• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
oh i listened. i simply subsequently inserted my own reasoning and disregarded. can't always be oppressed by big brother twitch :)

edit:dang it, i hate editing. well, for one thing, consider the origins of the biweeklies.

they began as a way for me to have people over and play because i don't own a car. and subsequently, they turned into a very good source of smash for central nc. so my very frequent hosting is in that regard a bit selfish yes. but once again, should i make a mediating solution? in terms of supporting nc smash, i'd say no. perhaps in the name of parity. but i don't personally find that necessary. i really only host 3 biweeklies in 2 months (read since september, there have been 5 months and 7 biweeklies) so they are almost monthlies. so i don't see what you mean there. as for hype for other tournaments, the turnout for other tournaments has not really been affected. the two billfests, munkaid, and asheboro all had good turnouts. so while it may not be "fair" to other potential tos, it equally supports the smash community. and once again, people are free to host whenever. i am never one to say (hey, don't host on that date. im hosting one etc). it's quite the opposite. but i just find that my personal interests (and somewhat the interests of central nc) outweigh the potential parity it may bring from hosting less.

and concerning hype, that is quite unfortunate. i don't know what else to say other than the east coast has biweeklies and their events are still hype. it's more of a function of the players than the events imo.
This is much better.

I don't know how you can actually say how the turnout was fine for other tournaments. That's impossible to predict because things didn't happen differently. What I mean by that is: if you made your tournaments monthlies, then you don't know how turnouts for other tournaments would have been affected.

I think Billfests, Munkaid, and Asheboro are all special exceptions, and I'd be surprised if you didn't already know it. Billfests were around before duke, had **** turnouts, and were monthlies.....ish. Munkaid has a ridiculously far back tradition and had OOS coming. Asheboro was hosted during winter break, before you came back, and after a dry spell of no tournaments. All of those seem to be exempted from the duke rule. Stongers' tournament is the biggest example of what all of this hosting can do. I have heard quite a few people say "why should I go to Stongers'? There's a Duke coming up AND SOS on the 27th. Plus, I don't want to make that drive." Is that fair to him?

I'm well aware of how much better it is for central NC to host for their own sake....since late 2007 that hasn't changed.

You're going to have to be more specific about EC. MD/VA has a few dinky bi-weeklies and no other events with hype. See what I mean?

DJRome

Smash Hero
let's do a $10 for pr's sake. ****

well, in my eyes, they have a good enough turnout that i personally don't feel i need to limit my biweeklies. that's what i mean by good turnout i guess. as far as stongers, it's not me being unfair as his location. if i were there and wanted to start biweeklies, it would be nearly impossible. it's more of his location than me, trust me.

so vilify me as you will, but i value myself more than others and cannot please everyone. just the plain facts.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You didn't even respond to my points with that edit, you just restated what you said before.

You're villifying yourself. I can only work with what I have.

DJRome

Smash Hero
my first sentence to your first paragraph. as i've already explained, my tournaments are pretty much monthlies. only november and september were there months that had multiple events.

as to the fairness, i have already talked about that too. im not entirely fair

ape:for the sake of transparency lol. let's include everyone

null55

Smash Master
lol dude i'm poor. heww nah. ain't riskin more than a dollar.

not that it's a risk anyway!!! huurrrr dee hurrrr de hurdy!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
guys really shouldn't argue on smashboards when there's stuff like aim and private messages
Does it really matter in this case?

Edit: September and november had billfests. With those gone, it will likely be less that is hosted now and more of Duke. I'm trying to be proactive here.

At least you admit the fairness part.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
oh lord. I chose the wrong time to look at this thread.

I agree with PP. non-duke tournaments would be more common and have larger turnouts if duke was monthly.

null55

Smash Master
i know right, AND i just bought cotton candy. :(

@PP: one bi-weekly and random other hype events sounds good to me. -_-;;

god****it......

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
oh lord. I chose the wrong time to look at this thread.

I agree with PP. non-duke tournaments would be more common and have larger turnouts if duke was monthly.
i thought my stupid rants would distract there bickering..... but i guess i was wrong

DJRome

Smash Hero
*facepalm*

these are already pretty much monthly. december:1 january:1 february:1. and in the clouds of _______biweeklies________ two other tournaments emerged in february. ****.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
so I got cam's money/2
you know.
Cam in real life kinda reminds me of a jiggly puff. Just, his mannerisms. The jigglypuff in his pro pic makes me think of him. Moo kinda reminds me of a Roy. Like, seriously. Just, he's the kid brother type that's funny as hell but has some seriously intense **** going for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually produced a giant *** fire one day.

As for that, PP and DJ kinda remind me of Falco and Fox. PP doesnt really laugh in person all that much, and DJ's always arguing with him. They're at odds but they fight for the same reason, for NC Smash.

Ike: I fight for my friends.

PLUR, I'm sorry but you remind me of a GaW. I apologize. It's your mannerisms.
DarkSyde gets the Falcon for his mood swings and his overall imposing nature when he isnt laughing.
I'm too tired to think of the rest. More to come.

DJRome

Smash Hero
so kevin, are you satisfied now? i know you're not happy about the name of these things, but it's mostly academic

null55

Smash Master
@TJ: show me a good pizza place.

DJ, shutup.

god, both of you are ********. this was the worst argument you could have chosen not to "ignore," Liang...

theAPExp

Smash Ace
maybe i should contribute then

if not for oos the last billfest and munkaid turnouts would've been low turnouts
just saying

i would like to point out that the reason for the lack or tourneys in dec/jan had to do with the college being closed for holiday and dj being in georgia
before that they were still being organized and somewhat done on a biweekly schedule with ncstate taking brawl on opposite weekends

DJRome

Smash Hero
i thought billfests and munkaid always did that? also a lot of people come intermittently and rarely to my events. those being like rawfuls, tho, tc, etc.
and kevin, u should aim me or something if you really want to hash out something.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Maybe I will at some point, but I feel pretty drained of hope when I think about it right now.

Rawfuls is going to come to more stuff now I think(work schedule permitting). THO probably will come to stuff only when he gets time to.

null55

Smash Master
lol yeah bro, don't be tellin me to calm down. this is a discussion about avoiding detonating a bomb that we don't even know exists yet.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
haha i definitely fell into pp's "theres a biweekly, SOS, and long drive" category.

part of me still wants to go. but...i just feel so meh about it.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
if duke biweeklies aren't biweeklies, shouldn't the name be changed to monthlies?

lol just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom