their game. a ban on it is made for good players who arent perfect at the game. the outcome of a match shouldnt be determined by one guy who practiced rhythm at his house and grabbed a player who was better than him, then killed him from one grab.

it's probably safe to say that the best players attending for melee will be rice, lee, pika chad, and myself. none of whom can say they beat m2k. being good is not being GREAT, and i just wouldnt want to see a tourney ruined by a noob with proper timing.

ok, thx for your offensive input.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Seriously, while wobbling is imo not banworthy, it's not like it really changes a lot either way or the other. It's still gonna suck **** to get grabbed by a good IC player, and you'll still beat an IC who's worse than you. Any IC whose entire game is based around wobbling and can't win without it isn't gonna make it too far into the bracket anyways - there's going to be enough good people at this thing to insure that.

D

Deleted member

lol nvm. apparently chad is more of a beast than i thought.

ive just experienced wobbling at it's worst, first hand. at fc:d after beating eggs in pools i fought against a player no one had ever heard of. these are 3 stock games so i take the first game from his peach. 2 stock. he's like oh well looks like im going to get pwnd anyway and he picks ice. i think i played capt. because i didnt think it was anything to worry about. having no experience vs ice with capt, he wins; only wobbling me once. im like oh wow that suks, so i pick marth on yoshi; thinking it will be an easy win. i take his first stock with around 25% damage. he respawns and wobbles me dead. i come back and take his second stock and give him a good amount of damage on his last before he takes my second stock. he's probably at 70-90% at this point and i come back, get hit a few times, and wobbled for the loss. even after beating eggs, i didnt advance from pools because of this. there was a 3 way tie for 3rd-5th. still didnt advance. wobbled twice in a 3 stock match. sure, it's my fault for getting grabbed, but how annoying is it to lose to a player who obviously isn't on your skill level because of a true infinite (that isn't even hard to do). maybe i just have a personal grudge or something, but seriously; it can happen. he only took one stock legitimately, and only hit me a few other times.

the best part about this is, i think wobbling was banned at fc:d, i just didnt know about it.

and i know rice wasnt excited about his match with lee at last1

my previous argument says more than this lame story. wobbling bans wont matter at the best level of play, but with your normal above average play crowd, it can really ruin things.

end.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Randal, the Yoshi Story Cloud, is a B@STARD

Thinking about it now still gives me nightmares : /

....raaaaaaaaaaaghthahtoasrhghaghshhhhhhh

Top Bottom