• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kids sure do have strict parents these days.

Laijin

Smash Hero
These days, parents sure are strict. They usually ground their kids for stupid **** and don't let their kids go out and stuff.
I mean, parents are SO strict these days they even ground their kids who are 20 yrs old and stuff. Like really. What grown man will allow their parents to actually GROUND them. When your 20yrs old, you are ****ing grown *** man and you can pretty much do whatever you **** you want, yet your gonna let your parents ground you? Get the **** out of their house. You have that choice. Grow the **** up.
its stuff like that that I think makes parents super strict.

This is an open ended discussion.
Discuss.

Zoro

Smash Champion
i have strict parents

i listen to them because they are cool and respect me
because i respect them and their rules they help me out while i am still a scrub at life

i dont want to live by myself and pay bills yet
plus its nice that they actually like me, and want me around

there are pros and cons but its not like its a bad thing to be 20 and be with your strict parents
even though im 19

now if i was actions bs age i woulda been gone for awhile now :laugh:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
to me. its whoever's house u are in. its their rules and u must respect that. dont want to follow the rules? simply gtfo.

besides physical punishment > mental punishment :3

Player-3

Smash Hero
i was attempting to stay on topic for once in my smashboards career

ill go back to trolling its more fun

Pi

Smash Hero
You can do whatever the **** you want whenever the **** you want as long as you're prepared for the consequences

If you're ever shocked about what comes of your actions, you're a noob

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
You can do whatever the **** you want whenever the **** you want as long as you're prepared for the consequences

If you're ever shocked about what comes of your actions, you're a noob
this here's the bottom line

vZakat

Half Genie
If you still live in their house and you still eat their food and use their power and water and don't pay for anything, than they have every right to ground you. If you're living on your own than that's a different story.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
LOL my parents aren't strict at all.

Most parents:

-Did you get a good grade? Got a C. You're grounded for a month.
-What? You shot an emo kid with your airsoft gun? Grounded.
-What did you call me? *** whooped, Grounded.
-What's this? I found it in your room. Playboy? Grounded.

My Mom(Dad left):

-Did you get a good grade? Got a C. hah, sucks for you.
-You shot an emo kid with your airsoft gun? Nice. Did he scream?
-What did you call me? Well, right back at ya.
-What's this playboy doing in your room? How'd you order it? XP Tell me!

My mom's awesome. Although my friend's parents are total ***holes about stuff like that. One of them got grounded for sneezing. FOR SNEEZING.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
parents are strict by the way they were raised IMO.

my mother was raised in apulia, italy. more specifically san vito dei normanni.
And I was born in Napoli. But the culture and everything there is so much nicer than here.

she was raised so old fashioned like, and the things that happen here never happen there. or rarely happen, barely any **** cases, no murders as much as here all that stuff.

my mother is strict/overprotective but i understand why.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol

parents are always funny

i live with my parents when i'm not at school cause i'm broke as fiz-uk

mom's cool and my dad's a real hardass but i just do my own thing regardless (though i do yardwork and **** cause my dad rarely does it and the house looks like **** right now)..... i don't see how any kid would let his parents ground him and NOT move the hell out (retro gamer i'm lookin at you SON lol j/k j/k)

thing is... not all parents should be so highly respected.... 'cept for the fact that they made your ******* lol

w/e anything negative that has come from my relationship with my parents just makes me wanna be that much more of an awesome father to Gmoney Jr. (who will own EVERY kid's *** at *Whateverheendsupliking*)

imma beast

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
My parents are cool, so I respect them. I do my best to listen to them, so they respect me. It makes for a good relationship.

And even if your parents don't say "you're grounded" they can still find ways to ground you. My friend wanted to go out the other night, but she hadn't cleaned her room. So her mother said she wouldn't watch her baby, which is the equivalent of grounding. Do not underestimate your parents.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Lol.

I'm 16. My (single) mom has not only allowed me to, but supported me in a lot of **** that most parents would go ballistic over. I proved myself to her by earning her trust over the years. When I first started traveling for competitive Smash (almost exactly a year ago--my first tournament was in CT and I'm from NJ), she was a bit skeptical on letting me go, but she knew that I wouldn't do anything stupid, and knew/trusted my driver. Since then, she really doesn't object to anything I choose to do, traveling-wise. I could just say "Hey Mom, I'm going to Virginia for the weekend. See you Monday." and she'd be cool with it.

Outside of Smash stuff, she also helps me out with a lot of ****. Last year, I was in a long-distance relationship with a girl from Texas who was four years older than me. She let me stay with her for a week, so long as I paid her back. With my current girlfriend (whose parents are far worse than any of yours, lmao), she helps me sneak around and get to spend time with her. Pretty cool, huh?

Yes, I know I'm lucky. I feel bad for you guys whose parents are strict beyond belief without reason.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well my parents are just strict because of my brothers mistakes in life. :l

SO I get alot of ****.

They dont trust me at all if I go out to a tourney which is just an hour away they would be scared of me coming home at 3 AM and get in a crash or something they hardly trust me.My parents wont let me leave the house most of the time its haahaha i basically go to school come home eat sleep and get on the boards,Weekends I just sleep and go to tourney is my parents let me.

My mom is chill but my dad is a ***.

I love them and respect them tho so its all good I guess I just wish they would give me more freedom.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Lol.

I'm 16. My (single) mom has not only allowed me to, but supported me in a lot of **** that most parents would go ballistic over. I proved myself to her by earning her trust over the years. When I first started traveling for competitive Smash (almost exactly a year ago--my first tournament was in CT and I'm from NJ), she was a bit skeptical on letting me go, but she knew that I wouldn't do anything stupid, and knew/trusted my driver. Since then, she really doesn't object to anything I choose to do, traveling-wise. I could just say "Hey Mom, I'm going to Virginia for the weekend. See you Monday." and she'd be cool with it.

Outside of Smash stuff, she also helps me out with a lot of ****. Last year, I was in a long-distance relationship with a girl from Texas who was four years older than me. She let me stay with her for a week, so long as I paid her back. With my current girlfriend (whose parents are far worse than any of yours, lmao), she helps me sneak around and get to spend time with her. Pretty cool, huh?

Yes, I know I'm lucky. I feel bad for you guys whose parents are strict beyond belief without reason.
My mom. I love her, but she starts trippin sometimes. Can't beat Parent logic at 16, sadly :/
My asian parents keep telling me to work out and find a nice European woman
My dad says the same thing, except about a black girl
Recently I told him I liked white girls, and there was nothing he could do about it. He responded with

"I don't even care, as long as it's a girl"
LOL

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol i laughed at jav's story... but yea

if you have a kid you should already be putting them before your own endeavors (for the most part)

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
I do whatever I want.
But, I pay rent and insurance for my car.

So, I have lots of freedom, and a very quiet life.
I work by myself in a big water park, and come home at 3:00 a.m.
I wake up at 1:00pm, to an empty house,
I run some errands, buy stuff,
And go back to work.

DUB

Smash Lord
Parents blow. I'm bout to roll out and blow my paycheck on lottery tickets, win that *****, and be like wut nukkaa

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
i call my mom *** ga and tell her to shut up. ask anyone

lmao

but yea she lets me do whatever i want.

yall suck

Pi

Smash Hero
My mom generally lets me do whatever I want
Can have friends over whenever, but they gotta get out by 11
Lets me go wherever as long as she doesn't have to drive and I tell her where I'm going
But! Can't be alone w/ a girl in her apartment lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
rofl @ this thread

people, he's a black man talking about his parents

like he's ever met his parents

Top Bottom