• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Namesearch.

RRR got too good for wifi and went on that offline stuff ;____;
And I STILL can't travel yet.

Well, I can, at times.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Namesearch.

RRR got too good for wifi and went on that offline stuff ;____;
And I STILL can't travel yet.

Well, I can, at times.
I'm too good for wifi too! :bee: but traveling is something I do rarely since I often work weekends and tourneys are always at least 2 hours away...
Or should I say, I'm too bad for wifi.
..... still pissed I went from 8-1 to 10-9 on the ladder LOL. I'm going to step it up.

Every time I say "I'm going to step it up/do better/play smarter" for wifi, I end up losing anyway and I will only get more frustrated if I put everything into it. Le sigh...

Still can't believe money is on the line for this trash >:E

I do travel and I barely started to get serious lolz so expect results eventually.
NAH UR BAD BRO
jk

You guys know this kid has a triforce tattoo on his leg?

edit:
I got lazy and copied Frown
you guys need to get premium and join the Disco Room

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Lolz, Asdioh saw my tattoo and asked if it was permanent lmao!

Yesh, I have a triforce on my leg and when I get around to finish drawing out the rest of my leg sleeve I'm going to get the rest of the video game stuff I want in it on my leg.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
*ignores music, tattoo, and offline talk*

Hey guys, I got home about an hour ago and I'm bone-dead tired. However, I almost never get to sleep before like 3 the night before school starts (tonight), so after I shower, I'm going to catch up on stuff and do the summaries. I'm confident I can finish the Fox summary tonight, and get most of the way on the Ike one. If I don't drop dead...

Normally I'm good on car rides, but I was listening to this mind-numbingly dull audio book about the army's involvement in tons of **** that my mom wanted to hear for 6 hours, and my headphones have difficulty blocking out the sound without destroying my ears.

Edit: t0mmy may be visiting Ithaca (where I live), and has just PM'd me asking if I know anyone who could host him for a week. Why am I 13 D: .

Edit 2: I know this always happens when I say I'll do something, but I'm pretty sure I'm sick. That means the Fox summary isn't going up tonight, I'm just gonna try to get some rest. Dammit world, you make my life pretty awesome most of the time, but lots of unrelated events snowball together and cause stuff like this to happen >.> .

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I went from 8-1 to 12-12 on aib. I am now attempting to pick up Olimar so I can spam grabs and beat dumb Snakes that I usually lose to :D

really though, I'm considering moving to Smash Central just so I can play people offline.
Smash Central is my favorite city <333

if anyone here plays WoW... I've been in the Cataclysm beta for a while now :D just finished the Worgen starting area.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is going to sound really lame and cheesy/pathetic, but does anyone know good ways to get over heartbreak? Whatever I'm doing isn't working...

This is going to sound really lame and cheesy/pathetic, but does anyone know good ways to get over heartbreak? Whatever I'm doing isn't working...
Just accept that it's over and move on. It's really hard to accept it, but once you have, it's easier to put behind you so you can move forward.

I could help out more if I knew what happened between you. :ohwell:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ CDog- It's fairly healthy I think; she has a good time, I have a good time, I get over the previous chick knowing that it didn't hurt my swag. Everyone wins.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think Peppy would say "use the boost to get through" but I don't know how well that would work in this situation

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Dude, go **** some chick you don't care about, it's what I do when I'm feeling blue about a girl
I've been considering it...

heartbreak of Ex-GF thats still loving and mooching off of you?
Not anymore. We're moving out, her to her mom's and me to a cheaper and smaller place, in a week and a half.

That being said, the still loving part is true, which makes it that much harder...

I think Peppy would say "use the boost to get through" but I don't know how well that would work in this situation
Hahaha! That made my day.

And yeah, I know it's over, it's just the moving on part that's hard, especially since despite our problems and such, we still love each other, just she also fell for some other guy, so yeah...

BBQTV

Smash Master
love is bull****.

1.look at the calender

2.did 2 years pass?

3.if so, ggs re?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And if not?

As I said, we're moving apart in a week. Been back and forth for months though, and for a majority of it, she was with the other guy but still living at my place.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
uh...I meant to say Living and Mooching...Amazing Typo imo.

And yeah, I know it's over, it's just the moving on part that's hard, especially since despite our problems and such, we still love each other, just she also fell for some other guy, so yeah...
uhh I think you may have different loves mixed up with that statement

you can love her still but like love her as a close friend...not as a girlfriend...she clearly has no intentions of getting back with you (for now atleast) and I really think it's in your best interest to not try to get back with her anyway...the only thing that is holding you back (the same reason many people get held back) is you don't want that drastic change of going from being all couple-like to being single and having to enter the dating world again.

its what stopped me

and truthfully its still kind of stopping me

bottom line the sooner you let it go the better...you will find youself thinking about her alot over the next few days though becaues there is no one to fill that void yet. you are just going to have to push through that.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ehhh, love isn't a feeling, it's a concept. And I don't believe in love, it's just physical attraction by two sexes who wish to procreate, who also find each other interesting. Once one of the two gets boring or brings up a part of them that the other doesn't like, "love" dies.

