• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kings of Cali: NORCAL v SOCAL 8v8 predictions

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Hmmm, I don't think I agree with Norcal looking nervous the whole time through. They definitely had their moments. The crew battle was actually really even (12 stocks to 11 stocks)....until mango went in LOL

Norcal obviously doesn't have an answer for Mango, which kind of imbalanced things. I think it would have been cooler if Mango was anchor and we tried to win without using our most OP player, but w/e socal all day haha

Lovage

Smash Hero
we put mango early so ken could go last

SOCAL DO IT FOR THE PEOPLE

Not to be a buzzkill or anything and I love ken more than anyone, but if, as has been discussed in the KoC thread, Ken participates as one of the 8 real members of the SoCal crew, I don't consider that to be part of the agreement I made when I bet on SoCal, and any wagers I've made (i.e. the $50 bet with tarheeljks) are off IF Ken participates. .
huge ******

Battlecow

Play to Win
I didn't get that $40, no. I'm a ****ing idiot for not guessing that socal might put ken in as a joke if they were miles ahead.

I did win $40 off of the socal guys who thought westballz would outplace PP tho. So still IN THE GREEN.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sung and AntoPark

I was offering 2:1 odds though (sung went for 1:1 instead, I guess to prove how much confidence he had in wes)

Do not underestimate the socal mindset

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I gotta get in on these bets, makes melee feel more legitimized than commentary :p how do you do it though, over paypal + honour system?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah

if it were more than $100 I'd probably have to have someone escrow. For less than that, their reputation is probably worth more if they go to tourneys/have thousands of smashboards posts.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Makes me think about making a paypal style bet site where both parties put money in and winner gets the payout but stupid government would get in the way.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean how does the site know who won though, lol. Someone has to tell it. Which means that it comes down to having a trustworthy third party

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well it would meed to have it so both parties agree on the winner and a site representative steps in if they both claim the prize. It would have to be strictly for sports related things or something with results.

:phone:

Top Bottom