• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
Kirby boards are pretty fun. Mario boards are entirely serious, and only half of the Nesses are fun.
Jigglypuff board is insane, it's so much fun. I decided to use Jigglypuff just for the xat.

Good luck at WHOBO! First place or don't come back! :mad:
Keep us posted on results! :p
err unless someone gives me thier number its gonna be hard XD since wifi is like 100 bucks a night

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hype! Ohio tournament Saturday, estimated around 100 people going! Ally! Anther! A ton of other good people!

Asdioh, Gonzo, Fromundaman, and Y.B.M. are all going to this tourney!

SOME Kirby is taking top 3.
This sucks, I'm have to prepare my birthday the whole week and next week, so I can't go... unless I have plane tickets that are less than $50 so I don't have to waste time traving back. =/

Well, you guys better score high on this tourney since I'm not there... again.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Fixed. you cannot infract me!
Lol, A1. Do you like provoking the Mods or is it just a hobby of yours?

*remembers your April fools topic*

On a side note, your powers of invisible text don't work on me, for I use the classic blue skin! :laugh:

Alright, I'm done giving you a hard time :).

On Topic: Some of the other Kirbys have put their two bits in, so I'm gonna go ahead and give my full input now.

• I think that it would work well if Kawaii was willing to split the Q&A and helpful links thread in two or at least put it in the title that the helpful links are in the thread. There would be less confusion that way for what I'll propose next.
  • The "Help with MU" aspect of the "rate my Kirby" thread should be taken out and the thread should be de-stickied since its already in the helpful links thread.
  • The "help with MU" part of the the "Rate my Kirby" thread should be added to the "Kirby's matagame" discussion and the thread should be stickied.
  • I'd de-sticky the Video archive as well, and put it in the helpful links.
  • t!MmY's guide should be de-stickied since its already in the helpful links thread.
  • The MU thread should be de-stickied until we start the next go around of MU discussions, then it should be re-stickied.
  • the Stage discussion thread should remain stickied until done, then put in the helpful links thread and de-stickied unless we go for another round on the stages.
  • The crouch avoid list should be de-stickied and added to the helpful links list.
  • You can sticky my Moveset discussion thread or keep it un-stickied. Either way is fine by me :).
  • This thread should be de-stickied once the final decisions are made on the Board's reorganization. That would discourage non-Kirby's from posting and as a social topic it should keep pretty high on the list.

Well, thats my long-winded opinion, anyway :). Take from it what you will.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The Kirby boards are kinda cooler than the Sheik boards but I go on the Sheik boards more so I know them better and Sheik is a funner char

where u at

where u IZZAT?!!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
CRASHiC, rule #4. You stick to your DDD board unless you play to start posting in a bunch of other Kirby threads contributing to the Kirby metagame. ):<

And this is a GENEREAL/SOCIAL thread.

Meaning it has a dual-purpose.
You can have general discussion about Kirby in brawl and whatever you want to about his metagame.
And you can have social discussion with all of your other Kirby mains/secondaries/casuals/Xiivi. :D

Straked, you've made plenty of posts in the Kirby forum to be allowed here, don't worry.
However you definitely have not made enough contribute to the Fox, King Dedede, Pikachu, and Sonic. No.
You should stick to kirby, jigglypuff, and mario. :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I heard a rumor that I've contributed enough to the Lucario boards.

-_-

So let's talk smack about MK.

MK is lame. He should be banned, or not allowed to use the B button. Discuss.

(I'm sad because there are going to be a ton of Metaknights in the Sat. tourney and I doubt I can beat ALL of them)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Straked, you've made plenty of posts in the Kirby forum to be allowed here, don't worry.
However you definitely have not made enough contribute to the Fox, King Dedede, Pikachu, and Sonic. No.
You should stick to kirby, jigglypuff, and mario. :p
stalkerr?

lol jkz

so we have a bunch of stickies:

Kirby Boards General/Social Topic.
Xiivi
meh...it can stay. Get rid of the period tho

Kirby Question and Answer Thread! Ask a Kirby question, get a Kirby answer! <(^_^)>
~Kawaii Bunny~
give bunny mod powers here plox

The official "RATE MY KIRBY" and "HELP WITH A MATCHUP" thread!
Asdioh
people ask asdioh questions instead of me, im fine with that

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion
Viper
yup

The New Official Kirby Matchup Rankings AND GUIDE Thread!
MK26
hmmm...iunno

Kirby & The Amazing Guide
t!MmY
its oldddd
and timmy hosts it on aib

The Kirby Video Archive! Updated and run by YOU!
Asdioh
asdioh makes such good threads doesnt he

Crouch Avoid List
Krii
BANHAMMER

this post can be read with or without [SARCASM][/SARCASM] tags around its entirety

EDIT: oh, everyone should check out Brawl+
is it against the rules to talk about Brawl+?

