• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
nooooooooooooooo more girly martha's! Please ;-; i would take MK over Martha any day.

its not because i main lucas, i just dislike Martha alooooot. :3

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
it has been said by a few people (one of those being kewkky) that marths will be on the rise which is bad for us
What? I never said that MK gone will mean that there'll be more Marths. :\

That kind of correlation is pretty hard to make, man. We just gotta wait 'til MK gets banned before we jump to any conclusions! Only thing I've said is that marth is kinda nasty for Kirby, but not on the level of "hard counter", and not even close to the difficulty of Kirby vs ICs. :|

C~Dog

Smash Champion
There should be more Marths if MK goes, since IRC he only has MK and D3 as bad matchups, and although D3 would also see more usage, 1/ he still has counters and 2/ its nowhere near as bad as MK is for Marth

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
There should be more Marths if MK goes, since IRC he only has MK and D3 as bad matchups, and although D3 would also see more usage, 1/ he still has counters and 2/ its nowhere near as bad as MK is for Marth
I thought Snake was bad for him as well?
Also, he has a bunch of even MUs across the board (I know Wolf goes 50-50 to 60-40 in Wolf's favor with him, and *supposedly* Mario goes even with him, although I'm not sure I believe that one.).

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Not sure about Snake, but from what i've heard from Snake and Marth mains at my tourneys are that its even (55:45 eithers favour). Regardless, if he has even matchups at worst with the except of one or two slightly disadvantaged (aka winable) matchups means he is a safe choice for tourney play.

EDIT: What would happen to Snake's tournament usage in an MK-less metagame anyway? D3 + Olimar would be much more prevalent, which couldn't bode well for Snake.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
We can theorize about what tournament attendance would be without MK, but until it happens and a new character attendance-thing thread pops up, it's not very useful.

This is how I'm feeling about now. :/ (I can't submit it on my own account, for some reason, H3yra's my alt, Kewkky please don't ban me)

KGD is fun, but I don't feel like I belong here anymore. Idunno what the future of my activity's going to be right now.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Uh, excuse me, waiter. There seems to be some Tiersie on my livestream

@fromundaman

Well, I DO like bacon

@more Marth

Well, we CAN do some nifty stuff against Marth. Against MK... :embarrass
Haha, yes I try to be on the stream as often as I can. Have been going to bed at 5:30 AM the last couple of days watching the stream >.< I've also already seen Jowii and Stingers on the chat, which was pretty awesome :p

It would be cool to have a little Kirby social convo going on in the Apex livestream :bee:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby>D3, and D3>DK, so the Kirby vs DK matchup is in Kirby's favor. (don't look at thrillagorilla's sig any time soon)

But notice that I said "for the same reasons Marth beats Kirby"
Kirby does not beat D3 for the same reasons D3 beats DK (the chaingrab)*
Marth just generally outspaces Kirby in the same way MK generally outspaces Marth, right?

*assuming Kirby truly does beat Dedede, which is very possible

A1lion835

Smash Champion
*Slightly-emo feelings of withdrawal are ignored by Kirby community*

But notice that I said "for the same reasons Marth beats Kirby"
Marth just generally outspaces MK in the same way MK generally outspaces Marth, right?

*assuming Kirby truly does beat Dedede, which is very possible
Ah, forgot to note that. Your logic doesn't seem to be flawed...you win this time, Asdioh!

also:

Asdioh said:
Marth just generally outspaces MK in the same way MK generally outspaces Marth, right?
Asdioh said:
Marth just generally outspaces MK in the same way MK generally outspaces Marth
Nice one. :p

BBQTV

Smash Master
kewkky a LLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time ago waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back i said if mk could nado and could kirbycide that he would be banned and you said that would be bad for us

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
kewkky a LLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time ago waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back i said if mk could nado and could kirbycide that he would be banned and you said that would be bad for us
If MK could both do tornado and Kirbicid...

Yeah that would be bad for us.

