• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So far, based on impressions I've read on Kirby's Epic Yarn, this game has potential of being the best Kirby game yet. If it can out score Kirby Adventure, then it is the best Kirby game.

Now that's been said, I love that Kirby texture.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
guys read the first quote in this post and my response to it: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10934878&postcount=173
Randomly saw this Kirby looking for a teammate and offered to team.

so I DID end up teaming with Radium at this tournament. I knew it was a Kirby from the boards that I've seen post before, but I didn't really remember what this person was like, as Radium hasn't posted in the Kirby boards in a while from what I've seen.

Anyway, it turns out that Radium is a girl, and not only that, Hylian's girlfriend! It blew my mind. And not only THAT, but she's really cool and has a good Kirby! We did pretty well in teams for first-time partners XD

for a stupidly long enactment of my tourney experience, refer to this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10970727&postcount=11378

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283921 results

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nice, asdioh! Ah, the awesomeness of how it would be to have a girlfriend that's into competitive smash as much as me would be, well, awesome. Totally better than a crew (although, a smashing gf AND a crew would top it).

I've downloaded 6 seasons of Whose Line Is It Anyways?, and am watching some of them from time to time. i have a bunch of friends who have never heard of the show... And college starts soon! I'm gonna show it to them and enjoy seeing them laugh! :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
OH YEAH I lost to Hilt in mid tiers, he used Pokemon Trainer.
Ivysaur was a free KO, Charizard was pretty easy but I had to avoid rock smash and stupid crap, but FREAKING SQUIRTLE.

SQUIRTLE IS LIKE A BETTER KIRBY. IT'S SO STUPID.

Any character that can KO reliably with a grab (read: not Kirby, Upthrow sucks in comparison) pisses me off ;_;

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Squirtle wish to be a better Kirby. Having to take more than a minute to raise damage high, and predictable KO options really does make him wish to be a better Kirby. =P

Radium88

Smash Lord
guys read the first quote in this post and my response to it: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10934878&postcount=173
Randomly saw this Kirby looking for a teammate and offered to team.

so I DID end up teaming with Radium at this tournament. I knew it was a Kirby from the boards that I've seen post before, but I didn't really remember what this person was like, as Radium hasn't posted in the Kirby boards in a while from what I've seen.

Anyway, it turns out that Radium is a girl, and not only that, Hylian's girlfriend! It blew my mind. And not only THAT, but she's really cool and has a good Kirby! We did pretty well in teams for first-time partners XD

for a stupidly long enactment of my tourney experience, refer to this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10970727&postcount=11378

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283921 results
Lol!~ It was hilarious meeting you for the first time; you thought my friend TP was me :laugh:

Then when you found out I was a girl you basically looked soooo confused o_O

I'm glad we didn't get last for playing together for the first time. Hope you didn't feel like you had to carry me too much. It was fun playing with you and I had a lot of fun playing dubs and friendlies. :bee:

Viper changed colors now? Oh man.
You know, I just noticed that Viper writes with a star in the front, and a crown in the back. >_> I thought it was double crowns.

And Asdioh, nice job with that double Kirby! Did you do the DThrow to DThrow trick?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
gee Kirby doesn't suffer from that at all
Yep. =P

Just that most people are addicted to F-Smash. =3

Viper changed colors now? Oh man.
I blame Star Sapphire. <3

You know, I just noticed that Viper writes with a star in the front, and a crown in the back. >_> I thought it was double crowns.
I was thinking of having two ♛, lol. I left some of my gaming tags as ★ with my name, so I decided to keep the star symbol.

squirtle is one of the best characters in the game. seriously
Why do I play Charizard and Ivysaur much better than Squirtle? *inb4isux* XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
gee Kirby doesn't suffer from that at all
lol exactly what I thought too.

Viper, just because Kirby has a lot of kill options doesn't mean they're predictable. If you think people are too addicted to Fsmash, I think you're stuck in 2008. It's actually the opposite: most good Kirbies I've seen use it so rarely that when they ue it, it catches people off guard and hits OR they use it when they read ADs/spotdodges.