It's all a flowchart, really. Just like life: You're born => learn to walk and talk => go to school => get a girlfriend => graduate and get a carreer/job <-> marry (interchangeable) => have a family => retire => die.

Man, life is so bleak once you think about it as hard as I have. It's too bad it's impossible to break the cycle, with over 2 trillion previously-existing humans on our planet it'd make sense that everything that has to do with love and life has been done already by someone else. Doesn't it feel bad that you're probably not gonna be anyone special, and instead die like the trillions that came before you, having no one to remember you and having done nothing worth living for? :\
which is why I'm aiming to be a world-famous scientist/engineer/inventor who creates/finds something amazing that will have my name recorded in history!

./down_to_earth_/_realism

All I can say, fromundaman, is that you'll be better in a month or two, three's tops. Think about it this way... Relationships work if both are sure they want to be with each other until the day they die, but if one of them shows a hint of not wanting to be together, then no matter how much you hope, that hinting will just reappear over and over again throughout your life. That's not a relationship in my opinion, that's just forcing yourself to live with someone. Me, if my relationship doesn't work for X or Y reason, then I don't get back to it because I know that the possibility of it happening again will come up later in life, and I'd rather find another woman whose credibility is still intact than come back together with someone who has proven that they're not entirely in love with you.

I mean... if they decide they don't want to be with you, or that they need a break, it's because it's not going to work. Forcing it to work after it failed/has shown signs of failing is like trying to fly in a hot air balloon that had a hole poked in it: it's just not gonna work, and chances are you're gonna end up hating each other.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Kewkky- That's cynicism not realism you idiot. So the number of married couples out there that have been together for 5-10+ years and still are going strong? You're naive and cynical but it's alright, I'm not criticizing you for it; just pointing out the obvious.

@ Fromundaman- Look, follow my advice and chalk the last one up as a loss. These other idiots here who haven't fallen in love before, and I don't mean the stupid high school bull****, don't realize what actual love is and therefore can't know what you're going through. We're all still relatively young and while I realize finding solace in another is appealing to a certain extent you can't force a great relationship if it's not the time for it. If you reaaaallllly are into your ex, let her go; like the old saying, ya know? If she comes back it is meant to be.

@ Kewkky again because his post irritated me to hell and back- You're wrong. You're emotional. You're bleak. You're cynical. You're depressed. You're wrong still. I <3 ya, but don't make Fromundaman feel worse so you can recite your 'I'm insignificant, what the point' bull**** because while you're right, you're wrong. You just haven't found a reason to live yet. Take that for what it's worth.

Edit: And love is a feeling, a concept, a word, an action, and whatever the **** else you want it to be, it just depends on your views (optimistic, naive, cynical, etc.)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
uh...I meant to say Living and Mooching...Amazing Typo imo.

uhh I think you may have different loves mixed up with that statement

you can love her still but like love her as a close friend...not as a girlfriend...she clearly has no intentions of getting back with you (for now atleast) and I really think it's in your best interest to not try to get back with her anyway...the only thing that is holding you back (the same reason many people get held back) is you don't want that drastic change of going from being all couple-like to being single and having to enter the dating world again.

its what stopped me

and truthfully its still kind of stopping me

bottom line the sooner you let it go the better...you will find youself thinking about her alot over the next few days though becaues there is no one to fill that void yet. you are just going to have to push through that.
Oh oops. And yeah, you're probably right.
Pretty crazy how well you read me XD
(See what I respond to Kewkky's post, but I pretty much agree with what you said, just am not sure how to cope with it.)

Am I understanding this correctly? If I were you, I would've told her to get the **** out of my house.

Oh, and the word **** is italicized for extra emphasis.
It was kind of a complicated situation. TBH I kind of did say that, until I learned that she had literally nowhere to go, hence why it's taken this long for us to move apart.

I'm not the type of person who's going to kick someone out on the street, regardless of what they've done.

Ehhh, love isn't a feeling, it's a concept. And I don't believe in love, it's just physical attraction by two sexes who wish to procreate, who also find each other interesting. Once one of the two gets boring or brings up a part of them that the other doesn't like, "love" dies.