§leepy God

Smash Master
So let's talk smack about MK.

MK is lame. He should be banned, or not allowed to use the B button. Discuss.
Asdioh, you know all Meta Knight mains play the same. There's no denying it, they all play aggressive because they have to. And those who play Meta Knight in tourney's just because he's good is lame and deserves to get slapped.

EDIT: oh, everyone should check out Brawl+
is it against the rules to talk about Brawl+?
**** Brawl+... I don't think it's against the rules since more than half of the character boards are talking about they're characters in Brawl+ and all.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
MK isn't THAT bad, you just have to play a little bit different.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
MK isn't THAT bad, you just have to play a little bit different.
Finally, someone who sees the world in more than black and white!Sure, MK's a huge pain, but he's not THAT hard to beat... I personally think G&W is harder (if both are played at the same level), on the count of YOU CAN'T GET CLOSE TO THAT MOFO. The only thing that is bothering me whenever I play MK mains in tourneys, is the ftilt. Tornado and SL can be evaded easily if predicted, but that freakin' ftilt is too stupid... ******** range (outspaces bairs), priority (breaks spaced bairs), and variable speed (leaves no grabbing, ftilt or bair options)... And it ends fast, leaving no open spots at all if they use it right and not spam it! HOW CAN YOU BEAT THAT! @_@If MK was banned, I'd be one happy Kirby mainer! In my last tourney (april 4th), I lost in both winners and losers' against the same MK, ended up 4th. And realized I would've had a better chance by using ZSS instead...But, nevertheless, with quick reflexes, you'll be able to predict and block/evade any of MK's specials, and if aimed right, fsmash him out of any of them!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Finally, someone who sees the world in more than black and white!Sure, MK's a huge pain, but he's not THAT hard to beat... I personally think G&W is harder (if both are played at the same level), on the count of YOU CAN'T GET CLOSE TO THAT MOFO.
If MK was banned, I'd be one happy Kirby mainer!
I sense contradiction >_>

MK certainly is beatable, but I'm pretty sure any Kirby main, even Chudat, will lose to a MK eventually if they have to fight one after another after another...

Yes, I think the game would be better off without him.

But whatever.

Last tourney, I beat a MK in pools, and a G&W MK, both 2-0. I got ***** by Bowyer's MK in crews, I only took off like 1 stock. I also lost to Overswarm's MK.

They were probably both better than me though...but then again, the G&W/MK I beat was NoJ, who seems to be thought of one of the best in the midwest, and he placed 4th in that tourney.

I guess it just depends on the MK's playstyle (lol, as if MK had such a thing as "style") and how well they know the Kirby matchup.

I'm leaving for a tourney in 4 hours and I can't wait. >:D

And it's been a long time since I've lost to a G&W offline :]

Online is a whole different story OLOLLLO

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
How did I miss this thread?

Asdioh, you know all Meta Knight mains play the same. There's no denying it, they all play aggressive because they have to. And those who play Meta Knight in tourney's just because he's good is lame and deserves to get slapped.

**** Brawl+... I don't think it's against the rules since more than half of the character boards are talking about they're characters in Brawl+ and all.
No... There are a few ways to play MK, and if you think all MKs play aggressively then you are lucky to never have played a defensive MK.
In fact, this is the problem I have with playing a lot of MKs: They all require different playstyles. Sure, that's true of every character, but it seems more true of some characters than others, and MK is one of them.

Also, Viper I'll try, but I can't promise anything. Then again... I tend to do okay when tournies are in southern OH (whereas I suck balls in Akron for some reason...).

Asdioh, will you be staying at Nope's tonight? I'd love to get some friendlies against you.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha kirby boards are so good taht we actually talk about kirby and matchups in our social topic

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Haha, thanks, Xiivi. I hate PM's, I half expect them to be infractions. :psycho:
I'm mainly Mario, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Ness, Lucas, and Lucario.

I love how serious the Kirby boards are. We really need this.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Haha, thanks, Xiivi. I hate PM's, I half expect them to be infractions. :psycho:
I'm mainly Mario, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Ness, Lucas, and Lucario.

I love how serious the Kirby boards are. We really need this.
"Serious" goes hand in hand with "Ninja Spike sticky" ya know.

