• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Because teaming up on one person is a great way to play in 2v2, and you can do a lot of the simpler 2v1 comboes as soon as you knock an opponent offstage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
fox social thread is on page 287, kirby one is on page 278 :O

I actually think the kirby one is catching up.

I guess it makes sense that 2v1 stuff can happen in 2v2, but a smart opponent would avoid you until his teammate came back.

{theorycraft ho!}

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
They can try, but it's easier said than done. Really the only feasible way to do that is to plank every time your opponent gets knocked offstage, but if you do that, then the other two wll just team gimp your partner while you plank.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TRY THE ANUBIS STRAT AGAINST 2 GOOD KIRBYS

Thats like asking to get hammerd at 80-90 each stock...just saying...lucario aint living that ****...lol

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
IMO

Wario Or D3

You have to have a smart d3 tho because d3 gets ***** in dubz as is

also DK is pretty good also...star shot 2 good....lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Snake seems to do really good based on Infern + YbM's team performances.

Other than that IDK really. Feels like everyone does pretty well with Kirby, though heavies/stocktanks tend to be preferable in my opinion.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I can't say for Lucario. Seems like it could work, but the only one I've teamed with isn't used to teams, and a Lucario who isn't aware of what his partner's doing isn't the best thing in teams. Then again, I guess the same is true of a Kirby with that problem, so yeah, it didn't work out so well.

Also, going through some of my GF's old PS2 games I never got around to playing, and while it took me a while to get into it, Killer7 is pretty awesome. I love how it starts by saying "here's how you move and shoot, now go kill these mutant freak thingies, good luck!", then only gives you an accompanying storyline and setting/intro like 2-3 hours into the game (and dear god, when it gives exposition, it gives it in MGS lengths!). It's fun as hell, but I just now kinda-somewhat started understanding what's going on XD
Also, it's refreshingly original, and strange in a good way.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Kirby teams very well with MK obviously. But also Peach somewhat, Falco, D3 (though to a lesser extent), Ganon, and basically anyone who can 2v1 but needs help fishing for kills.

I tried TL and Zelda for a team. It's rapeface.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was SHTLing people with FalcoKirby in that tourney and it scared the **** out of them. That Fox experience helps me in my SHTL FalcoKirby game :D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
TL and Kirby seem decent together too, though it may just have been that the TL player in question is really good at teams, because I'm not really sure what made it work so well.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
TL and Kirby seem decent together too, though it may just have been that the TL player in question is really good at teams, because I'm not really sure what made it work so well.
There may be a little big of problems with Kirby and TL. In doubles, lets say on FD, spacing using upb with kirby keeps opponents at bay, while TL uses specials in the air to stop the opposition in their tracks, or at least slow them down. They both need to be synchronized or at least have good communication to avoid hitting one another (more so if TL is behind Kirby).

Other than that, they can work pretty well together.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
LMAO UP-B on stage is a novelty...I use it against people Im already winning against...and I dont use it for the projectile I use it for the blade (it has pretty good range) and whenever I hit someone im like "SCOOPS!!"

but yea no UP-B...only problem I have with TL on teams is He can't get me grabs...and my teams play is kind of based around grabs -> anything...grab=free hit..and who doesnt like a free hit...lol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Got back from vacation! We dropped my sister off in Boston wednesday since she had jury duty...we visited with more old friends, drove about 8 hours today to get back home. I'm headed off to chess camp again next week.

FC has some uses onstage, mostly against slow-moving characters without huge range and projectiles (so like...Ganon?).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I played SMG2 with my friend last Friday...the game was fun, though I spent most of it criticizing the gravity mechanics xD . "Wait, why is there up and down on something this small?"

(Sorry if I repeat myself) The vacation was good. We had it water-themed, increasing in size as the week went on. Sunday was this natural waterslide thing, Mon a water park (closed due to weather D:< ) and then hotel pool, Tues was being dragged behind a motorboat in a tube on Lake Winnipasaukee, and Wed was the beach near Mass./NH . Car rides were a bit long though, lol.

I have this intense love-hate relationship with Nintendo, and that game has to be something I love about them. I'm so hyped for it!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aight soo...I've been going to omnis training sessions working on just using Kirby and Pit (working out quit nicely I think so) but I have a serious mental block when it comes to a GOOD metaknight..the only person I effectively know how to play against metaknight with is Squirtle and clearly thats not possible to have squirtle out the WHOLE TIME

but yea I think I got vids against omni so when he post them ill post them here

also INFERN WTF GO BACK TO THE SNAKE BOARDS

and are you guys going to Rauleens tourney in October?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
well, others may think differently, but personally I'd say use a different character against MK, Kirby just won't (or shouldn't) cut it.
I use Fox against MK, and do much better than I did with Kirby.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I TOLD OMNI THAT
and he was like naw man you just gotta stick wiht kirby

i was like dude this **** is near impossible (or extremely annoying) but I cant use Pit against MK...MK is a better Pit with no arrows and way better attacks..lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah, I was thinking about recommending Pit, but I always trash Pits with my Kirby so I would imagine it's even easier with MK :/ could be wrong though.

There just aren't many good Pits, I see lots of new players that use him.

Anyway, Squirtle's like a better Kirby (imo) and so is MK, so I can see how that works, too bad you have to use Ivysaur and Charizard too. Do you play any other characters?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Weird... the closest characters I see to being a "better Kirby" are Wario and, to a certain extent, MK.

And yeah, IDK, Kirby has tools to fight MK, the problem is that if the MK knows the MU, he can exploit Kirby's inherent weakness (lack of approach) like no other, due to all his 'anti-approach' options, not to mention being one of the few characters who can effectively gimp Kirby. Basically, once the MK knows the MU, Kirby has to mindgame pretty much every hit.
I used to think it was all right (and I still think it's doable, but you have to seriously outplay your opponent), but I realized how much easier it is of a MU with other characters (Wolf lol), and so I would consider using someone else. Do you play Diddy, ICs or Oli at all? A lot of MKs seem to struggle with those three. Snake also works well.

Top Bottom