• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Peach is the only character I know of that legitimately beats Olimar, and I still don't even understand how. I complained about Olimar and people were like "just use MK"

....but notice how M2k lost to Brood? Yeahhhh it's definitely not that easy lol.

Also, can you guys even imagine a Kirby in grand finals, competing against people like Brood/DEHF/M2K? No matter how good Kirby is, or the person using him, I just don't see it happening. He's a good character but he just doesn't seem good ENOUGH >_<
(//.-)
Just summarize something RedHalberd said in the Oli GD, M2K is an amazing player, and accepted as the best on our hemisphere, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe the Japanese were better to the point that they could defeat our top matchups despite a bad MU?
I mean, you saw the 1st M2K vs Brood match, how M2K 3 stocked Brood. Then game 2 and on, Brood seemed to know M2K's playstyle and started reading him more and more, making the matches closer. That's not the MU that changed, it's just that maybe Brood was simply a better player, and adapted faster.

Basically what I'm getting at is that you shouldn't use the outcome of the set to determine the MU.

I haven't had any problems using U-air against Meta Knight's D-air... as long as I have the time to get a U-air started. The real nut-kicker is when Meta Knight is all over you and your 10-frame attacks just can't cut it.

lol I said nut-kicker
Thisx10

So here's a nice event that I figured the Kirby Boards would love to know about...

I was at Apex 2010 and I was asked to do a Money Match and I declined...Because I don't do Money matches. But, I said that I'd gladly do some serious friendly matches with you a little later after I finished my pool matches. My challenger said okay fine, I'll come get you then.

About an hour later, my challenger came up to me again after I finished my pools and said, are you ready to play? I said yes, let me turn in my pools sheet first. I turned in the pool sheet and went towards the TV. So as I was sitting down, he says, "so, I heard you're the best Kirby in the Nation"... I laugh, and then I give him the same response. Then he laughs. We were undecided in who should get Red Kirby since we both play Red Kirby. So I put in the color glitch to allow me and him to play as the Same Color Kirby.

He beat me the 1st one and I said, "you can have the red one since you won first".. We played like 13 or so matches. I won lots of games and so did he. I learned from his playstyle, he learned from mine. I also told him, that everyone that I play against and wins against, he cannot lose to them. He agreed, and told me that I've defeated someone he has yet to beat though. So i gave him advice on the Match up, what to do and what not to do. So hopefully he does better next time he encounters the Olimar match up.

If you all haven't figured out who my opponent is by now, it's Chudat. He's a really good player I have a lot of respect for him. I can honestly say that him and I are about even. We have different play styles and thought patterns. He's a very intelligent player.

We also ended up doing a teams money match with 2 wolf players, and we easily won that.
But yea, he's a real chill dude and has an amazing Kirby. Just thought I'd share that story with all the Kirby players out here. God Kais!
^^^

I think he just ***** all your stories.
That sounds awesome.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just summarize something RedHalberd said in the Oli GD, M2K is an amazing player, and accepted as the best on our hemisphere, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe the Japanese were better to the point that they could defeat our top matchups despite a bad MU?
I mean, you saw the 1st M2K vs Brood match, how M2K 3 stocked Brood. Then game 2 and on, Brood seemed to know M2K's playstyle and started reading him more and more, making the matches closer. That's not the MU that changed, it's just that maybe Brood was simply a better player, and adapted faster.

Basically what I'm getting at is that you shouldn't use the outcome of the set to determine the MU.
I was just saying it's not an easy win. There's no reason for me to pick up MK specifically for Olimar, as MK still has to work hard to win that one.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So hide your kids, hide your wife

hide your kids, hide your wife

and hide your husband, cuz they rapin' errbody out there.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You guys wanna bother Olimar? Pick Pit. And I don't just say that because of Masashi and Brood, but because I can't think of another character off the top of my head that would bother Olimar as much as Pit does.

Also, I'm now giving warnings for one-liners (I'm looking at you, stingers, you spammer. ;)). If it ensues, I'll eventually be giving infractions for minor spam, then spam, and if worse comes to worst, a major spam infraction (instant ban). /nazi_mode

Remember what happened to the Disco Room before? Don't make me go all nazi here, guys. :(

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Kewkky, dammit, go post in the ZSS matchup export. You MAIN BOTH CHARACTERS. I ask only because I have only a small amount of knowledge in the matchup and the ZSS mains say it's large disadvantage. Of the people I've gone against who main ZSS I can't see that being correct.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, dammit, go post in the ZSS matchup export. You MAIN BOTH CHARACTERS. I ask only because I have only a small amount of knowledge in the matchup and the ZSS mains say it's large disadvantage. Of the people I've gone against who main ZSS I can't see that being correct.
I would, but in all honesty, I dont have experience either. I main them both, but I've never fought AGAINST either of them, so I don't know what works and what doesn't. Pretty sad huh?

Only thing I can talk about is theory, and like we want some more TheoryFighter 64 in here.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Kewkky, what use are you to me?!??

Alright Kewkky, I'ma need you to find Y.b.M. and force him, as his MAIN's mod, to go post in the ZSS export.

;_; You don't have to but I need someone with experience in this MU to express some Kirby love in that thread.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, what use are you to me?!??

Alright Kewkky, I'ma need you to find Y.b.M. and force him, as his MAIN's mod, to go post in the ZSS export.

