• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Crystalnite said:
Did u make the thread? if so i might join, but the whole reason my debater status was taken away was because i stopped posting.

i thought about reappealing back then, but i realized that the kind of debating that goes on back there is mostly shalllow and people really dont take the time to consider other people's opinions. Also, much of it is empty debate (ie useless in the practical world) or based on hot topic issues of the day where no real progress on the issue is being made back there. So, while searching the board for something worthwhile discussing, I found myself among either a plethora of topics i wasnt interested in or just a bunch of one-sided jerks who dont really care about what you have to say.

A sad thing is that I really do have meticulously crafted opinions on a lot of the stuff that they discuss, but it's not worth the time of day for me to put on those boards because people will likely just skim over it. Your ability to get in there is basically dependent on your ability to wall-of-text...
...which resembles maining Jiggs, to which I am strongly opposed
Dorsey made it.

Jiggs maining is for the super patient.

Wall-o-text ***** eyes.

So does posting like Mango.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
depending on who you're playing against, you could play Doc rather than mario.

I play mario because he moves faster.

You play ICs?

While mario is legit, and he's always been my best character, I've always had love for DK.

He just has things that I value. The ability to move while holding someone, the balance of speed and power. The short hop charging to aerials. BBS, backthrow. Even the taunt is cool as hell.

Though my best character may change, I will never stop playing DK. He completes me . .

*No homo*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOOOOOL

Falco is a different favorite hurrrrrrrrrrrrr

I like Falcon a lot too so there.

I'll show you with the Mario bro. That is, if Twitch lets me practice him.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
dthrow dair is the standard cg. it works on anyone that can't smash di. just dthrow and time a dair to hit them before they pop off of the ground too far. utilt leads into grab on fast fallers, as does dash attack. dsmash is good. uair is good. bair is good. sheild is silly. ummmm we're good characters. double ic? you know you wanna.

DUB

Smash Lord
I think GofG told me there was a small window where if you DI down and away and spotdodge you can escape the chain grab, but thats if they mess up. How do the mechanics of it work PLUR? Sometimes they pop behind you and sometimes they pop in front of you? Is that DI dependent?

DJRome

Smash Hero
i just got ****ed up by my old english exam. luckily, i get to work on a paper and study for an exam now

SOOOO waiting for saturday

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I think GofG told me there was a small window where if you DI down and away and spotdodge you can escape the chain grab, but thats if they mess up. How do the mechanics of it work PLUR? Sometimes they pop behind you and sometimes they pop in front of you? Is that DI dependent?
if you hit with the back of the dair hitbox, it sends them behind you. it dunno much tech stuff about ic. i just learned the basics and play by ear. and tj, smirk ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom