• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
It's all good guys its all good. when i sell my book, with some spare money ill buy a house or something and design it specifically for brawl and melee tourneys. all yall will have to do is show up, no setups at all.
courtesy of the mongoose.

edit: how do u sig peoples quotes?

DJRome

Smash Hero
that's the point, kevin. there is no situation. you're getting mad because im not doing things as you see fit. and given that you being around 1/30 of nc, no one else is complaining and your complaint is negligible.

all of the acerbic sarcasm is not helping in the least. people don't want to pay money for tournaments sometimes. im sure you're okay with that. but as soon as i make a smashfest where i don't spend money but still play smash, im thrown under the bus.

do you think i have to attend everything? i prefer not to go to stongers' tournament bc i quite frankly don't want to spend gas $, more time, and entrance dollars for getting nothing back. sorry for the selfishness. but why don't you go around stalking other people who don't come to tournaments every week but continue to play smash at home. this smashfest is nothing more than a public extension of that. and if people would RATHER not spend money for a weekend, go blame them too. cause they're supporting their best interests as well.

quite frankly, i am not always going to have nc's best intersts in mind. period. i have my own reasons for doing things my way and they don't always align with nc's interests. big deal.

and go off if you want lol. i can defend any decision i make

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Goku vs Vegeta.

It's on.

Letters, so my sig will show up.
Cause don't you need, like a certain amount?
MOOMOO.

****, it didn't show up.
Get *****, Cody. blblblblblblblb

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
MAN you are defensive today. What the heck is wrong with you???

I'm not mad about anything. If I was, you'd know it by now. I'm trying to figure out why you're doing what you're doing, and instead of that, you're insulting me and saying you can do whatever you want to because you do sooooo much and you're suuuuuch a big deal. I don't care about that stuff. You're a prominent NC TO, and I deeply thank you for that, and I was trying to figure out the reasoning for your decisions. It seems like that's no good anymore though. I am pretty sad at the way you are handling this, but I guess you're right, I am only 1/30th of NC. I just hope you don't treat all of your other criticism so negatively in the future.

Tis a sad day for NC. I don't even have the fire to tell you off now.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I double posted so this would work because moo told me too.

btw it snows this weekend so 99% melee is ****ed and moo will be here forever.

FOREVER! FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, hahaha, haha, hahaha, haha, hahaha!!

DJRome

Smash Hero
sigh. im not here to beg people to shower me with praise. you strangely label my response as defensive when you specifically asked me to address these points.

but when you question my interests in nc smash, i have to show facts that support what i feel is being projected. specifically, you're targeting me for doing something that you have yet to show has any serious faults. which is hilarious since any time i propose an idea you immediately shoot it down mostly.

im not saying i can do what i want because i do so much. it's because they're my tournaments. but these decisions are not in the least arbitrary or completely autonomous, as you make them out to be. the two are not inclusive. i don't see how im insulting you any more than you are insulting me.

once again, i don't fail to consider what people say. i just find it interesting that you in particular feel the need to call me out on my decisions for pretty much everything. and when people criticize me but it's done your way, you attack them. and when i do something that's not such, you attack me.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
sigh. im not here to beg people to shower me with praise. you strangely label my response as defensive when you specifically asked me to address these points.

but when you question my interests in nc smash, i have to show facts that support what i feel is being projected. specifically, you're targeting me for doing something that you have yet to show has any serious faults. which is hilarious since any time i propose an idea you immediately shoot it down mostly.

im not saying i can do what i want because i do so much. it's because they're my tournaments. but these decisions are not in the least arbitrary or completely autonomous, as you make them out to be. the two are not inclusive. i don't see how im insulting you any more than you are insulting me.

once again, i don't fail to consider what people say. i just find it interesting that you in particular feel the need to call me out on my decisions for pretty much everything. and when people criticize me but it's done your way, you attack them. and when i do something that's not such, you attack me.

This is basically what DJ said

**** you, I'm the Prince of all Asians.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol smith is a god of dbz.
and lol ace, mehbeh.

but seriously, pp. if you find my actions so evil and anti-nc, then don't support the biweeklies. but i fail to see how hosting a side event and scheduling a smashfest on a day which falls on the same day as a tournament i have no desire to attend is so wrong

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
and lol ace, mehbeh.

but seriously, pp. if you find my actions so evil and anti-nc, then don't support the biweeklies. but i fail to see how hosting a side event and scheduling a smashfest on a day which falls on the same day as a tournament i have no desire to attend is so wrong

Don't mess with me!!

Is what he said.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

It's the way you respond to them, obviously.

I never questioned your interests in NC smash, so I stopped reading after that for that paragraph.

My initial suggestions held no "insults." Your responses warranted whatever insults I directed toward you. And obviously they're your tournaments, but again, a TO should do things that reflect the opinions of the general audience they are trying to bring in.

As you make a lot of the decisions in NC, I am interested in them. I have been involved with creating numerous facets of NC smash's history, and I'd like to think that I can make reasonable points based on my experience/reasoning alone. I have backed up my ideas with what I believe to be fair logic, so the least you could do is give me an adequate reply.

You may have missed this before, but I apologize for writing you off on lots of things you've said before. I would like to mention that I have always explained to you my stance on every issue before I realized that you would never change your mind and ridiculing you. What you are doing right now is worse than what I have ever done to you at any one argument/discussion.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
and lol ace, mehbeh.

I don't think you have bad intentions, but I don't agree with some of the things you've done. This isn't necessarily a wrong thing! Discussion can only improve what is there if we let it.

You forget to mention the "bi-weeklies vs monthlies" discussion, as well as plain ridiculing the actual impact that hosting said side event and fest has on the scene. Are you reading my posts? The entirety of them?

DJRome

Smash Hero
Only the TOs with their own best interest at heart-I mean, NC smash's best interest at heart would do that, right?
i don't want to go in and dissect every sentence because that's pretty unproductive. so list any complaints now and i will address as best as i can.

edit: as far as the biweeklies vs monthlies, i have already addressed this quite extensively
i schedule my biweeklies around other tournaments, and i give ample consideration to other tos should they feel they need a tournament.

the bottom line is that on weeks where there are no other tournaments, i will likely host if my workload permits, sometimes even when it doesn't. and i do not really care about the turnout. for instance, i woke up early and provided tvs for the last duke which did not bear any fruit. i woke up early in my weekend, and i waited anyways. because i am here to support any smasher who wishes to play.

with that said, everyone is welcome to these biweeklies as they see fit. if you want to save money for a larger tournament, don't come to these. budgeting is something people have the ability to do on their own and i do not see a reason to limit some people for the sake of others when they have the ability to do so on their own.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
It's the way you respond to them, obviously.

I never questioned your interests in NC smash, so I stopped reading after that for that paragraph.

My initial suggestions held no "insults." Your responses warranted whatever insults I directed toward you. And obviously they're your tournaments, but again, a TO should do things that reflect the opinions of the general audience they are trying to bring in.

As you make a lot of the decisions in NC, I am interested in them. I have been involved with creating numerous facets of NC smash's history, and I'd like to think that I can make reasonable points based on my experience/reasoning alone. I have backed up my ideas with what I believe to be fair logic, so the least you could do is give me an adequate reply.

You may have missed this before, but I apologize for writing you off on lots of things you've said before. I would like to mention that I have always explained to you my stance on every issue before I realized that you would never change your mind and ridiculing you. What you are doing right now is worse than what I have ever done to you at any one argument/discussion.

My name is Dr.PeePee and I'm from North Carolina.
I will not let you harm my friends, I am the protector of this state.

EVEN IF YOU APOLOGIZE, I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol no. i am probably not going to change anything i do. i'll just address kevin in what he feels i have yet to explain.

and im doing the falcon tourney bc it was well accepted at pound and i thought it would be cool and fun. and voluntary.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@DJ: That sentence was typed because you pissed me off. You should look at everything else.

I fail to see how that is an adequate response to what I wrote at all, but I will discuss it regardless.....

Even if you don't host when there are other tournaments going on, there is no incentive to go to other tournaments, especially those hosted in west NC, because there is the prospect of yours coming up again the next weekend. If you host something during another tournament, then you have effectively shown that you recognize that and are willing to ignore the strife of another TO.

Another thing, there are no other real "larger tournaments" at this time. No one is motivated to host because you are hosting so much. Billfests are gone, so there aren't even any hyped up tournaments anymore. If you changed your bi-weeklies to monthlies, then you could get more hype for your events+other TOs could get better turnouts to their own tournaments.

Edit: Alex, I will talk to you when I come home this month. I know when it will be now.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I havent read all the post i just read the side post like fiz and smith, and found out that djmoan and p.enispeeker are at each other throats. welllllll, im going to politely ask yall to stop bickering and give each other hugz. what ever the debate is about screw it, p.enispeeker is right, djmoan is right, so let it end. divert ur attentions to some big breasted women.

DJRome

Smash Hero
oh i listened. i simply subsequently inserted my own reasoning and disregarded. can't always be oppressed by big brother twitch :)

edit:dang it, i hate editing. well, for one thing, consider the origins of the biweeklies.

they began as a way for me to have people over and play because i don't own a car. and subsequently, they turned into a very good source of smash for central nc. so my very frequent hosting is in that regard a bit selfish yes. but once again, should i make a mediating solution? in terms of supporting nc smash, i'd say no. perhaps in the name of parity. but i don't personally find that necessary. i really only host 3 biweeklies in 2 months (read since september, there have been 5 months and 7 biweeklies) so they are almost monthlies. so i don't see what you mean there. as for hype for other tournaments, the turnout for other tournaments has not really been affected. the two billfests, munkaid, and asheboro all had good turnouts. so while it may not be "fair" to other potential tos, it equally supports the smash community. and once again, people are free to host whenever. i am never one to say (hey, don't host on that date. im hosting one etc). it's quite the opposite. but i just find that my personal interests (and somewhat the interests of central nc) outweigh the potential parity it may bring from hosting less.

and concerning hype, that is quite unfortunate. i don't know what else to say other than the east coast has biweeklies and their events are still hype. it's more of a function of the players than the events imo.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
good grief.
yeah, i said good grief. what of it?

if you disregard the opinions of the people that are actually going to BE THERE and make it falcon-only, would that really be a good choice?

but, hey, you're just going to ignore me. :ohwell:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
oh i listened. i simply subsequently inserted my own reasoning and disregarded. can't always be oppressed by big brother twitch :)
I really like this new you. It will be 100X more satisfying to combo.

Edit: Alex, drop it NOW. You're better off leaving it alone.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Keith, you make me want to say a lot. I'm going to leave it at: there is a new division in NC. I am doing nothing but showing it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
twitch, the falcon thing is a side event. that means in addition to the actual tournament. and pp flexing his muscle again lol

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
oh ok, what do u mean by new division? i literary was not listening to a thing yall were talking about, i just wanted yall to get along and stop picken on each other.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It wouldn't be "flexing muscle" if someone else said it, DJ. I'll admit I have earned some personal insults after what I have said to you in the past, but this is getting silly.

And now you're editing? Hang on.....

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Im the best thing yet, u know i get that thang wet, everybody want to be fly but don't know where they wings at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom