• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kings of Cali: NORCAL v SOCAL 8v8 predictions

strawhats

Smash Master
Samox needs to be there!!
samox will be going to RoM, which is the next weekend after KoC, so I doubt it. God bless his pocket, for how much he's putting into the production of this Documentary.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just to be clear, emkatt, we don't have a bet yet and I'm not going to this tournament. You wanted to bet on socal? That's kind of been my jam too so far... I don't think I'd back norcal even at 5:4. You'd be best served by going to the tourney and seeing if any norcal players feel brave. Unless you wanna offer me really good odds.

if we did have a bet, IDK if princess kitty qualifies as a trustworthy third party. I'm sure you're a great guy, princess, but someone with 11 posts might theoretically have no qualms about running away with the cash.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
whoa whoa whoa Daniel why you gotta do that

This doesn't change our bet, Twinkles! I'm still betting the -2.5 spread.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Your bet was made with the 2.5 spread so you need not worry about it. Similar to how in sports that you can't change your initial bet to reflect new odds

:phone:

princess kitty

Smash Rookie
if we did have a bet, IDK if princess kitty qualifies as a trustworthy third party. I'm sure you're a great guy, princess, but someone with 11 posts might theoretically have no qualms about running away with the cash.
two things:
1) i'm a girl
2) i completely understand in why u would feel kinda uneasy about me bein a third party/newbie holding money for people

but i could tell you right now, i have most, if not all, of the norcal smashers backing me in the idea that i would not run away with the cash
i plan on stayin at the tournament for the entire 10+ hours, just spectating,
i applaud and appreciate your wariness...but just saying

Zodiac

Smash Master
Not impossible for norcal but....come on....this is Favor Socal right now.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm rooting for Alan <3

I like West but Alan is my homie. So **** up that pretty boy. His perfect hair is no match for your sass!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So I'll probably get this done with or without help, but help would definitely be appreciated...

I'm working on intro graphics for everyone in the crew battle, can people provide me with what city each player is from and (if possible) a photo of that player?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
^What he said, we want the crew battle to be realllllyyyy cool on stream.

D

Deleted member

I have a pretty good record in Smash sidebetting. S2J can tell you something about that :denzel:
lets bet some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ *******

i'll put down 40

and that was literally the only sidebet I've lost, but never been so wrong about what would happen

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We bet on the winner of the infamous MacD vs GG7 moneymatch, he bet on MacD and I bet on GG7. Here was the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oce9U6I-bTo

Johnny, due to my cheap *** nature I'm only willing to do $20 and we have to bet on the original spread... so SoCal has to win by 3 stocks or more for you to win the bet. Let me know if you're down

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not to be a buzzkill or anything and I love ken more than anyone, but if, as has been discussed in the KoC thread, Ken participates as one of the 8 real members of the SoCal crew, I don't consider that to be part of the agreement I made when I bet on SoCal, and any wagers I've made (i.e. the $50 bet with tarheeljks) are off IF Ken participates. I'm cool with darrell joining Norcal but Ken hasn't played in 5 years so... gonna be safe even if my heart says that he'll take 50 stocks.

That said OXY's job is to make this hype and ken adds unimaginable hype so yeah guys do as you see fit.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i'm fine with that, but as an fyi to all those out there who may want to prop bet at some point, this is not standard. you must indicate terms that void a bet in advance

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Mango is on this team...okay...so they win right?

nah seriously Zhu, PPU, Bobby and bobby!? WHAT! THEY GOT 2 BOBS!!!! NO WAY THEY CAN LOSE!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness I don't care who wins I just want to see some hype.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Socal scrapes norcal and then sends ken in at the end as a joke because they still have a player left. I rageface hard.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
@Juggleguy

You can give me $10 through Paypal or through anyone in SoCal if you happen to see one of them in a future tournament, your choice.

kd-

Smash Lord
Wes and Fly are going to take at least 4 stocks each.

NorCal will slowly whittle the lead down.

SFAT will play strongly until Mango sends himself in for the kill. Then Mango will soften.

It will come down to 4 stocks each, PewpewU anchoring NorCal while Connor anchors SoCal. Unlike Genesis EC vs. WC crews, Marth proves triumphant over Fox with a two-stock.
My predictions, while pretty generic, came out pretty well if I say so myself

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Don't get uppity with me boi

jk =P
i'll pm you about it or something, i have trouble remembering it myself though and i'm really lazy so dunno when i'll check it again. i will shoot you a message when i got it though

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm disappointed the crew battle wasn't closer. NorCal looked nervous from the start, even someone watching the stream could see that. Dunno if it was the temporarily hostile SoCal environment or the tone that Westballz set with the first match or what.

Top Bottom