• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
He's making a joke about how the announcer guy always says really dramatically "Next time...on Dragon Ball Z!"

BTW, I reccomend reading the manga and/or watching the anime. There's a lot of criticism (much of it deserved), but I love it.

On a somewhat related topic, I'm reading it again and just finished the Piccolo Saga. At one point, he's all "I will destroy one section of the world every anniversary of my taking over...May 9th."

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Gasp! Will Jiovanni be unfaithful? D:
Honestly I'm not very faithful to begin with. Every time I try to turn it around another sexy chick pops up. We have plans to move in together at the end of the summer but during my cinco de mayo celebration I met this girl that I was apparently calling big booty judy at a party. Luckily she has a bf but she still wants to play in the sheets though which I'll probably give her the pleasure of doing sometime this week.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Tierse, other than repairing damaged frames and some visual errors (King Piccolo's blood being red at first, for example), I don't see a real reason to watch Kai, especially since the English dub hasn't started yet. Normally, I'm in favor of watching in Japanese with subtitles, but I just don't feel like it for Kai...maybe I like the voices in the dub too much xD .

Jiovanni is player :o .

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Watch dragon ball Kai if you're going to watch Dragon ball.

Edit: I didn't know Ling Ling played kirby. That's kinda awesome.
He used to before I met him, but then dropped him. But then... He met ME! Buwahahahaha! (beating him with Kirby was a huuuuge pain in the *** though, I got used to going ZSS against him since it was easier) I bet I was an influence for his going back to Kirby again, cuz he PM'd in our new PR Smash page and we talked for a while, and he told me he never realized how good Kirby is if you use him like I did! :bee:

then i told him "kirby is high tier" and he agreed and said bye : |

I wanna see some videos already!

Ling got 4th. Losing to a falco twice. ;_; Falco is always the one that beats him O_o. He got it next time.
Aww man... I wish I was there so I could teach Ling experience with dat there Kirbeh.

You should teach me how to play Kirby. Just sayin'....

Actually, I would prefer learning the matchup first.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You should teach me how to play Kirby. Just sayin'....

Actually, I would prefer learning the matchup first.
The first step to learning the TL:Kirby MU... is to organize a tourney during the summer. And make sure you have the venue before you announce it! :bee:

Oh, and I'm sure Ling's gonna step it up and win tourneys soon enough. That was his first tourney there, so everyone's a new opponent. Here in PR our Falcos quit the game before Ling made it to the top of the scene (our best Falco had a son, so he dropped Smash to be a full-time dad), so that's it for his Falco experience. And once Ling plays a bit more with the people and notice their patterns, then fun will begin... :mad:

I'll host a tournament in the summer the second my co-hosts (Sheikant and ElDom) can both get a ride to one.

And it's gonna have Dr Pepper. :)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah, cant do much if the hosts of the tourney dont have a ride can you? :/ I dont think we should do it in may anyways. HDL's tourney is coming soon. Maybe in june, if me and El dom get a ride.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm going to try to be more active here in the Kirby boards again since summer's here and I have more time for posting. -^_____^-

@ Chu's retirement- I like how in his podcast he mentioned that Kirby sucked in Brawl. He'll be back after he gets a job and stuffz.
Where's this podcast? I wouldn't doubt it if he said Kirby sucked, I've thought that Chu would do a lot better if he picked up another character for tournament play. I remember him playing Young Link in Melee, dabbled about with some other characters, then made a big splash with Ice Climbers.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
A1lion said:
Hi Shao and stuff what's up?
Nothing much... just for the past weeks I haven't had much time to do anything really. Waking up early to go to the gym and/or swimming, having lunch, going to college and having classes from 1.30pm to 7pm, then autoCAD (program used to draw building blueprints and such) classes, studying for exams. Rinse and repeat until Friday. :(

At least my grades are ok :D

I get out of school on the 18th.

Speaking of which, bad news.
My friend is gonna help me with my video project, so I can't give up just yet.

Guess who is gonna stay after class everyday next week?

:urg:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I haven't read anything preceding this atm, but I have a rant:

I believe I may have just lost my census job (granted it's a secondary job) due to having my phone off and thus missing an urgent call or 3 from my boss. Nevermind the fact that I was not working that job today and that they called at a time that I had told them I was working my other job.