But yeah, please tell me what are Kirby's unpredictable kill moves, because all I can think of is pummeling enough to refresh your Bair, then using that, or punishing ADs/spotdodges, but that doesn't make the moves any less easy to see coming.

EDIT:

Lol Asdioh, saw your post about being afraid a TL/ZSS/Kirby/Pit would win mid tiers. Psh, letting C tier in was the only way to even challenge Kain!

Also Jowii, were you at that tourny too? Saw a Jowii who used Kirby in the results.

I'll give my thoughts on te tourny I went to when I'm no so lazy, but I definitely feel it was the best I've played (for singles anyway. Wow I am out of team practice.).

Also, DC, you are an awesome guy. Just sayin'.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Double Kirby team sounds really awesome :) . The key to landing an fsmash is to use it to move across the stage towards your opponent. They will be so stunned that you made such a stupid manuever that they won't react fast enough and you'll get the kill ^_^ .
I put an fsmash in your face so that you could die while you flew into the blastzone.

My dad is driving my sister and I around NE US, it's fun :) . We went to this natural waterslide thing, where I fell twice and appeared to be bleeding internally from the spot on your (right) wrist where they take your pulse, but everything is fine. It was awesome, I'll keep you guys posted, I can type pretty quickly because I brought my computer with me this time :) .

(Looking at this post, I see a lot of :) )

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And Asdioh, nice job with that double Kirby! Did you do the DThrow to DThrow trick?
Huh? No, I'm clueless when it comes to doubles. I normally don't even enter. If my area had 4+ good smashers to practice teams with, maybe then I would put some effort into it, I guess?
squirtle is one of the best characters in the game. seriously
I wouldn't have agreed before this weekend but I'm thinking you might be right.

Viper, just because Kirby has a lot of kill options doesn't mean they're predictable. If you think people are too addicted to Fsmash, I think you're stuck in 2008. It's actually the opposite: most good Kirbies I've seen use it so rarely that when they ue it, it catches people off guard and hits OR they use it when they read ADs/spotdodges.

But yeah, please tell me what are Kirby's unpredictable kill moves, because all I can think of is pummeling enough to refresh your Bair, then using that, or punishing ADs/spotdodges, but that doesn't make the moves any less easy to see coming.

EDIT:

Lol Asdioh, saw your post about being afraid a TL/ZSS/Kirby/Pit would win mid tiers. Psh, letting C tier in was the only way to even challenge Kain!

Also Jowii, were you at that tourny too? Saw a Jowii who used Kirby in the results.

I'll give my thoughts on te tourny I went to when I'm no so lazy, but I definitely feel it was the best I've played (for singles anyway. Wow I am out of team practice.).

Also, DC, you are an awesome guy. Just sayin'.
Yes Jowii was there, forgot to mention that. He's pretty cool. Me, him, Radium and some others played a bunch of Kirby stuffs. I taught Radium about the upthrow suicide on the PS1 windmill, she didn't know about it! Clearly she needs to learn more Kirby shenanigans :p
Yeah, I really wish now that I had gone Kirby against Wolf. My ignorance made me think that it would be better to use Fox. After this weekend, I'd rather use Fox vs Falco (even matchup IMO, and more fun than Kirby vs Falco) than Fox vs Wolf (no idea how it works except that if you have to use Up B, you die)

And yes, Kirby has trouble killing imo. I used Fsmash sparingly, and it worked every so often, but it's unpleasantly dangerous to use most of the time. Bair kills, but the REAL problem I see with Kirby is that, as the saying goes, "when the **** hits the fan" Kirby is forced to use Bair if he wants to remain safe, and it becomes stale.