;_; You don't have to but I need someone with experience in this MU to express some Kirby love in that thread.
You know YbM never talks in MU discussion! D:

Well, I'll go spread some Kirby butter over that there ol' toast I guess.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Well next time I see Y.b.M. I'ma have to poke and prod him into helping us with this one MU.

Thank you Kewkky for the assist.

EDIT: We're only waiting on more Wario discussion so I can get a summary there so I decided three exports would be fine because two are **** MUs and once is substantial. Have fun and help out! Tidbits are welcome.

BBQTV

Smash Master
the disco room is **** because of ME! hehehehehehe

it's the truth kewkky i am the reason that the disco room is the way it is

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
the disco room is **** because of ME! hehehehehehe

it's the truth kewkky i am the reason that the disco room is the way it is
no you're not

Hylian posted this picture in the disco room picture thread:

and said it was Jowii and Legan.

Our Jowii??

stingers

Smash Obsessed
infractions for one liners?
that makes no sense
if there's content, there's content
and content is totally arbitrary...
the only way to be sure is to just not infract at all.
unless they're spamming for spamming purposes (it's all about intent).
so you have to chill out a bit, kewwky. this is a social after all =D

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
no you're not

Hylian posted this picture in the disco room picture thread:

and said it was Jowii and Legan.

Our Jowii??
O_.

Here's JoWii's pic...they look like the same person to me. JoWii's certainly putting the moves on Legan :p .

that makes no sense
I would respond enragedly, but since this is addressed to Kewkky, I won't...

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
LMAO!!! ****ING JORDAN. Ya me and him and legan with a few others went to a rock band note and me and legan have another pic where we are 'close' like taht.

BBQTV

Smash Master
the reason they infract in the disco room is because of my spam rage when i was there

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I was just saying it's not an easy win. There's no reason for me to pick up MK specifically for Olimar, as MK still has to work hard to win that one.
Ah, my bad. Misunderstood you.

the reason they infract in the disco room is because of my spam rage when i was there
I really don't understand why you seem so proud to have ruined the disco room for everyone.

Also, here's a thought:

Looking at the ZSS MU discussion, I notice that, much like other discussions we've had, most of us tend to agree to it being a disadvantage, we just don't agree on the numbers. Now I realize that this is in part due to us all playing different people of varying skill, but it also seems that people just have a different opinion of what MU numbers mean. For example, someone posted that the MU numbers couldn't be 70-30 because that would make it worse than MK, Snake, Marth, ICs, etc., and most of us agree that's not the case.

Now this is just a thought, but wouldn't it be more productive to have discussions on the MU, but instead of putting a number on it, just make a list of our MUs from hardest to easiest or something? I mean, I realize we'd get disagreement on that too, but at least that way everyone is interpretting it the same way, whereas say, I may find a 70-30 MU extremely difficult while someone else considers 70-30 impossible, and someone else might consider it very much doable, bu difficult.

I dunno, it's just a thought.

Also BBQ, gonna try to make it to that smashfest thing tomorrow, but we'll have to see. My folks are giving me a lot of crap right now about going to play smash during the week I came to visit.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Thanks A1 for letting 'em know.

@ Fromundaman- You're behind the curve man. The ZSS mains are just not with the curve.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I was under the impression that we tried to have our matchup discussions as just "Advantage disadvantage even slight disadvantage" etc. xD JoWii suggested it when he started with the MU thread, and it's a good idea that we've (mostly) carried through with.
Thanks A1 for letting 'em know.

@ Fromundaman- You're behind the curve man. The ZSS mains are just not with the curve.
Oops haha, that could very well be it. Been too busy to keep up with the curve lately :laugh:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just noticed, in the early SSBB trailers, Kirby looks like he played exactly like how he did in Melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbLbuYS_6uA#t=1m55s watch him on Skyworld, using the Melee Final Cutter, and seemingly having Melee aerial mobility.
I also saw somewhere else, Kirby on Halberd, using the spinny aerial hammer from Melee.

sorry if this is old o_o I'm glad they didn't keep him the same lol

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
that makes no sense
Actually, infractions and warnings, and what they're used for, is completely up to the mod's discretion of what does and doesn't constitute a warning/infraction. We're told to encourage good posting and discourage bad posting habits, and according to my own mod discretion, one-liners that have barely any content is considered minor spam.

I'm guessing having a social of everyone posting 5-word posts which contribute virtually nothing to the topic and goes on for pages is totally acceptable to some people... But it's not proper behavior of members from a forum that has rules which are supposed to be enforced. And really, all I see you do here most of the time is just that: 3-5 word posts. I mean, it's cool if you wanna do an AIM group session, or go to a chatroom where you can post these things, but in a forum people are supposed to make bigger posts than THAT. Even BBQTV started posting bigger replies (props to him, I feel very comfortable watching him post stuff other than just videos or just pictures)!

You see where I'm going with this? Those posts aren't spam, it's "minor" spam, as in barely scratches the surface of it, but scratches it nonetheless. And doing so just to up your postcount and beat people in the "most replies in this thread" falls under the definition of spam.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
It happened to me the past 2 days. Finally, staying up until 3 AM caught up to me, and I slept 13 hours...then I stayed up until 5, and the SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN. It was completely unexpected, and stuff. I had plans for the past 2 days, which instead had to disintegrated into eating and watching futurama at 1. :(

Top Bottom