• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby MetaGame discussion

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm not sure.

And I noticed that one time you couldn't hit me with Snake's Dair after I used Copy...I'm guessing you were using the C-stick or something. To use Dairs effectively, what I did was hold down on the control stick and spam the A button.

Kirbys need to know this list for 2 reasons:

1. To know when you could possibly get punished for successfully using a move (-_-)

2. Mindgames! You Starshot someone that you think will punish you with a laggy move, bam. 10% damage to them, and you get to punish. Example: Toon Link. Hit A instead of B or down, and he tries to punish your Copy with Dair, but you didn't use Copy, you used Starshot. And now he's stuck in the ground, asking to be punished :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, that too.

You can Z drop a bomb and recatch it with Dair, but yeah, that's not going to happen.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Actually, good TLs do just that. Well, I've seen Quivo do it anyway...

For Peach, wouldn't all she need to do be hold up to buffer a float then hit down on the C-stick? (Or am I wrong and it doesn't work that way?)

Also, did you test Ike's Eruption? It has a hitbox below him, so that might hit.

Also, I haven't tried this at all, and it's a wacky idea that just came to me now, but are there any characters on whom we can follow swallow with anything? (Like Bair or something.)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
2. Mindgames! You Starshot someone that you think will punish you with a laggy move, bam. 10% damage to them, and you get to punish. Example: Toon Link. Hit A instead of B or down, and he tries to punish your Copy with Dair, but you didn't use Copy, you used Starshot. And now he's stuck in the ground, asking to be punished :p
Or if your facing the edge and are near it.
Free kill.

Eruption didn't work.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
earlier today when i was playing my friend, we were on pokemon stadium and i inhaled him and shot him out under the stage, he hit the stage but instead of breaking out of the star, the star bounced off the stage and went down before he broke out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
O_O

Pokemon Stadium is so evil.

And no, you can't followup anything after Inhale.

With some characters, they can get a major floaty boost after being Copied. Like Jigglypuff and Kirby...I'm not sure what I did, maybe I was just doing Dair, but I could make her go up twice as high after she was Copied.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Peach went to the top of the screen after inhale when I was holding down (I think it was down. Maybe up?).

Maybe you can use that as a kill move? =D
lolz.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Peach went to the top of the screen after inhale when I was holding down (I think it was down. Maybe up?).

Maybe you can use that as a kill move? =D
lolz.
You probably did that weird footstool jump off of Kirby.

Thanks for the info on Eruption/

Pink murder

Smash Ace
And no, you can't followup anything after Inhale.
Cant you follow up with a grab or jab if you're moving forward and let them break free?
They break free right in front of you and you can grab/jab them from there.
Really predictable though >.>. Usually only works the first and/or second time. After that i just spit them out and try one of my aerials :p.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I meant after using Copy, but if you're talking about the "grab release" from Inhale, there may be possibilities. I haven't been able to test it much.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I meant after using Copy, but if you're talking about the "grab release" from Inhale, there may be possibilities. I haven't been able to test it much.
This is only good Vs. DeDeDe. You could release into Fsmash and since the only thing DDD could do that is fast enough to hit is Dtilt, it either clashes or Hits him.

I thought this was already known... > . >U

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
This is only good Vs. DeDeDe. You could release into Fsmash and since the only thing DDD could do that is fast enough to hit is Dtilt, it either clashes or Hits him.

I thought this was already known... > . >U
only D3? what about ness/lucas's weird grab release animation? wario's? and aren't there faster attacks than the fsmash that could possibly work? (dsmash comes to mind.)

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I really think that any new things discovered should be put in the OP. Otherwise, valuable things get lost. I wish I could help my old main's metagame along... but if I want to be tourney viable, I need my Lucario to go up... well, check the Tactical forum for info on momentum cancelling and DI. I'm sure you guys can translate it into something valuable for a light character like Kirby...

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
only D3? what about ness/lucas's weird grab release animation? wario's? and aren't there faster attacks than the fsmash that could possibly work? (dsmash comes to mind.)
Dood, all I did was mention a possible way to KO a DDD. And even so, it depends on the opponent's reflexes. You can how ever do Vulcan Jab out of it, and it will always hit first.

It can be done to other characters, but since Ness and Lucas have quick jabs, they probably hit you if you try to Fsmash, and they can react before you can (I think).

You don't have to take it literally, their all just possibilities. If you want to give them usefulness, go nuts, by all means.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Didn't say Kirby wasn't viable. But Lucario's my best, so I have to focus on him now.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good for you. You don't need to come in a metagame discussion to tell us this. GL with Lucario though.

Nice idea Dfat1! The more we can surprise our opponent with, the better.
Do you get control of Kirby back faster than they et control of their player though?

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Do you get control of Kirby back faster than they et control of their player though?
If you talking about the grab release from inhale, then no. Most of the time they can roll away before you grab them. A vulcan jab can also usually be shielded. But the beauty of it is that it's so unexpected, that they usually stand still or try to smash you the first and/or second time you try it, leaving you enough time to grab or jab them ^^.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Yah i didnt do well cuz i didnt enter singles and in teams my parnter accidently killed himself alot. Ended up in alot of 2vs1 matches. I would always come very close i won one where it was My Team (2 stocks,0stocks) Them (2 stocks, 2 stocks) and I pulled it back.

Allied

Smash Master
Yah i didnt do well cuz i didnt enter singles and in teams my parnter accidently killed himself alot. Ended up in alot of 2vs1 matches. I would always come very close i won one where it was My Team (2 stocks,0stocks) Them (2 stocks, 2 stocks) and I pulled it back.
that sucks im sorry to hear, who was your partner's character?

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
hm...im trying to improve my kirby game and this discussion seems to develop great strategies...
so help? im accused of spamming f-smashes, although im trying to get aerials down better...
my friends went to a tournament this saturday, and saw chudat play as kirby
anyone care to describe his style...examine what works and what doesn't?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I think it would be easier for you to look for a video of him or other good Kirbies playing, make a video of yourself playing a few matches and submit them to the "rate my Kirby" thread, or just look through the aforementioned thread and look at what people critique on and try to apply it to your own gameplay.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's more about Chu being a really smart player, if anything.

About spamming FSmash, don't do it. It should mainly be used as a kill move or a "GTFO Move". Hope this helped. =^_^=

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
thanks a lot, we just got a capture card, ill be sure to send some stuff, hopefully improve a lot too

Top Bottom