• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahhh... AiB... The drama and Wifi I don't miss.

Seriously, Wifi messed me up so hard... I'm still trying to break all those nasty Wifi habits I gained in like 2 weeks.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
uh, mind sharing?
Kirby can use a u-tilt and chase with a d-tilt, d-tilt while walking to slide under attacks and counter attack, things like that. He can also extend the range a ton by doop walking. Its fun to watch and play against. The only down side is to do it you either need to be insanely technical (buffering moves that require a steady hand already) or a-sticking, which has it's fair share of problems.
Also, being a Diddy main is unforgivable. :|
Though I've gotten over my fear of bananas, I think! :D
I guess I go unforgiven. :ohwell:

Also, naners are only as good as the player using them, so I would hope so. ;)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If that were true, then M2K could main bananas.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wifi is not that bad.
Wifi is that bad.

Roll->Dsmash is a viable combo for some characters. XD

I just lost to a Pit. A Pit.
The lag was baaad, I usually destroy Pits, but I got 2-stocked third game on Brinstar. :/
Then again I did suicide by Stoning through the middle, but I wouldn't have suicided if it wasn't so laggy.

But no, roll->Dsmash had nothing to do with that Pit, it was actually a Diddy doing that to me...actually it might've been the same player XD

And try playing against Snake on wifi with Kirby. I'm sure you have, but it's more unpleasant than usual.

My record on this ladder is SO BAD lol. I was like 3-2 or something with Kirby, and then got like 8 straight losses by going Fox only. hahaha

And today I ***** a Marth with Ike. It felt soooo good.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
With that kind of attitude I'd be surprised if you won.

Maybe the guy was better? I dunno.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It depends. Some people can play well on Wifi and still play well offline. I'm not one of them. Wifi messes me up badly.

Also, I know, this avatar is scary, yet awesome. Someone drew what Kirby would look like if he inhaled Snoop Dog.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
WTF why did I agree to take a flight at 6 am? Ugh... I suppose I must remember I'm going to California. :D

~automatic, you're still going right? Make sure you introduce yourself I'll probably be wearing a ladybug shirt. Haha. >.>

Triple R

Smash Lord
Kirby can use a u-tilt and chase with a d-tilt, d-tilt while walking to slide under attacks and counter attack, things like that. He can also extend the range a ton by doop walking. Its fun to watch and play against. The only down side is to do it you either need to be insanely technical (buffering moves that require a steady hand already) or a-sticking, which has it's fair share of problems.

What is doop walking? What is a-sticking? I feel like you're not telling us what they are lol

Wifi is that bad.
I just lost to a Pit. A Pit.
The lag was baaad, I usually destroy Pits.
You make it sound like Pits are insto-wins for kirby, which I would disagree with. They can out camp Kirby and are almost impossible to edgeguard on stages that they can go under. Their smashes are fast, and his jab is lol annoying.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Better question: Why are you online at 5 AM if your flight is at 6? I hope you made your flight, because you're leaving really late...

EDIT: Heh, and I thought Doop Walking was useless for Kirby.... Triple R, I'll try to find you a link to the thread explaining it.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I am annoyed. Greatly.

Snake mk/player I was talking about yesterday. He keeps on winning. Everyone's liek "great snake and mk" after they lose to him. I beat him easy. Kirby vs Snake and Kirby vs MK aren't JUST Kirby vs #1 and Kirby vs #2. They're soft counters, and Kirby's only real hard counter matchup is IC's. So I beat him in 2 of Kirby's hardest matchups. A bunch of the people he's played are people who I played and it came down to last stock, last hit every game. Is there something, you know, wrong with that picture? It's probably that I main Kirby. *sigh*

/rant

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yes. It's easier to win against everyone as the top characters of the game, and harder as the NOT top characters of the game. Your friend might have won against all of those, but it's only because his characters have the tools to give him wins easier. You, on the other hand, outskilled him and his usage of those tools, but when faced against other players, you get outplayed by THEIR tools/skills.

In conclusion, you outskilled him. I feel the same way whenever my Snake-maining friend beats me and everyone's like "Oh, Kewk, you lost against him! He's better!"... When they don't even realize half the time it's that Snake/MK have better tools than Kirby, and it's not entirely because he's more skilled than me... >_>

Not saying I'm more skilled than him, but that wins/losses aren't attributed just to skill, but to your characters' traits as well... And I don't always lose, literally it's been 60% of his wins lately, but at other times it's the other way around.

EDIT: What I said also explains why the most notable top players are people who main MK and Snake... M2K, Ally, Dojo, Tyrant, etc etc... They ARE good, but probably comparing their raw skill to other top players, they could either be even, slightly worse or slightly better. Yet they get more recognition and win more matches thanks to the tools they've decided on using.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah kewkky is right. Different characters have different tools for everything. You just have to learn how to use your tools in a matchup.

Also Pit is not a bad character. Pit is severely underrated because nobody uses him that well.

I hope I play Ally in a tourney match @ Pound 4.
Oi, yo tambien voy a Pound4. Hay que jugar unos juegos por alla. =D
Yo si le gano a Ally. lol

WTF why did I agree to take a flight at 6 am? Ugh... I suppose I must remember I'm going to California. :D
~automatic, you're still going right? Make sure you introduce yourself I'll probably be wearing a ladybug shirt. Haha. >.>
Awesome. I'll be wearing a hat.
Should I take my rave goggles and use raverchu?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... My friend's been trying to convince me to go to Pound 4 with him too, so who knows, maybe I'll be there.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oi, yo tambien voy a Pound4. Hay que jugar unos juegos por alla. =D
Yo si le gano a Ally. lol
Hohoho! Alguien hablando en español! Dale, jugaremos OBLIGAO en Pound4! Quiero representar a Kirby...

