• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Are we still ranting? I've had some pretty ****ty stuff happen to me recently which is why I kind of dropped off the face of the planet... And someone very dear had to ask me if I was still alive. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Anything and everything whose hitbox appears before frame 10. We can't fsmash, but we can ftilt, RAR bair, reverse utilt, dtilt, dsmash and hyphen usmash (I'm not quite sure on this one, it's the range I'm worried about and not the speed on dsmash, and worried about speed but not range on the hyphen usmash), buffered dashgrab... That's about it, pretty much. 7 options, doesn't seem that bad. Still, you'll probably find yourself either ftilting Lucas or trying to go for a dash regrab since they're the safest and optimum options respectively.
Thanks. I'd been told that regrab didn't work but Fsmash did, but you know, I tried Fsmash and found it didn't so yeah...

Does reverse Utilt have enough range though?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Happy Bday NKN!!!

If it helps I have a cake here for you. >_> But if you don't get here soon I might eat it...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Thanks. I'd been told that regrab didn't work but Fsmash did, but you know, I tried Fsmash and found it didn't so yeah...

Does reverse Utilt have enough range though?
No problem! And utilt having enough range... I haven't played a Lucas in a bit, but I'm leaning more on 'yes'. Everything else works, so don't worry about it. I know reverse utilt has enough distance to work when grab releasing other characters and them spotdodging/attacking with a slower attack, so I figured Lucas was no different and just lumped it in with the other ones since he has an extra 10 frames of lag and stuff, so he won't be clanking with anyone.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm finally taking a break from playing a really long Super Street Fighter IV tournament, (despite me not really liking that game). Now back to playing Smash again and getting better with my Classy Controller Pro. =3

To be honest, I really wanted to try out Classic Controller Pro in a tournament when I finally get my car again, I play with that controller much better than Classic Controller.

Also Happy Birthday Ninja Kirby Nick.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No problem! And utilt having enough range... I haven't played a Lucas in a bit, but I'm leaning more on 'yes'. Everything else works, so don't worry about it. I know reverse utilt has enough distance to work when grab releasing other characters and them spotdodging/attacking with a slower attack, so I figured Lucas was no different and just lumped it in with the other ones since he has an extra 10 frames of lag and stuff, so he won't be clanking with anyone.
Gotcha, but I was thinking more along the lines of range-wise, since he seems to slide a bit after a GR for some reason.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Lucas does move further away than Ness does after a grab release iirc.

EDIT: also, what do we have on Wario out of an air release at the end of the stage? Fsmash/usmash/dsmash mayhap??

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
...I said I'd be posting here more, so I should keep to that.

To be honest, I really wanted to try out Classic Controller Pro in a tournament when I finally get my car again, I play with that controller much better than Classic Controller.
Nice! How does it compare to using a standard GameCube controller?

EDIT: also, what do we have on Wario out of an air release at the end of the stage? Fsmash/usmash/dsmash mayhap??
I'm always a fan of Short Hopped D-air out of a air-release off-stage.

(Its so evil)

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
My 16th birthday was pretty cool :D.

I got Disgaea for the DS, and that's pretty cool. I also got an Action Replay for the DSi, and that's pretty nice...(I also downloaded an emulator and got Earthbound and Mother 3 on my computer ;D)

BUT I FINALLY GOT THE WIRELESS ROUTER I'VE BEEN WANTING SINCE CHRISTMAS :mad:.

I can wi-fi again<3.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i deleted you so i have to put your friend code again. and although you have wi.fi it must suck having to disconnect from the internet every time

That's not crushing dreams.

This is crushing dreams.

Nick, I'm never ever gonna play Wi-Fi with you. Yep, you read that right. Never ever. I never wanted to, and I never will. I just said I would so that I could ditch you later on and completely crush your dreams.

[collapse="Now if you'll excuse me, I must laugh at you in a very rude but evil fashion."]
[/collapse]

But don't cover that face of shame yet! No cloth will be able to wipe your tears after you read this! Not only am I not playing Wi-Fi with you ever again, but I'm also going to ignore your posts completely and/or unnecessarily troll them to the harshest extent. But please, don't bother putting me on your ignore list. I'll just troll your dreams.

I'll crush those pathetic dreams like no other....
[collapse="BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"]
[/collapse]

no but seriously, i'm busy now. i'm gonna add you tonight though

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Happy belated birthday Nick! :) You might not get season 3 immediately, but at least...uh...in a few hours, the sun will rise! Unless you're in some wacky time zone where it won't. Who told you you were in that time zone? Did the Blue-Eyes White Dragon tell you that? **** the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Seriously. /reference

I have this brochure-thing on the Cold War that I need to do (lots of information, not a ton of space, pretty and creative D: ). I need to have 4 pages done...by my class...which is today...I've been procrastinating on facebook and FICS (free internet chess server), but I really need to start this now. Luckily, it's just the information that's due. Still, I should start it.

Edit: Not making much progress, so I'm going to sleep and hoping I can drag myself out of bed at 7 (past experience says I can't). Really, I'm just tired and know I'm ****ing myself. :(

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
You're a horrible person for that T1mmy!.

Hylain is the big name but it's my tournament as well :/.

I hope Twinkie crushes your dreams.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
So, I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I think I've finally finished up the Frame Data in the Kirby Guide. The previous data was all pretty much spot on, but I just had to go back and double check everything and tie up some loose ends. I posted the changes in my most recent reply on that thread.

Looking at it, the Guide seems to be about as complete as it can get. Just a reminder to let me know if there is anything that I might have overlooked that could be added to it. For instance, I would like to get around to including HitLag data to every attack, even though it's not very important.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hitlag data would be veeeery important for people who like theorycrafting with frame data, and applying it in the game. It would really help me out, for example, since when I'm not playing looking for this stuff is pretty hard.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Happy belated birthday Nick! :) You might not get season 3 immediately, but at least...uh...in a few hours, the sun will rise! Unless you're in some wacky time zone where it won't. Who told you you were in that time zone? Did the Blue-Eyes White Dragon tell you that? **** the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Seriously. /reference

I have this brochure-thing on the Cold War that I need to do (lots of information, not a ton of space, pretty and creative D: ). I need to have 4 pages done...by my class...which is today...I've been procrastinating on facebook and FICS (free internet chess server), but I really need to start this now. Luckily, it's just the information that's due. Still, I should start it.

Edit: Not making much progress, so I'm going to sleep and hoping I can drag myself out of bed at 7 (past experience says I can't). Really, I'm just tired and know I'm ****ing myself. :(

Meanwhile, I have to create a website about how I'm going to destroy the world. It's gonna have links and other complicated stuff that I can't understand right now, due to today being Friday<3.

I'm glad people have been keeping up with LK's videos while I was gone xD.

And thanks, you guys :)...

Oh, I have the WORST luck when it comes to routers D:<.

Top Bottom