But what does it have to do with there being more Marths and it being wirse for Kirby because of it? o_o

Lovely

Smash Lord
[COLOR="#SlateGray"]♣[/COLOR] [COLOR="#DarkGray"]You thought Japanese people were weak at Smash Brothers? Well, a lot of people think that since Melee. XD[/COLOR] [COLOR="#Gray"]♥[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#SlateGray"]♣[/COLOR] [COLOR="#DarkGray"]Falco's lasers is the main reason why it's hard to approach, unless you perfect shield the lasers every time. I wish there were more Kirby players that is noticeable in Japan. ;_;[/COLOR] [COLOR="#Gray"]♥[/COLOR]

Lovely

Smash Lord
[COLOR="#SlateGray"]♣[/COLOR] [COLOR="#DarkGray"]When I go to school, I'm there, which is every September though May.[/COLOR] [COLOR="#Gray"]♥[/COLOR]

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lovely needs to play me in Puyo Puyo more, I need to know how to **** in that game. )=<

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I forgot to give you my FC. x_x

3051 8919 5798

I would give you my ranking card but I think the ranking on the main site is down. Though I don't play online rankings. XD

BBQTV

Smash Master
If MK could both do tornado and Kirbicid...

Yeah that would be bad for us.

But what does it have to do with there being more Marths and it being wirse for Kirby because of it? o_o
that fact that he can do it is beside the point, the point is that when i said that you said it would be bad if he was banned

brood vs ally vids?

A lot of the regulars barely visit anymore.

This GD is still better than most other GDs though.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>.> I watched Larry vs. Brood GFs and it hit me...

....****, people are gonna start playing Falco and Olimar more.

.....Falco and Olimar....

....Olimar....

;_;

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Peach is the only character I know of that legitimately beats Olimar, and I still don't even understand how. I complained about Olimar and people were like "just use MK"

....but notice how M2k lost to Brood? Yeahhhh it's definitely not that easy lol.

Also, can you guys even imagine a Kirby in grand finals, competing against people like Brood/DEHF/M2K? No matter how good Kirby is, or the person using him, I just don't see it happening. He's a good character but he just doesn't seem good ENOUGH >_<
(//.-)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
O_o CF?

I was thinking more along the lines of ToonLink or someone...
Other than NOT WINNING MLG RALEIGH, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING NOW?

TL isn't an easy Kirby matchup.

Peach is the only character I know of that legitimately beats Olimar, and I still don't even understand how. I complained about Olimar and people were like "just use MK"

....but notice how M2k lost to Brood? Yeahhhh it's definitely not that easy lol.

Also, can you guys even imagine a Kirby in grand finals, competing against people like Brood/DEHF/M2K? No matter how good Kirby is, or the person using him, I just don't see it happening. He's a good character but he just doesn't seem good ENOUGH >_<
(//.-)
I can't imagine YbM or Chu making it into GF in a tournament with Lain, ADHD, Ally, M2K, etc. , and I only remember 1 other pro using him (I forget his name, he used Kirby in the first MK-banned tourney...lol).

Kirby's problem is that he isn't broken.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Question: would you say this GD is better than NessGD?!

Also, just look on YouTube for the brood v ally matches. They have almost none of the whole matches, but it's better than nothing.

Need a vid? Just look it up on YouTube.... Not an advertisement, but everything is there.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would use Luigi against Olimar over Peach, since N-Air can beat his U-Smash. XD

Can Olimar escape Luigi's Jab > Up-B? Strangely, I still have yet to play against an Olimar that makes me shake.

Question: would you say this GD is better than NessGD?!
Both GD was at a stand still, then turned epic after the new mods where assigned. So far I'm going to say this thread is a better GD, mostly because I love being bias. =3

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ A1- Ohhhh, you want me to win a nat'l with someone Kirby has an easy match against so more people will play him and we can rise to the top as Kirby mains.

.....I'll win a nat'l with Link.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
No one, and I mean NO ONE, will EVER in a ****in' million ****ing years w/ Link.

I stake my main on it.

Top Bottom