... Y demostrar que es A tier y que esta bien duro. :grrr::grrr::grrr:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hurp
kind of relevant
Since the others didn't quote you, I will. Great Fire Kirby flash image.

Also I will no longer have a mind set of looking at match up's, becuase I am crazy enough to charge at an Ice Climbers main without warning or running away, I just charge to them, D-Air them to a Grab at the beginning of the match. Everyone around me at my tourney yesterday called me crazy because that's not what you are suppose to do, but since I didn't care, I tried it anyways. I got second place in that tourney, only losing to my friends Marth and Ness, he's really good with those two characters. >.<

And of course, as usual I'm going to miss a public tourney that's suppose to be big due to me lacking a job. )=<

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also I will no longer have a mind set of looking at match up's, becuase I am crazy enough to charge at an Ice Climbers main without warning or running away, I just charge to them, D-Air them to a Grab at the beginning of the match. Everyone around me at my tourney yesterday called me crazy because that's not what you are suppose to do, but since I didn't care, I tried it anyways. I got second place in that tourney, only losing to my friends Marth and Ness, he's really good with those two characters. >.<
YES! Other people actually using Kirby as a rusher! THAT'S the way Kirby's supposed to be played! All that careful spacing bairs and blahness only makes Kirby look like an okay character, when in reality he's a ****ing good one. :mad::mad::mad:

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
YES! Other people actually using Kirby as a rusher! THAT'S the way Kirby's supposed to be played! All that careful spacing bairs and blahness only makes Kirby look like an okay character, when in reality he's a ****ing good one. :mad::mad::mad:
✿Amen, bro. :lick:

✿My Kirby has no fear for any top tier character, he attacks head on and survives at percentages that a Kirby shouldn't have at all. (Around 130-180%, on a good day) In short, my Kirby is a SSBB version of Leeroy Jenkins ;3✿.

✿Combos are for dumb people (no offense to most people) and the only reason why I even use them is because I always get yelled at for spamming fsmash, dash attack, or bair :lick:.✿

✿Kirby has always been my best character in all the Smash games, even in Melee when he had his...dark moments :urg:...✿

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
By the way....... I'm finally finding uses for nairs. But it's like, every once in a blue moon. I've used it successfully against my snake-maining friend when a face-bair (lol, hitting opponents with Kirby's face when you dair) and/or fair won't cut it, and I'm about to land.

... But that, and cancelling landing lag when I use hammer, are the only situations I'll be using nair for.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Since the others didn't quote you, I will. Great Fire Kirby flash image.
Figured not many would click it because of what I set the link text to.

I want to make more Kirbyhat flash, but I dunno which hats to do.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
Figured not many would click it because of what I set the link text to.

I want to make more Kirbyhat flash, but I dunno which hats to do.
✿I saw it, I just figured you weren't here to see my comment :lick:.✿

✿I like the picture, it's prettyful<3...And I suggest maybe using Plasma next? It's the only other hat that is animated that I can think about right now :lick:.✿

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
✿I saw it, I just figured you weren't here to see my comment :lick:.✿

✿I like the picture, it's prettyful<3...And I suggest maybe using Plasma next? It's the only other hat that is animated that I can think about right now :lick:.✿
I'd have to look up that one, Idunno what it is x-x
But I was thinking of modifying the fire one to do ice, and have Kirby breathing out ice like in the anime.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
I'd have to look up that one, Idunno what it is x-x
But I was thinking of modifying the fire one to do ice, and have Kirby breathing out ice like in the anime.
✿Green Electric Kirby :lick:

✿I figured Ice Kirby would be the next choice, but it's not animated, technically...Another one would be Spike Kirby, Yellow Kirby with Spikes, you can try that as well!✿

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That's pretty big to be a wallpaper. O_o

I guess it's a wall paper of a super computer, or a banner to print out, but either way, I'm downloading it. =3

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
hope you're talking about the flash, because the image i posted is official art that I got from the kirby wiki <_<

if you are, then danke :>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

And of course, as usual I'm going to miss a public tourney that's suppose to be big due to me lacking a job. )=<
Heh, that's how Shugo played Sonic against Lain last time I saw the two play, and everyone was like "WTF?". Funny how close those matches were considering how he was pretty much in Lain's face all the time.

Oh, and FanFan, I hadn't even noticed that was a link XD
Great Job. I think we need some Suplex and/or Ninja Kirby too!

§leepy God

Smash Master
Who's this Marth and Ness main you speak of? ;3

Still, I really want to beat your Kirby with Jigglypuff, but I don't understand why I can't beat you with Jigglypuff... she has a cute sun hat so she should have an auto win. DX

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Did the Ice climbers know how to chaingrab? Because no offense but it didn't look like a very high level tournament :)

What do you mean by that? And how would you want to see kirby playted then?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What do you mean by that? And how would you want to see kirby playted then?
No fear of approaching, of course! Kirby can do some really crazy things when he's rushing and forcing strings by buffering... He even combos into his own grabs at low %s, meaning that the opponents should be going from 0-50/60% in no time at all... I go even against the best Snake in PR with Kirby, and play even better than with ZSS against him! Kirby can literally do some SERIOUS damage if used the right way... Even Marth becomes closer to even if you know when to dodge/shield/approach, rather than "space bairs and hope he doesn't tipper".

When I get some more recorded matches and/or go to Pound4, I'll show you what I mean. :bee:

Top Bottom