This weekend I managed to put into words what I've known for a long time: when Kirby is forced to play as if his life depended on it, he has two moves: Bair, and Stale Bair.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
most people just haven't played against a good PT. squirtle is incredible. but once you get to about 60%, start camping until he hits fatigue. and then he's not dangerous at all (you're at too high% for fatigue assisted strings to get quick damage and gain momentum, but you're faaar too low to be at kill %s so he will need a LOT of hits to kill). that alone makes PT terrible.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yo Viper! My wifi is working! PP7: 3481 4663 6308

I'll look through the thread and add your code.
Sweet, I'm adding you now. =D

*ahem*, I did make a joke post just because I of the post, "Squirtle is like a better Kirby", a post I haven't seen in a while. =P

I mostly get my kills with U-Smash, D-Smash, D-Air, and Down-B. As sad as that may sound, I don't get enough kills with B-Air or use it too often, and I get more kills with D-Smash than F-Smash.... I'm addicted to D-Smash, and a habit of spamming Up-B as a projectile, which sometimes kill me. )=

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This weekend I managed to put into words what I've known for a long time: when Kirby is forced to play as if his life depended on it, he has four-six moves: Bair, Ftilt, grab and Stale Bair. Dtilt and Utilt can also work.

Fixed for truth. Also, Dair OoS. It's amazing.

I mostly get my kills with U-Smash, D-Smash, D-Air, and Down-B. As sad as that may sound, I don't get enough kills with B-Air or use it too often, and I get more kills with D-Smash than F-Smash.... I'm addicted to D-Smash, and a habit of spamming Up-B as a projectile, which sometimes kill me. )=
Dsmash is a pretty amazing kill move. I love it. Not safe, but I find if spaced right, it punishes spotdodges/ADs a lot better than Fsmash (horizontal knockback FTW!), not to mention people think it's Fsmash while you charge it.

Ugh... UpB. An accidental UpB lost me my set yesterday... still mad about that. Accidentally inputted reverse UpB instead of retreating hammer and landed on a BF platform, under DK, facing the wrong way. He just came over and Usmashed me for the kill at like 60%.
That being said, a good DK is scary to play against.

Also, MVD is too good. I have learned you absolutely cannot get impatient vs Snake, even on stages like RC.

Finally learned the Marth MU by playing the like 8 billion marths at that tourny. It's not good, but definitely not as bad as I first thought. Small disadvantage sounds about right.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I used Uthrow Kirbycide in a tourney match, and then suddenely everyone on the eastcoast was banning ps1 against me.

I never get to play there anymore :c

Also Dsmash is soo good O:

EDIT: HOLY CRAP
9. BlueBalls (Asdioh+Radium_)
YOU GUYS! THAT'S TOTALLY THE TEAM NAME I USE!!! O:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I was there but it was a very, very, very bad day for me in Smash. I didn't sleep well the night before and woke up cold, annoyed and tired.

O_o Asdioh is the first person from the Kirby boards I've met.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I used Uthrow Kirbycide in a tourney match, and then suddenely everyone on the eastcoast was banning ps1 against me.

I never get to play there anymore :c

Also Dsmash is soo good O:
Haha, I had that happen to me this weekend too. Then I did the Uthrow trick on RC ad suddenly people started banning that instead XD

Also, yes it is.

Ugh, sorry to hear it Jowii. I know how that goes though. Last year at the Midwest Champs I was so tired I went outside to sleep in the grass outside the venue after pools.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I can say with confidence that fsmash is my most used kill move. I don't see how it could be any other way for any Kirby. I kill with the other smashes, but fsmash seems to be the best for killing since it moves kirby while the other two are stationary.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
EDIT: HOLY CRAP

YOU GUYS! THAT'S TOTALLY THE TEAM NAME I USE!!! O:
everyone uses that name! it fits best with Kirby+Lucario though.
I was there but it was a very, very, very bad day for me in Smash. I didn't sleep well the night before and woke up cold, annoyed and tired.

O_o Asdioh is the first person from the Kirby boards I've met.
:O
bad days suck

Shout out to that ROB player who got his laser stolen by both Kirby players in that teams match and then got BEEEEEEEEPed about 50 times in a row.