It's all a flowchart, really. Just like life: You're born => learn to walk and talk => go to school => get a girlfriend => graduate and get a carreer/job <-> marry (interchangeable) => have a family => retire => die.

Man, life is so bleak once you think about it as hard as I have. It's too bad it's impossible to break the cycle, with over 2 trillion previously-existing humans on our planet it'd make sense that everything that has to do with love and life has been done already by someone else. Doesn't it feel bad that you're probably not gonna be anyone special, and instead die like the trillions that came before you, having no one to remember you and having done nothing worth living for? :\
which is why I'm aiming to be a world-famous scientist/engineer/inventor who creates/finds something amazing that will have my name recorded in history!

./down_to_earth_/_realism

All I can say, fromundaman, is that you'll be better in a month or two, three's tops. Think about it this way... Relationships work if both are sure they want to be with each other until the day they die, but if one of them shows a hint of not wanting to be together, then no matter how much you hope, that hinting will just reappear over and over again throughout your life. That's not a relationship in my opinion, that's just forcing yourself to live with someone. Me, if my relationship doesn't work for X or Y reason, then I don't get back to it because I know that the possibility of it happening again will come up later in life, and I'd rather find another woman whose credibility is still intact than come back together with someone who has proven that they're not entirely in love with you.

I mean... if they decide they don't want to be with you, or that they need a break, it's because it's not going to work. Forcing it to work after it failed/has shown signs of failing is like trying to fly in a hot air balloon that had a hole poked in it: it's just not gonna work, and chances are you're gonna end up hating each other.
It's neither feeling nor concept. Science has actually proven it to be a drug (acts like one anyway).

Otherwise, I agree with your post, which is exactly why I'm asking for advice. Everyone else has been here before, or will be here at some point.
That being said we're both young. If the opportunity arises after enough time has passed (1-2 years), who knows, I might give it another chance. However, you're right, the way we are as people right now, it won't work out no matter how much I may or may not want it to.

That being said, I kinda somewhat disagree with your outlook on life. I mean yeah, we all hit a lot of the same milestones, but our journeys to get there all differ, and TBH, I don't see any of those milestones as goals, just markers. IMO life has only one meaningful goal (not counting our survival instinct): the pursuit of happiness. Honestly, all of our actions can be traced back to/justified by either survival instinct or a desire to obtain happiness, and make the best of the limited time we have.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I'm with Kewk on this one. If it didn't work for some reason the first time, chances are it will fail again for the same reasons. JoWii has a good point too.

Pro tip: alcohol helps getting your mind off bad stuff. I'm not talking about mind numbing quantities though, just enough to get dat warm feeling goin' on

EDIT: got mad ninja'd

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah I do. Keep forgetting to ask for that.

And yeah, def. going.

BTW, Jowii, never got back to you so I'll do it here and now, but I'm coming down to Cinci with Links24, so I know he'll be there so that'll be my teammate. Sorry... Let's hit up them doubles friendlies though!

God that tourny's gonna be hard...

EDIT:
@Shao: heh, very well aware for that spoiler, but I'm very careful with it, since despite my tolerance, I discovered the other day Tequila and I don't get along and I'm really hoping I didn't lose my security deposit...

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Um,....Shao that only works if you're already in a good mood w/ people around; otherwise alcohol is a depressant.

Edit: That's fine, I kinda decided I'd rather spend 10 bucks on getting high than losing it in doubles against the titans of smash; gotta have priorities.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm with Kewk on this one. If it didn't work for some reason the first time, chances are it will fail again for the same reasons. JoWii has a good point too.

Pro tip: alcohol helps getting your mind off bad stuff. I'm not talking about mind numbing quantities though, just enough to get dat warm feeling goin' on

EDIT: got mad ninja'd
lol that is what leads to alcoholism...true facts.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I shouldn't have posted as "Pro tip" :x

But yeah, you have to be careful about drinking. And it really could go either way, making you feel better or worse. So scratch that. You're
LOL REALLY REALLY
better off following JoWii's advice.

Tequila and I don't go along either btw

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
.........After long deliberation with both sides of my personality we've come to the conclusion that you're still acceptable, but you've lost a noticeable margin of cool points.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This ended up being a wall of text, so just read the replies I made to you if you're in the post, or read it all if you feel like it. I have no idea how it ended up so long...

@ Kewkky- That's cynicism not realism you idiot. So the number of married couples out there that have been together for 5-10+ years and still are going strong? You're naive and cynical but it's alright, I'm not criticizing you for it; just pointing out the obvious.
Nah, I'm not naive or cynical (well, maybe a bit cynical, but not naive... I'm all BUT ignorant! :(). I just spent so much time meditating that the only way I can think of what the concept of "life" is just that: every man, or woman, for themselves. Yep, people live however makes them happy, but the point of the matter is that the rough trajectory of one's life can be traced with pen and paper. We all do different things in our lives, but in the end we lived a normal life, with normal standards and average rewards.

