• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kings of Cali: NORCAL v SOCAL 8v8 predictions

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Battlecow - I believe you're an investor looking into +ev bets ^_^. Given the situation, I felt the 2.5 line was more than reasonable and makes a 50/50 decision, given the lineups and no FD advantage.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow - I believe you're an investor looking into +ev bets ^_^. Given the situation, I felt the 2.5 line was more than reasonable and makes a 50/50 decision, given the lineups and no FD advantage.
Why would I bet on socal by 3 when there are people betting on norcal straight up

the market has spoken d00ds

personally I think norcal has a better shot than you seem to think taffy

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
doesn't really change what he said lol. anyway booked

edit: he's just evaluating the likelihood of winning, you're trying to make $. not mad at you though

Twinkles

Smash Lord
@Juggleguy

yes, but i have no money in it
i do have a checking account attached to it tho

past_b

Smash Apprentice
I wish all of AZ's top players were going to Apex. I'd like to see them get into this crew battle as well...

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^lol even if they did all go to apex, i don't think they'd be able to attend this crew battle

also this is pretty hype, i havent seen a crew battle live since g2

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Serious gambler right here. Created a new smashboards account just for this.^

And I'd love to bet for socal, but they gotta show signs of not being hella rusty.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll bet you 20:25 on Socal
much as I trust absolutely everyone in this community I'm really only gonna bet with people who at least have smashboards accounts with enough posts that I can effectively shame them for being terrible people if they don't pay up

unless you have like a reliable third party who could hold + disburse the money for us

but that gets tricky

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Someone with good video editing skills should make a hype video for crews.

princess kitty

Smash Rookie
much as I trust absolutely everyone in this community I'm really only gonna bet with people who at least have smashboards accounts with enough posts that I can effectively shame them for being terrible people if they don't pay up

unless you have like a reliable third party who could hold + disburse the money for us

but that gets tricky
<----- third party who isnt playing and is only there to watch.
just saying

princess kitty

Smash Rookie
I mean have you hold the money, just give it to you there?
oh that
i would honestly have to work it out with whoever kinda started the betting to begin with, which i believe is crimsonblur
if he's okay with that, and people in general are okay with me doing that
then yea, i can do that
basically take down names, who ur betting on/for, against who, and money amount

but i just wanna doublecheck with whoevers in charge before volunteering myself...again

C.SDK

Smash Ace
There will be multiple bouncers at the venue.
We can always let ^these^ guys know what's going on. I'm sure if whoever is holding the money tries to pull a Zelgadis, they might be kind enough to kind of act as bouncers for said betting if extra security is your concern, Emkatt.

or maybe you just didn't know how this would work out and now I look silly, haha.

princess kitty

Smash Rookie
We can always let ^these^ guys know what's going on. I'm sure if whoever is holding the money tries to pull a Zelgadis, they might be kind enough to kind of act as bouncers for said betting if extra security is your concern, Emkatt.

or maybe you just didn't know how this would work out and now I look silly, haha.
lol luvsic, i think he didnt kno how it was supposed to work out and im not surprised
i talked to crimson and no ones really in charge, basically ppl are betting amongst themselves
now the issue is, some ppl are uncomfortable with the idea of bettin with no sense of security
so i guess i volunteered myself and im down to hold the money/disburse if OTHERS are cool wit the thought too

it'll give me something to do for those 10+ hours besides my homework

Bones0

Smash Legend
No one really had an issue with betting until it started involving people with ridiculously low post counts (i.e. 1 lol). No offense to you, obviously, but you can imagine why someone wouldn't want to place a bet with someone who isn't at least somewhat established as part of the SmashBoards community (even if you are active in your local scene).

Emkatt

Smash Rookie
No one really had an issue with betting until it started involving people with ridiculously low post counts (i.e. 1 lol). No offense to you, obviously, but you can imagine why someone wouldn't want to place a bet with someone who isn't at least somewhat established as part of the SmashBoards community (even if you are active in your local scene).
I mean it isn't a big deal, I could just identify myself at the tournament before the crew battle and give the cash to a neutral party if you guys really feel that strongly that I can't be trusted to pay out the small $25 bet I've made. Most of Socal has met me before if they've been to the Santa Barbara tournaments I just didn't have a name then.

Top Bottom