*infraction for saying that so much*

[sing]2 more posts till smash lord, 2 more posts till smash lord...[/sing]

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm gonna laugh when you get banned at 999.
You care way too much about that Ninja-Spike sticky, it's not THAT good. Even though me and thrilla did the most testing...

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I'm gonna laugh when you get banned at 999.
You care way too much about that Ninja-Spike sticky, it's not THAT good. Even though me and thrilla did the most testing...
Cmon, they don't have enough dirt on me to get me banned. Unless they...you know...

And yes, it IS that good! And I've done testing too >.>, not my fault my dad gets pissed at me whenever I play wii for more than 5 minutes.

[sing]1 more post till smash lord, 1 more post till smash lord...[/sing]

Percon

Smash Lord
I would agree that Meta isn't as bad as some others, but it's still a disadvantage.

Personally my worst matchup is Rob. guuhhhh. <--- unhealthy sighing sound

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Same here, mainly ROB and Game and Watch. I fight too many of them, they have predictable playstyles, it's just so hard to get around them. G&W Bair beats out Bair, ROB spotdodge Dsmash is too common, etc.

I'f only they were gimpable, it might be an easier matchup. For me, anyways.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
ROB should no longer be a big pain when Kirby fight him if you don't get too far from him or pick the right stages, he use to be because of the Meta game around when the game come's out. Mr. Game & Watch is still a ***** though, that ****en turtle. D=<

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
ROB should no longer be a big pain when Kirby fight him if you don't get too far from him or pick the right stages, he use to be because of the Meta game around when the game come's out. Mr. Game & Watch is still a ***** though, that ****en turtle. D=<
I just need to lear R.O.B.'s meta game.
Mr.G&W is a *** though. HIM AND THAT TURTLE! >.<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
GW and R.O.B are my hardest matchups by far.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I find when I have trouble with an MU, the best thing I can do is learn how to play that character by going to their board and dedicating a night to learning the basics. It really helped out my game vs. Wolf, Lucario and G&W. As for ROB, I just take him to Brinstar. That usually sorts things out. :)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I find when I have trouble with an MU, the best thing I can do is learn how to play that character by going to their board and dedicating a night to learning the basics. It really helped out my game vs. Wolf, Lucario and G&W. As for ROB, I just take him to Brinstar. That usually sorts things out. :)
Ah yes, brinstar generally does the trick:). I should really get my "Lion Combo" up (Wario dying in ladder match after 13 seconds when he broke the bridge xD).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So, it turns out I've gotten better vs ROB. It also turns out that I need to learn the TL and Oli matchups... really badly.

Also, I just came back from the Midwest Circuit event (well, it ended at like 1 AM I think.), and it is now official, Y.b.M. is now the unofficial (Contradictions? NOOOOO!) best Kirby in the Midwest. And he now has a decent CP stage (lulz at OS banning Frigate in our MM).

Also again, holy ****... I MMed Ally... I brought him to the last stock at 146% the first game (mindgamed a ****ing grounded hammer, and an epic (and extremely lucky) hammer stagespike at 22%!), and I was up a stock the second game (How does nobody know what to do on PS1? Seriously guys, CP that stage more. It is ****.) when the TO stopped our MM to do singles... I feel ***********...

Also managed to get NoJ and Judge in the jablock infinite at the same time in the team matches (we still lost by 3 stocks. They are just way too good.). Seriously guys, go PS1.

Of course, I've only been listing some of the awesome **** that happened. Now for some of the bad:

Didn't make it out of pools.
I only actually won 2 sets that whole day. I brought almost everyone I played, regardless of skill level, to last stock last hit, but rarely ever won.

I forgot to ban Pirate Ship against Infern's Ike... AGAIN!

I was 132% up on Y.b.M. on my CP (He ***** me on the neutral, then PS1 pretty much destroyed him since he didn't know the stage. Now he does.), but then I killed myself (at 0% if I remember correctly. I ran out of jumps, but since the sound was off on that TV, I didn't hear it. I should probably start counting jumps instead of relying on sound.)

I got hit by a blatant thunder from Anther because I couldn't hear it :sad:. To be fair, he was ****** me regardless. It was bad enough that he felt bad and didn't want to take my money after he won.

OS suicided twice in the first match of our MM... and still won...

I accidentally suicided threw Samurai Panda on PS1 while trying to go for a Ninja Spike, completely negating my lead.

All in all it was fun though.