By the way, 12 hour shifts in a restaurant on mother's day suck balls.us

camden

Smash Apprentice
Yeah dude, that really sucks. I had three work shifts this weekend (Thursday-Saturday) but I couldn't work them because I had to drive 4 hours to do repairs. Why? Well, my Mom's tenant moved out, and he totally trashed the place, but when we got there to check it out, it was busted beyond repair, so we condemned it. Not only did I not get paid for three days, but I also did NOTHING. My grandfather felt bad and gave me $100, but I still would've had more from working. Oh well, that's just a bump in the road. I hope things work out for you fromundaman. :)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
WOOO! HR39, doing my newest urgent! Rathalos+ and Rathian+! :D

Where are you MH3 players! :@

And I wanna play some Brawl... Play in a tourney : /

camden

Smash Apprentice
I've got two tourneys coming up this month. Hosting one Saturday, and then helping out Justin Wiles with his on the 29th. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Where's this podcast? I wouldn't doubt it if he said Kirby sucked, I've thought that Chu would do a lot better if he picked up another character for tournament play. I remember him playing Young Link in Melee, dabbled about with some other characters, then made a big splash with Ice Climbers.
Haha, not really. It supposed to resemble "True That." :laugh: YAAA YUUHZZZ...
:urg: Good looking out Chu.

Edit: Yay, the T1mZ is comin' back!
>_> It's on youtube or linked from the Chu retirement thread.

It's a lazy way of saying true that.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I don't know what to do. I have two final exams this week but I had surgery last week and I am still in a lot of pain and on pain killers and I can't study. :(

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I got to play melee the other day in a smashfest. Kewk, before u ask, we didnt invite because ur sick. Anyways, we only played melee, the one that was gonna bring brawl (muni) came extremely late when we were about to leave. We played melee like 7 hours. Normally, I would keep playing good consistently. But, man, after 4 hours or so, *valid johns incoming* (my right arm was burning maybe because of the lack of practice I have less smash endurance or something...weird since that has never happened to me before) */valid johns* I went from beating everyone there with sheik to getting 3 stocked and barely winning matchups sheik should ****. Btw I still have the right arm pain, my fingers are better tho.

PS- PR smashers seriously need to make gatherings more often. :mad:

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I would feel the same using a different controller. ;p ♥

♣ I can still play Melee, Samus gameplay didn't change too much for me, except Zair from Melee to Brawl, (unless you enclude the lack of kill options Samus have). ;_; ♥

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Me being sick is not an excuse for not inviting me, even if the disease is highly contagious... :(

Nah, I was gonna turn you guys down anyway. Because I was sick. And I want to play some Brawl, not Melee (although I guess I could give it a go every now and then, it just doesn't appeal to me the way Brawl does sadly)... And 7 hours? I'd be yearning to go home way before that. : |

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I got 7th in singles on of 20 something and 2nd in doubles on Sunday. I should have done better in singles, but i choked under pressure final stock of the set in winners bracket. =((((((((((((((

EDIT: BTW, Swallow > Grounded Hammer is a true combo on MK.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Is it? I don't have confidence on Swallow lately because it never severs me well, can anyone test Swallow > Ground Hammer?

Can someone start a project to not make the Kirby boards die... again? )=

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I come in here and I see a lot of woe and worry. I feel for you guys, I really do (especially if you had to work a 12 hour shift in a restaurant on Mother's Day). :\

But I'm here to shed some sunshine and smiles on all of you! There's a tournament up in Seattle this weekend and since I can make it there I'm going. Lots of fun! Also, I got to play in an SSB (Virtual Console) tournament a week ago and I kicked butt with Kirby (mwaha ha ha ha), taking 1st place. And, last but not least... MLG Columbus is coming up!

I know it's not for another three weeks, but I'm really really excited about it. (I should be, I'm riding 2,000 miles in a bus to go to it).

PS: Inhale to Hammer (Ground) is a true combo. You should do this at least three times a game vs. Meta Knight.
JK

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
MLG still didn't change the Wiimote rule, I would come if I have confidence with a GC controller. >.<

Still, I would like to go back to the tourney scenes again if I can. Aww, on the inhale to ground hammer. )=

If anyone didn't know, Nintendo announced Kirby Wii is still being made on May 7th if that's new news.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Kirby Cheat?

Woooo! a Kirby game!!! Some put up a nice lively Kirby tune. We need some more smiles in here! Hope Kewkky and Ladybug are feeling better! Best wishes guys!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If anyone didn't know, Nintendo announced Kirby Wii is still being made on May 7th if that's new news.
It must be one hell of an amazing game, if they're taking the Duke Nukem Forever approach.

Top Bottom