More shout outs later.
So yeah this is pretty much the best shoutout

Radium and I were the team he mentioned teehee :3
we double beeped the ROB, and then next game it was just us vs a Pikachu and we double Pika-CHEW! spammed him to death.

also: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10978581&postcount=11390
this is why I use Fox vs MK instead of Kirby.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Happy birthday JoWii! :)

Today, we went to this water/amusement park that's a ski resort in the winter. We wandered around for 10 minutes and almost got locked inside a building before we found out it was closed due to weather...we had free tickets to it because of a hotel deal thing D: .

Then we went to see Inception. It wasn't a bad movie (GI Joe was definitely worse xD), but the dreaming plot wasn't very clear, and the fact that there were 4 (or potentially 5) dreams, all within each other, made it less easy to follow. Good experience though :) .

Woot! Vacation.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
GUYS I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO RUN DOUBLE KIRBY FOREVER!!!!

but every other kirby in MD/VA (Besides Chu) is bad..in fact I think I am the only other viable kirby

Double kirby tricks
1.Everygrab is regrabable (even Upthrow)...2 kibys=better IC's
2. Grab release combo
a.one kirby grabs and pummels untill the person in the grab breaks out
b. the other kirby dtilts them when the person in the grab releases
c. after enough damage just ground hammer...good game,

I HAD MORE but after writing number 2 I forgot what I was saying...lol

also SQUIRTLE IS CLEARLY WEIGHED DOWN BY IVYSAUR (And charizard to an extent even tho charizard is viable)

squirtle by himself with no stamina would be like 5th or 6th on the tier list IMO (maybe alittle lower because of his stupid grab release gayness

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
GUYS I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO RUN DOUBLE KIRBY FOREVER!!!!

but every other kirby in MD/VA (Besides Chu) is bad..in fact I think I am the only other viable kirby

Double kirby tricks
1.Everygrab is regrabable (even Upthrow)...2 kibys=better IC's
2. Grab release combo
a.one kirby grabs and pummels untill the person in the grab breaks out
b. the other kirby dtilts them when the person in the grab releases
c. after enough damage just ground hammer...good game,
We'll I'm not a great Kirby yet but I live with Hylian so I'm getting good fast. The thing about it is though, I know double Kirby team VERY well. I know where to be when inhale or grabs occur to continue racking damage once the opponent gets release. Kirby shenanigans and team shenanigans is my specialty.

I live in MO but I'm sure I'll eventually make my way to MD/VA. We should team +_+ one day.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
WE could totally do that but I think i might have promised rauleen dub kirby teams first...lol

if going to P5 though (or MLG Dallas) we can totally run it for friendlies

and as far as teams go I'm all about grab releasing...me and my static partner (speed aka sonicmaster5) thats pretty much how we work...he gets a grab and then I kill with a good smash or ground hammer..lol

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Lol everyone always goes for the dubz Kirbeh team w/ Rauleen; it's cool.

O_o I'm still in the decision making process for P5 but I'll definitely be at MLGD.C. and MLGDallas.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby + MK

Double gimping power.

Killing power.

Double damage-racking power.

Ungimpable combination.

Get at me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh God Kirby MK is such a good team.
MK Dthrow>Kirby Dair>repeat.
Kirby Dthrow>Tornado.
There's so much stuff, + no one recovers against that team.

Also, this works with any teammate, but guys, when your teammate grabs an opponent, jabs rack up damage REALLY fast, since they can't move away. It's like 40-60% off of any grab. Same with any character with an infinite jab, thouh I know ours racks up damage fast.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
We'll I'm not a great Kirby yet but I live with Hylian so I'm getting good fast.
ahhh freaking lucky!
I live near one player, and he plays Sonic so I have all the Sonic experience I could ever want, but no real characters other than that, and he's going back to college soon

freaking hell, I might pick up wifi as a secondary again

Why do people keep suggesting 2v1 combos for 2v2? ._.

Top Bottom