• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
he said it was the flu but he didnt even bother testing because it had already been over 24 hours and after that you are kind of on your own...there are some antiviral medications (tamiflu) but he said because it has been so long it would be a waste of money...

only bad thing is that my neck is starting to hurt which is a sign of meningitis...which can be caused by influenza...

not quite sure on the ramifications of that but i hope i just slept wrong last night

lord karn

Smash Master
I think Sheik/ICs is even, it's just more difficult to play for Sheik.

I also think that Falcon/Jiggs is even or slightly in Jiggs favor, theoretically at least, again with it being harder for falcon to play.

DUB

Smash Lord
I think Sheik/ICs is even, it's just more difficult to play for Sheik.

I also think that Falcon/Jiggs is even or slightly in Jiggs favor, theoretically at least, again with it being harder for falcon to play.
I'm pretty much with you in this. Sometimes Jiggz gets so much % she's impossible to kill. Then again you can knee her at 30 and she'll die.

DUB

Smash Lord
I don't think straight up knees are very common on jiggz.

Also DUB are you never on aim or just invisible?
Straight up knees are rare.

Buuuuuut at low percents it is fairly easy to get Up-air chains to knee on Jiggz. Especially off a d-throw.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
The thing is that you don't want Falcon gaining momentum if you're the Jiggs. Most of the time it spells trouble unless your really good at predicting where your opponent is going to be or do and DI/react accordingly( like reallllly good ) or punish a missed L-cancel.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
*sigh* does anyone know just how many brocator threads have been made since the beginning? like 20? 30?

is it being decided who will make another one? i actually had an opinion on that whole argument that i wanted to voice, but having **** to do today i didnt get to swf until the thread was closed. if it is to be continued, it should be in the proom, where other people can voice their opinion on the issue.

i wont voice my opinion here cuz i dont want this thread closed

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The other one will be re-opened on Friday.

I think we had 2 that served us until PAC quit posting sometime in 08. Since then we've probably gone through at least 3 lol.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I just saw the duck and now it looks like a duck to me instead of a sheep. That bothers me, I can't even see the Goat anymore unless I look hard enough.

rhan

Smash Hero
*sigh* does anyone know just how many brocator threads have been made since the beginning? like 20? 30?

is it being decided who will make another one? i actually had an opinion on that whole argument that i wanted to voice, but having **** to do today i didnt get to swf until the thread was closed. if it is to be continued, it should be in the proom, where other people can voice their opinion on the issue.

i wont voice my opinion here cuz i dont want this thread closed
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9052476

Just because I want to hear your opinion on the matter.

Edit: I'm just like your Lurkerz, Theo........ Everywhere, hidden, and annoying as ****!

rhan

Smash Hero
You're not a temp debater.... :/

Request and join so you can view the proving grounds.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
You're not a temp debater.... :/

Request and join so you can view the proving grounds.
Did u make the thread? if so i might join, but the whole reason my debater status was taken away was because i stopped posting.

i thought about reappealing back then, but i realized that the kind of debating that goes on back there is mostly shalllow and people really dont take the time to consider other people's opinions. Also, much of it is empty debate (ie useless in the practical world) or based on hot topic issues of the day where no real progress on the issue is being made back there. So, while searching the board for something worthwhile discussing, I found myself among either a plethora of topics i wasnt interested in or just a bunch of one-sided jerks who dont really care about what you have to say.

A sad thing is that I really do have meticulously crafted opinions on a lot of the stuff that they discuss, but it's not worth the time of day for me to put on those boards because people will likely just skim over it. Your ability to get in there is basically dependent on your ability to wall-of-text...
...which resembles maining Jiggs, to which I am strongly opposed

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm not a debater, but i think i'm getting my roommate into it (smashboards debate stuff). i don't really have a stance on such things, but...generally the only way to make things better is to join something, and invite others to make it better. there may be a whole slew of people like you crystalnite, who think that the current room lacks true discussion. if thats the case, then once one of you join, and more of you join, wouldn't it become something worthwhile?

or it could just be not worth the time, lol

edit: tj, its at duke, and unless i'm mistaken all is free unless you were implying money matches

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
Ha. . . . what time will the festivities start?

Meh. I've started having knock out drag down debates with my roommate. About anything from the true meaning of the confederate flag to the reason why liking asians might make someone a pedophile.

I always wanted to join a debate team, but seeing as I'm Hardcore Apolitical and most of them teams I have access to have people who don't care about your opinions (they sit there and nod until you stop talking, then they say what they just said.) I agree with crystal, if you're not going to listen I'm not arguing with you.

I don't know enough about smash to debate. . . sadly.

Edit: btw chris. Find a way out here.
Ganon dittos.
I've been practicing.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
haha i'll do what i can. i just really don't know how i'd get there at all; it seems like everyone is coming from east of durham, so anyone who would get me would have to go past duke, get me, and then get to duke. and thats just unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom