• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It is, but considering how you can only hit Fox/Falco out of Phantasm at certain points, the bigger the hitbox, the more chance you have of hitting.

Dair is a better edgeguarding tool vs Phantasm, but requires more precision.

Flayl

Smash Hero
But it lasts a lot longer than BAir, so it requires less precision too :p

I have a bigger problem with timing than positioning.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Uhh... Hammer is a good Phantasm punishing move, not a phantasm intercepting move. o_o

Bair and dair. It's been a few since I last played a Falco, so I can't remember if fsmash breaks it, or Falco clanks with the hitbox. (like with our utilt and ftilt).

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
It depends. The hit-box for phantasm is behind Falco, but his hurt-box only appears in four places over the duration of the move. Whether on not a move breaks it depends a lot more on timing than the move itself. Heck, I've stopped phantasm with uncharged peanut pop-gun shots. Moves that come out quick and have a lasting strong hit-box are your best bet though (bair taking the prize for the best option with d-tilt taking a close second).

On a side note, be careful if your opponent is aware of where phantasm is weak. They may try to put you in the "dead" spot where Falco's hit-box doesn't show up.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
On a side note, be careful if your opponent is aware of where phantasm is weak. They may try to put you in the "dead" spot where Falco's hit-box doesn't show up.
Seeing this pulled off many times in a single match against me would surprise me to no end. Not because I don't believe it, but because that would take a tremendous amount of skill to successfully pull off, as well as predict Kirby's hitboxes' location.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It depends on where you hit it. And yeah... hammer is... well... I'd recomend it even less than I do using it to intercept Sonic's spindashes :p

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Seeing this pulled off many times in a single match against me would surprise me to no end. Not because I don't believe it, but because that would take a tremendous amount of skill to successfully pull off, as well as predict Kirby's hitboxes' location.

I simply meant that the Kirby player should be aware that it can be done. I never said it could be done consistently (which considering that the Falco isn't in control of Kirby's movements would be impossible anyways).

Edit: On a side note, I meant Falco's hurt-box, not hit-box. Sorry if it confused anyone.

Hey I'm kinda getting your signature... Kirby's small + DK's fur and monkey-ishness= Diddy XD!!!(Just kidding :/)

Can Kirby's bair extend all around his body?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
berserker01, when you Bair, almost all of your body becomes a hitbox (except the far side of Kirby's face, so if you wanna do a reverse bair, you have to get in pretty close)... And his bair's well-known disjoint is also quite attractive when you include it with his body's hitbox!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
USA Brawl Kirby power ranking plz? Top 5 at least. Fist one to answer gets a cookie =)
Someone make another Power Ranking thread again since the last owner of that thread doesn't log on much anymore. Too many request to see the best Kirby main's etc has been asked too often. T_T

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's a hard question to solve, solving who's the best Kirby is like saying who would win in a fight between two Goku's clashing with eachother non stop.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
M2K, considering MK is a kirby-like creature with armor and a sword.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
M2K, considering MK is a kirby-like creature with armor and a sword.
Haha, while I get it's a joke, I'm not entirely sure he would be all that great with Kirby. He's only ever used like 10 characters in this game according to him. He didn't know Wolf or Lucas' moveset when he randomed into him while playing drunk (despite it being 7 AM...) all-random stamina lightning mode with OS and Capem.

SO basically, if Kirby's not one of those 10 or so... XD

Yes, this was just an excuse to post my anecdote.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
kirby's f-throw to u-air to f-throw to u-air is escapeable by Fox, isn't it?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay I went to a tourney on Sunday, made it to brackets (16 got through out of about 34) as equal 2nd seed, and then got beat by 2 MKs in brackets. I know i have the skills to beat both of these players, I just don't know what to do against MK.

