• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Lovely

Smash Lord
No luck involved.
♣ Really? I guess I should try to get better with them. I haven't used Kirby in a while so I'll use him next time I'm in a tourney match. Everyone runs away when Ice Climber is picked, and I hate it when people run away. :/ ♥

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I wanted to swoop in here and make a random comment, but you people are all so serious! :dizzy:

Oh well, I'll do it anyways. I am now officially in the Oregon PR, meeting one of my goals for the year! :D

Not everything is set in stone for placements, but I am getting a spot no matter what because of my placing in the round robin tourney this past weekend.

@fromundaman: Mario vs. Snake is one of the most fun and rewarding MUs in the game, right after Diddy vs. ROB. You have good tastes, sir. :)

@bunny: As to your comments about winning with other characters... Yeah, pretty much. :ohwell:
Great job!

I think DK vs Mario is more fun TBH, but yeah, it is. MK vs Mario is surprisingly fun too.

...I'm turning into a Mario main...

EDIT: Also, Ladybug, please, for the sake of your tourny, don't put those stages on. Especially not Corneria. That stage is somehow even worse than Green Greens!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Corneria, whether you like it or not, is the most BS stage ever made. Infinites out the Wazoo, Full heal/bucket for the EB kids and GnW, low ceiling/sides, easy circle camping...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Corneria is the only stage that's a nightmare for Kirby, and Heaven for Snake, Donkey Kong, Lucas, Ness, Ike, King Dedede... **** even for Jigglypuff over Kirby. )=

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess it's true that Texas is the home for all the epic Sonic mains. =P

As for what you say, it's true, still hate how early Kirby dies on that stage. ._.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Everyone dies early there. I've kill Snakes at 80-90% there with FSmash.

And I play Kirby again. Kinda. I took Pit's power, Arrow looped into FSmash and inspired myself. >_>

Suspect

Smash Hero

As for what you say, it's true, still hate how early Kirby dies on that stage. ._.
LOL i dont use sonic, nor ever will. Just wanted sonic next to my name haha

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Viper, are there any other Kirby-only tournies on AiB? Some guy was saying I should compete in one, after I beat him in dittos. I'm gonna beat everyone >:O
Sorry I missed your quote, I'm not sure really since school is back and most of my Crew ranking tourney's will be coming soon and all. I'll try to make time to create another one.

LOL i dont use sonic, nor ever will. Just wanted sonic next to my name haha
But Sonic is fun to use. )=

Now that I think of it, I do use a lot of characters in Smash Bros, I think I should main Random since I use a lot of characters in friendlies and tourney's. =P

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Now that I think of it, I do use a lot of characters in Smash Bros, I think I should main Random since I use a lot of characters in friendlies and tourney's. =P
Join the club. I use Kirby/ZSS, Ike, Bowser, Peach, Olimar, Marth, Snake, Jigglypuff, Samus (dropped cuz I started using her again in Melee and don't want to mix up the playstyles), MK, ICs (to an extent), and Lucas... But only main Kirby/ZSS.

Plus, barely anyone uses the random icon, so it makes me feel special. :bee:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

*AHEM*

Shugo and ITT are both from MW :p

Also, I use a ton of chars too. Let's see... MK, Kirby and Mario have all been mains, Yoshi, Bowser, Ganon, Jiggs, Sheik, Snake, Sonic, Diddy, Falco and ZSS have all at some point been secondaries, and I play PT, Fox, D3, Link, Pika, ROB, D3, Samus and random pretty often as well (Though I have yet to use them in serious matches, except ROB, that I used once in a MM but I still won't consider a second.).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I just main ICs and Dedede, but I do use a lot of characters and seem to pick them up randomly. Mario, Peach, ZSS, Snake, MK, Falco, Marth, Pikachu, Sheik, Wolf...There's probably been more.

Mario is like...the most fun character in this game though.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I main Kirby. I've failed to secondary Pit once, Marth once (I think it might have some promise, though...), Toon Link several times, and I'm trying to pick up ZSS now. I've also tried to pick up MK (it can't hurt to have him in my rotation, obviously), but he doesn't fit my style. Um...I think that's pretty much the list of character's I've used/attempted to use since my n00b days ended. I'm not still a n00b? could've fooled me.

Oh! And I used bowser in one friendly and bowsercided all 3 stocks. It was fun.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous that something like that happened to the Smash community. =/

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hmm, interesting, I guess this applies to all Smash Bros playing right now, and it's always the newest game that get's more attention than the previous.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol @ Kirby boards having 6 new threads that aren't stickied in a month. The Pit Stop of character boards for sure.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I think I have to put Nya on my list of epic people... mainly becuase of Tsumugi is on her avatar of course. ;3

Now, all I need to know is how to beat Kirby with Jigglypuff... D:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Marth ***** Snake =)

(Forward this message on to 5 or more potentially butthurt Snake/or other mains or you'll never reach eternal happiness)

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I had 4 tests in 3 days, got ****ed up in one, so-so on other the other 3 :/ I started the car-school-theorycal-law-learning-course-thingy this week, from 7:20pm to 11pm, and have classes 'till 3:30pm tuesdays and thurdays, and the spare time I had to study, I was busy being lazy. **** you lazyness :x Gotta start studying.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i really like kirby:) anyway what characters does kirby do bad against?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
i really like kirby:) anyway what characters does kirby do bad against?
His most notable bad matchups are MK, Snake, IC's, Marth and G&W.

Bolded ones are the ones not everyone agrees on (like me! Marth isn't THAT hard, and G&W either).

Suspect

Smash Hero
mk isnt bad, its barely his favor.

only bad matchup for me as a kirby is IC, i dont know how to play diddy also but thats not bad, just me.

snake and marth i dont do bad against at all.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
He loses to anyone with a sword. Except Ike.

I don't think GW is too bad now. Marth though? Yeah, he's that bad. You can't get in at all because of that range.

Hard counters (70:30):

ICs
Marth

Somewhat bad (60-40):

R.O.B.
Game and Watch
Metaknight
Snake

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
ICs and Snake should give you the most trouble. Everyone else is even or has a slight advantage or disadvantage against Kirby, even Marth. GnW ans MK are the only 60/40 disadvantages Kirby has imo. Kirby goes even w/ Rob and has a small disadvantage against Marth imo.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I'd agree with the G&W one... But Marth can be pretty difficult. You have to make sure you get right in on him in order to do anything because he's got a longer range than Kirby does.

Top Bottom