Also, I was wrong, grounded hammer can work. I have never in the history of my playing Brawl hit with it until yesterday. I hit 7 times yesterday, one of which was vs Ally. Going for shieldgrabs makes them spotdodge every time you run and shield. Hammer that ****!

Yeah, basically, I am stoked and sharing to all you other Kirbies.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Uh...lol at anther not wanting to take your money.

Grounded hammer is win. Try to make them think that you'll fsmash them at higher percents when they approach you. They go in with a dash->spotdodge, too late realizing you used a grounded hammer instead and ***** the **** out of them.

Fun fact: marth's short hop footstool is the same height as his regular short hop, and someone hanging onto the edge is the same distance from you at the peek of your short hop and at the peek of your short hop footstool.

And they're Bowser.

Needless to say, he died.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Uh...lol at anther not wanting to take your money.
Anther sucks when fighting Kirby, he will switch to Lucario because Pikachu will lose. =P

Also fromundaman, who scored the hightest between you, Y.B.M. and Asdioh?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
? Anther sucks when fighting Kirby, he will switch to Lucario because Pikachu will lose. =P ?

? Also fromundaman, who scored the hightest between you, Y.B.M. and Asdioh? ?

YbM by far. He also beat us both at MMs/friendlies. Basically: Y.b.M>Asdioh>Me in this tourny.
He did okay in his brackets, though I don't remember who beat him, Asdioh made it to brackets but got knocked out quickly I believe, and I didn't even get out of pools.
(Someone has to teach me how to win. I can get most of the people I played to last stock, often last hit, but I always seem to do something stupid and kill myself, or they manage to kill me 1st.)

Anther seems to have learned the matchup (I don't say this due to his match against me, because he was so far out of my league it wasn't even funny, but because he did good against every Kirby, unlike Ally, who didn't seem to have a clue how to fight him.).

Finally, I found myself doing best against Snake and MK throughout that tourny... I think we need more of those :laugh:

EDIT: And seriously guys, PS1. You have no idea how many people attempt to punish that stone glitch, as well as how few people know little about we can do there, and when we camp the edge, they suspect Kirbicide, and never ninja spikes or suicide throws. Oh, and Dtilt pseudo-Dtilt lock and jablock infinite work very well too.
Thanks Y.b.M. for getting everyone to ban Frigate vs me!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
So...eh heh...bunny...about those friendlies that I asked for today...

I was playing Umbreon Monarchy and it was intense (not in the sense of close matches, he ***** me with his main), but he makes things intense. And then I'm like "Oh **** it's 2!" and watched the Yankees, who have a sucky manager and lost.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You want to play now? :x

Edit: ...ALMOST 2 HOURS LATER~

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So, it turns out I've gotten better vs ROB. It also turns out that I need to learn the TL and Oli matchups... really badly.
You said you got owned by Hilt's Olimar, but I played him in a moneymatch (which just turned into a bunch of friendlies) and generally beat him except for when he counterpicked Luigi's Mansion. That stage is so funny XD

I guess you just need to learn the matchup. Bait the crap out of him with Bairs right outside his range. Grab combos, get him in the air and fair/bair. Get him offstage and gimp him with Dair, Bair, Hammer, or Stone. Take his power and spam it. Just don't get grabbed :]

ROB..I didn't get to play any besides Mr. E in friendlies. I wanted to moneymatch Overswarm's ROB but he was like "johns" and didn't. :[

I still think Toon Link has the definite advantage against Kirby. Faster running/aerial speeds + mass projectiles = disadvantage for Kirby. The only time Kirby has an advantage is if he gets TL offstage.

Anther sucks when fighting Kirby, he will switch to Lucario because Pikachu will lose. =P

Also fromundaman, who scored the hightest between you, Y.B.M. and Asdioh?
Really? >_>
(note, I played Anther on wifi once, and his Pikachu beat me, then he switched to Lucario and lost the next two games lol)
But yeah, looks like I need to learn how to beat Pikachu. Or maybe I need to learn how to beat Anther. He seemed able to punish everything I did, even my safest moves. I must say though, that I didn't play too well against Anther. I kept getting hit by Thunders and crap that I saw coming a mile away.

I watched YBM playing Anther, and it was crazy. They were both on their last stock at high percents, and Anther was recovering, and YBM tried to hit him with something. Then Anther QAC'd over and around him, and killed him with Nair. Pikachu is ridiculous. I'm glad that Anther failed in the same spot I did, though :p

Anther suicided on Pictochat because he went to Quick Attack to the ledge, but that diagonal line appeared right at the same time so the ledge was no longer a "ledge" so he fell to his death.

So I was like "lololol" and turned into a Stone on that line once Anther respawned. Then I slid down with him chasing after me and I was still going "lololol" and then I fell off the edge and died. And then I was like "..."

Like I said, I didn't play my best XD Pictochat is too good though.

EDIT: And seriously guys, PS1. You have no idea how many people attempt to punish that stone glitch, as well as how few people know little about we can do there, and when we camp the edge, they suspect Kirbicide, and never ninja spikes or suicide throws. Oh, and Dtilt pseudo-Dtilt lock and jablock infinite work very well too.
Thanks Y.b.M. for getting everyone to ban Frigate vs me!
I wish PS1 was a neutral. Lylat Cruise sucks. My favorite stage list at a tourney was that one that had 9 neutrals...the regular 6 plus Delfino, Castle Siege, and Halberd. Such a good range of choices, and stage striking makes it fair.

All in all, it was a good tournament. I had fun, despite being sick and utterly exhausted. By the end of singles brackets I had to force myself to play random people, since I needed the practice but I was tired of the game by that point.

We had a random character/stage (only legal stages) tournament at Nope's house for couch dibs. I went up against a really good character named King Chaos. I got Samus against Falco on Brinstar, and since I main Brinstar (or used to :mad:) and I play Samus occasionally, I thought I could win. I got 2-stocked. I suck at Samus.

Then I got Ness against his Kirby on Rainbow Cruise. The first thing I thought was "lol I own Kirbys since I know him so well." Plus, I lose to Ness players a lot when I used Kirby (Viper :mad:) So I didn't "mulligan" (reset the match, each player gets one per set). After a little while, I realized that I suck at Ness, and I was like "oh crap we're on Rainbow Cruise" so yeah I lost again.

Overswarm's MK lost to Shugo's Sonic in the tourney loser's bracket, highlight of the day :p

I teamed with a ROB in doubles, and our first match was against my ride and another guy who rode with me -_- we beat them 2-0.

Then we went up against Ally and Yes! and yeah, that wasn't great fun. Lost first game, counterpicked Luigi's Mansion and pulled off a win, and then lost to them on FD.

Then we went against YBM and Quivo in doubles. Lost first game, counterpicked Mansion and won, and then they counterpicked PS1. It came down to me alone vs. YBM on Quivo, all on last stock at relatively high percents. I KOed YBM with a Fsmash (BECAUSE I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIM RITE?) but I couldn't beat Quivo, and got upsmashed like a noob and lost.

Then singles pools started. I could tell the day was not going to go well for me when I had to play a Diddy Kong named Count first. As soon as I found out that he played Diddy, I wanted to forfeit.

Played him on Yoshi's Island, got 2-stocked. Counterpicked Rainbow Cruise, since I knew Brinstar wouldn't change anything. I was actually ahead by a large % on our last stocks, but he somehow came back and killed me with an Upair. Dammit -_-

Next, I played YBM. I very nearly THREE STOCKED him first game. I think it was a 2-stock, I don't remember % or anything. But I was comboing the crap out of him in that game. He counterpicked Frigate, and I was ahead the whole game, until he came back on the last stock and scraped a win. Then I counterpicked Brinstar, and it wasn't even as close as it was on Frigate. This is one of the reasons I'm thinking of no longer picking Brinstar, I shouldn't lose a Kirby ditto to a Kirby that doesn't even play the stage like I do.

So yeah, that crap was lame. Then I played a Marth, and 3-stocked him the first game. It ended with a Shieldbreaker shield break to a fully-charged downward angled Fsmash kill at like 62% from near the middle of the stage. He was slightly towards the right of the stage, and for some reason I chose to Fsmash him to the left, but it worked anyway. Then next game he beat me and I was like "lolwut" and counterpicked Pictochat and beat him.

Then I played a MK and beat him. He was alright, but he did stupid crap too much. Pretty sure I beat him 2-0. I dropped a Stone directly on his Drill Rush and it went through it without hindering him in the slightest.. I'm like "yeah, that's not broken at all."

Then I faced a Zelda. Balls, that was hard. That was the first time I've played a good Zelda offline, and I beat him 2-0, but it was freaking intense, since the slightest mistake leads to you getting hit, and Zelda has tons of retardedly powerful kill moves. You just have to bait and punish though, and you can win it. I'd say this matchup is not in Zelda's favor, for now.