I really need some help with this matchup, and the Diddy matchup. These are the only two characters i have problems with, i can handle Snakes, Zamus, G&W, etc, but when i face these two characters i get beat. If anyone has some advice i would really appreciate it, or i'll have to pick up a character with a better matchup ;_;

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
MK: It takes patience, spacing, and knowing exactly what moves beat what. Grab a lot. Dthrow is one of your best friends in this MU, as is pummeling to refresh that undoubtedly stale Bair when he's at kill percents. At low percents, Dthrow>Utilt>Shieldgrab>repeat is easy to land until about 40%. The only thing they can do is get a footstool jump (requres strict-ish timing) or buffer an AD (But if you predict it, you can punish it very hard with Dsmash/Usmash/Fsmash/Hammer).

Generally being under MK is, despite what you might think, rather good, so long as you know his options and react accordingly. Pressure his landings and punish them.

Offstage, you have to be careful, but almost every aerial beats SL so long as you're above him and/or behind him. If his sword can hit you, then he will beat whatever you have out.

If you need help with more specific things in the MU, ask, since I'm not really sure what else to say. (Oh, and ban Halberd or Brinstar vs MK IMO)

Diddy: Not quite as familiar with this one. Nair before you land is a good way to grab bananas. Air camp him a lot. JCIT is pretty helpful... Gimp him every time he tries to recover.

ZomgNinjah!!!1

Smash Apprentice
I concur with Bunny. Powerrankings suck, please random noobs refrain from asking stupid question like who's the best kirby around here.
Im not a random noob Im hungrybox's brother. And hey for all I know there could be a power ranking, i didn't expect people to get so worked up about it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You mean the Melee player that isn't yourself?

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Im not a random noob Im hungrybox's brother. And hey for all I know there could be a power ranking, i didn't expect people to get so worked up about it.
dont let them bother you, you asked a legitimate question. there are a lot of arrogant kirby mains though and they are just tired of hearing everyone rant about how good they are.

anyway i cant really answer your question but if i had to guess the opinions of most tourneygoing players, i would say chudat, YBM, MogX, and Percon are top 4... but i could be forgetting someone.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Being the brother of a famous smasher doesn't make you known yourself. Also I was not just reffering to you. But that is besides the point.

Anyway I was fooling around against random CPU's (yeahyeah random cpu's. don't go there) Anyway I played a wario CPU (yes it's still a CPU, don't judge me). It let me grab release it to usmash. So what's the deal with grab releases on wario? It would be handy to know since a grab is waay easier to land on wario than say a Fsmash.

I'll probably still use it either way, since wario mains usually just accept getting grab released instead of going 'zomg you can grab release me! *smashDI* (or whatever.)

I'm going to play some more CPU's :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Can Kirby grab release Wario? I thought some characters that were taller than him would able to, Peach grab release on Wario is a crazy. >.<

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
speaking of wario could anyone give me some quick tips on the Wario match up, like what stages i should bring him too etc. Also some tips on the Toon Link mu would be nice too.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you ask me...

Take him to platformed stages, and utilt to beat Wario's mediocre air range. Since his air mobility's amazing, he can break past your bair and attack you vertically with one of his dairs... If he dairs you, SDI up so that it gets hard for him to follow up with ground approaches (or if he gets smart, SDI somewhere else)... Tilt to beat his bite... That's all I can say right now. : \

Hey guys, question, when I was using Kirby and I did final cutter on the conveyor belt Kirby rode off the conveyor belt and got into helpless state. How did that happen?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey guys, question, when I was using Kirby and I did final cutter on the conveyor belt Kirby rode off the conveyor belt and got into helpless state. How did that happen?
If Kirby's upB gets interrupted during the ending animation (pushed off a stage after shooting the cutter forward), then he falls into his rare helpless state. Make sure to NOT have down pressed while you fall off or else you'll miss the ledge and die!

ZomgNinjah!!!1

Smash Apprentice
dont let them bother you, you asked a legitimate question. there are a lot of arrogant kirby mains though and they are just tired of hearing everyone rant about how good they are.

anyway i cant really answer your question but if i had to guess the opinions of most tourneygoing players, i would say chudat, YBM, MogX, and Percon are top 4... but i could be forgetting someone.
Thank you sir.
It saddens me to hear about these arrogant players.

Top Bottom