Instead of simply classifying myself as having a cynical and naive nature, I would say... a mix of partial perfectionism, partial cynicism, eccentricity, and the possession of a realism-derived/realistic/down-to-earth mentality.

@ Kewkky again because his post irritated me to hell and back- You're wrong. You're emotional. You're bleak. You're cynical. You're depressed. You're wrong still. I <3 ya, but don't make Fromundaman feel worse so you can recite your 'I'm insignificant, what the point' bull**** because while you're right, you're wrong. You just haven't found a reason to live yet. Take that for what it's worth.
I didn't mean to irritate people, man! I was just giving him some advice from my own point of view! It has helped me overcome anger/sadness/pain (of course, the downside is that I never truly feel "happy" with what I have and I keep striving for more), so i figured that it may help him somewhat! D:

And well, my reason to live has always been push myself to the limit for the sake of improving others' lives. Sacrificing myself and bringing a smile to people's faces, even though it has left me quite poor and with missing items, is what makes me feel good about myself and pushes me onward. That, and my dream of being a world-renowned scientist/engineer/inventor (in order of most wanted) who did something amazing and has his name written in lots of history books, like Newton and Einstein and Planck... Yeeees, they're all physicists, but living a life of understanding the universe is what makes me feel awesome.

Edit: And love is a feeling, a concept, a word, an action, and whatever the **** else you want it to be, it just depends on your views (optimistic, naive, cynical, etc.)
My way of thinking is quite saddening to lots of people, but at least I found an explanation for it. Some people just say "love is magical, love is amazing, love is incredible..." and that's good enough for them, but it still leaves whoever's listening with the question: "what the hell is love?".

... It was just advice from my own way of thinking... :(

It's neither feeling nor concept. Science has actually proven it to be a drug (acts like one anyway).
Chemistry, philosophies and religions all have different definitions... But in the end, its how much someone trusts the other to help them live life, how comfortable they feel with you, and how interesting you are to them, that make people start going out and relationships going strong. If someone leaves you for another it's because that other person bring a better feeling of security/is still a mystery personality-wise/has a different kind of appeal, or you did something wrong and hurt the relationship... And of course, what more important part of an early relationship, than the physique of their partners? Later in life people learn that beauty ages but smarts don't, but when we're as young as we are, they just go for the hottest guys/girls and try to manage their flaws (see: hormones).

That's how I view it anyway.

Otherwise, I agree with your post, which is exactly why I'm asking for advice. Everyone else has been here before, or will be here at some point.
That being said we're both young. If the opportunity arises after enough time has passed (1-2 years), who knows, I might give it another chance. However, you're right, the way we are as people right now, it won't work out no matter how much I may or may not want it to.
Well of course you should give another person a chance! Living as a single person is so horrible... If I end up alone for whatever reason and it's too late for me to start dating, I could either adopt a boy and a girl (which is what I want the most, moreso than a wife), or go to eHarmony!
I'll make sure this never ever happens though
. :|

That being said, I kinda somewhat disagree with your outlook on life. I mean yeah, we all hit a lot of the same milestones, but our journeys to get there all differ, and TBH, I don't see any of those milestones as goals, just markers. IMO life has only one meaningful goal (not counting our survival instinct): the pursuit of happiness. Honestly, all of our actions can be traced back to/justified by either survival instinct or a desire to obtain happiness, and make the best of the limited time we have.
I live life looking at it from a third-person point of view. It's not that I think my life is worthless, but I live by gauging my accomplishments with those around the world. If someone could do something amazing and I know I can do as well or better, then that's what I'm going for. If I see everyone suffering for the same reason and no one does anything to change that fact, then I'll make sure I don't suffer that and try something different. I've never really known what to call my way of thinking, and I know it clashes with many many MANY people's ideals, which is why I rarely talk about myself with other people and just choose to listen to them. I agree with what they generally say because I can sympathize and empathize, and I truly understand what they say, but I tend to hold my true opinions which often are wrong/extreme/silly in the eyes of our society... To me, it's my way of thinking and has helped me through a lot, and I'm still holding strong. Thinking the way I am now, it has given me the mental strength to actually look forward to the horrors of Boot Camp and succeed like many before me have done, and has given me many ways to deal with stress as well.

Then again, I haven't met a SINGLE person ANYWHERE who shares my same ideals. This is both cool and sad, since I truly believe in what I think, but I can't share any personal opinions with people without feeling that it'll be held against me sometime in the future.

Top Bottom