Oh, and then I lost to Anther 0-2. So I was 3-3 in the pool. I was seeded 4th out of 7, Anther was 1, YBM was 2, and I don't really remember who was 3rd.

Top 3 in the pools advance to brackets, and 4-5 have to go on to round 2 of pools. Round 2 had 4 people in the pools, and top 2 advance to brackets. I beat a Luigi 2-0, a Fox 2-0, and a Wolf 2-1. So I was 1st in that pool and made it to singles bracket.

Then singles bracket started. As they were announcing the player matchups, Overswarm got matched up against some other good player and people were like "Ohhh!" so I started saying "Ohhhh!" every time they announced a matchup. Then they were like "Asdioh vs. YBM" and everyone was like "OHHHH" and I was like o_O time for revenge!

So I played YBM first round of pools. He stagestriked Yoshi's Island since I owned him there last time, and I stagestriked Battlefield since he likes it and I hate it. We went to Smashville. It was close, but he had changed something about his playstyle since the first match of our day, and I couldn't beat him. Then I went to FD since I knew Brinstar wouldn't do anything for me, and it was close again, but I just couldn't get the lead this time, and I can rarely make comebacks. He did a really good job of keeping me on my toes in this match. He did the thing that works well against Kirbys: I was trying to recover from offstage, and look for an opening to attack him. He was following my aerial movement on the ground, always staying right in front of me, so that if I were to come down and attack with an aerial, I would be just short of him and he'd punish me. So yeah, it was hard to get a lead in that game, and I lost.

Then I was like T_T I can't believe I lost again. But Kirby dittos "don't prove anything" right? Hmm?

Anyway, I went up against Xisin next. A Marth player. He was extremely campy, and I lost. On Smashville and Brinstar. These matches are the only recorded ones from this tournament of me. Xisin lost in the first round of the tourney, and then went through loser's all the way to 5th place. Nice. I thought he was some random Marth, but from what I hear he's REALLY good. So I'm glad I at least lost to the 5th placer.

Kirby seriously can't beat campy Marths. I played Clowsui in friendlies around the end of the tournament, and I kept beating his Marth with relative ease. Then I was like "Kirby can't beat campy Marths" and he was like "so I should play really gay? blah I hate playing gay with Marth" and then he tried it out and beat me. And I was like -_-

Anyway, it was a good experience. I'm glad I went. Things I learned.

-I like, no, I love to use Fair. It's so freaking good. It's not as good as Bair at baiting and punishing since it's range is a little shorter, but it's good for punishing all sorts of dodges and it's extremely difficult for them to get out of Fair WoPs (or whatever you want to call repeated Fairs in the air) Plus, it keeps Bair fresh.

-I ****, **** most of my opponents in the first game of a set, or the beginning of the first game. Then they realize that they're behind, and they start playing really defensively and campy. And then I lose my advantage, and I have to space Bairs all day. And then Bair becomes stale, and I have no safe kill options. So I lose.

-Aerial hammer on an opponent's shield is really hard for most character to punish. Good stuff.

-I beat Sliq's Bowser a bunch of times in friendlies. Bowser is still pretty deadly, but I don't think I'll ever lose to a Bowser again. Last time I played Sliq was in like September, and he consistently 1-2 stocked me back then. But I've gotten way better since then, whereas he doesn't play much anymore, so those factors probably contributed to my wins.

-I played Ripple (really good DK main, have you heard of him?) in a friendly as the tournament was finishing up. He 3-stocked me, and I was like "wow, he probably thinks I suck now. I should moneymatch him so we both play more seriously" sooo we moneymatched. I think he beat me on the neutral, and then I counterpicked another neutral on him and won. Then I banned Luigi's Mansion, and he counterpicked Brinstar on me even though he knew I liked it. I won :]
It was like, the one accomplishment I made this weekend that I was proud of.

-G&W is easy to beat imo. He's just hard on wifi.

-MK is broken.

-Marth is sooo lame.

-I played like, no good Snake or MK mains in pools or brackets, and not even in friendlies. :\

-I still consider YBM and myself to be pretty much equal in skill, but with different playstyles and experiences. I assure you that if we played like 10 matches straight, it would be roughly 5-5, since that's how Kirby dittos go. You can 3-stock someone one game, and then lose to them next game. He DOES get my respect for beating Count, however, since I lost horribly to Count, whereas YBM claimed that he 3-stocked the Diddy. I want to do double Kirby team with him sometime =D

-I can't beat Diddys, still.

This post is way too long, and I can't think of much else to say. Nobody will probably read all this anyway. XD

Top Bottom