• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Count

Smash Champion
I'm creeping on the kirby forums.

Asdioh: you're a very good player. Kirby is good against diddy. Learn the matchup. I'm certainly not going to teach you though :p. I did indeed get 3 stocked by ybm, rd 1 I lost an intense match. Rd 2 I started out getting owned, and lost my head. He is very good, in my opinion.

Once you get more diddy experience I'm so scared to play you. Actually, I'm already scared. And yes, my win on RC was lucky. I don't know why I didn't ban the stage though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can't remember what you banned. I very rarely pick Rainbow Cruise, partly because everyone bans it against me (zomg a Kirby, I should ban RC!) but mostly because I don't like the stage.

You're a good Diddy though, so that's part of the reason I lost. I can probably beat some random mediocre Diddy, but as of right now I stand no chance against a Diddy main that is at least "good." I don't know how good you are since I didn't see any of your other matches, and I don't know how you did in the tourney.

However, Alphazealot disagrees. He told me to tell any Kirbys that think it's in Kirby's favor to "suck a ****."

At least, I think that's what he said XD it was a long night.

I value his opinion since he consistently places really high with Diddy. Then again there are other intelligent players who say other things about the matchup. SO I DON'T KNOW @_@

All I know is that if Diddy Kong didn't have bananas, or only had 1, then I wouldn't despise the matchup so much.

Count

Smash Champion
I can't remember what you banned. I very rarely pick Rainbow Cruise, partly because everyone bans it against me (zomg a Kirby, I should ban RC!) but mostly because I don't like the stage.

You're a good Diddy though, so that's part of the reason I lost. I can probably beat some random mediocre Diddy, but as of right now I stand no chance against a Diddy main that is at least "good." I don't know how good you are since I didn't see any of your other matches, and I don't know how you did in the tourney.

However, Alphazealot disagrees. He told me to tell any Kirbys that think it's in Kirby's favor to "suck a ****."

At least, I think that's what he said XD it was a long night.

I value his opinion since he consistently places really high with Diddy. Then again there are other intelligent players who say other things about the matchup. SO I DON'T KNOW @_@

All I know is that if Diddy Kong didn't have bananas, or only had 1, then I wouldn't despise the matchup so much.
Interesting, because probably the best diddy, ADHD, thinks kirby is our third hardest matchup! I did pretty well..I got 17th in the tourney and beat fizz and infern in brackets..lost to panda and AZ. In MMs I beat ripple, that was my most noteworthy win, I barely lost to OS and bowyer. I think I'm the second best diddy in the MW depends on if cake is better, I think I'm better than cake but not sure, it doesn't really matter. So I'm ok..obviously nowhere near AZ..look forward to playing with you again we gotta play sometime both being in Indiana.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Kirby is very good against Diddy. Kirby can **** his recovery and deal with bananas very well. You can backair and grab bananas being thrown at the same time. Dash attack is great, forward smash kills them at like 80-90, and you can rack up damage on them fairly easily when you get to them. As long as you stay patient Kirby vs Diddy is a pritty good matchup for Kirby.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
The problem most of us see with diddy is that you can't trip in the air, but you have to land eventually, and there will be a banana there when you land.

...Unless you can do the ISJR 100% of the time, in which case you have nothing to do at all in your life.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Hey are any of you Midwest Kirbys going to Kahoka Me Your Moves! I'd hate to be the only one there representing the puffball.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm not. :/

It's funny how different people think the matchup is very different. It might be because Diddy Kong is such a unique character...

So are his 2 worst matchups MK and Jigglypuff, or what?

Next time I play a Diddy I'll just plank or something. -_-

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Isn't Diddy one of the better characters for dealing with planking?
He's suppose to, but some how some people have droughts since some Kirby mains have a bad memory of when they Brawled Diddy Kong. To me, he's annoying to fight on flat stages but is simple to fight him when your in the air.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
This is a social topic, no infraction!

Anyway guys, any of you follow baseball? Well, the yankees pitcher got taken out in the second inning...so they had to use most of their back-up pitchers to get through the game. Guess who pitched the 9th inning? Nick Swisher, their first baseman.

I gave up on the game long before them (yankees having 0 to 3 runs, rays having 10 to 12), so I'm waiting for the inevitable upload to youtube.

Suspect

Smash Hero
So shuz didnt go to whobo like he said he would...no im really sad for not going and repping kirby. No kirby were there unless they were in pools and none made it out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229419

wow. "someone ban metaknight" quoted for truth. 7/8 of the top 8 mained or seconded meta. LLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLL

I searched for "kirby" and the word wasn't even mentioned on the first page, at 40 posts per page.

Sick.

Kirbys seem to do really poorly in tournaments, despite him supposedly being a really good character and tourney viable and all that. At my 92 person tourney, only 2 Kirbys made it out of pools (me and YbM) and he got 25th while I got 33rd, which is the lowest spot you can get once you make it to brackets.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229805

We really need to step it up >_>

There were at least 2 other Kirbys there: fromundaman and thekiest. Possibly others, and some people that second Kirby, but it seems like nobody used him in the tourney.

blah, mk

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I really need to go back to Smash tourney's to prove that Kirby is Jesus of Smash.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229419

wow. "someone ban metaknight" quoted for truth. 7/8 of the top 8 mained or seconded meta. LLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLL

I searched for "kirby" and the word wasn't even mentioned on the first page, at 40 posts per page.

Sick.

Kirbys seem to do really poorly in tournaments, despite him supposedly being a really good character and tourney viable and all that. At my 92 person tourney, only 2 Kirbys made it out of pools (me and YbM) and he got 25th while I got 33rd, which is the lowest spot you can get once you make it to brackets.

There were at least 2 other Kirbys there: fromundaman and thekiest. Possibly others, and some people that second Kirby, but it seems like nobody used him in the tourney.

blah, mk
IDK about a ban but... that's pretty bad. I especially like the fact that the top 2 teams were meta&meta with 5th place being the highest rank w/out a meta in the team.

:ohwell:

I really need to go back to Smash tourney's to prove that Kirby is Jesus of Smash.
:chuckle: Glad to know someone got something out of that thread. I plan on topping it next year. I'll need a mod's help to pull off what I have in mind though...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
How in the world did a kirby NOT make it out of pools...? D:

It hurts my eyes, seeing alist of over9000 players and no kirby listed there...

Suspect

Smash Hero
kirby is to easy to main, he is so simple. Reason he really has no AT's and his metagame has been done like wolf

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
He's easy to learn, but not so easy to win with.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
:chuckle: Glad to know someone got something out of that thread. I plan on topping it next year. I'll need a mod's help to pull off what I have in mind though...
lol, that thread was awesome. Anyone who missed that thread should go see it right now. XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
He's easy to learn, but not so easy to win with.
Exactly.

Just like Snake
Just like Meta Knight
Just like ...Captain Falcon?

Also, am I the only person who has trouble with Mario? That cape keeps messing me up
If you're offstage, don't use Final Cutter unless you absolutely have to.
If he's using cape predictably, just attack in the opposite direction so he'll turn you into himself.

Juggle him with Bairs and Upairs and Fairs...I dunno, I find Mario so easy @_@

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

blah, mk
Actually, I counted about 7 Kirbies there (though I don't think they all mained him). TBH though, we had some tough competition, and I don't know about you, but I seem to have trouble when it comes to actually winning in tournies. I don't really know why.
What I mean is that, other than in a few matches, I played better on Sat then I ever have before, yet against everyone got very close to winning, then ended up losing, often due to ******** mistakes.

Also, your ****** me with TL (and you weren't the only one) doesn't prove a atchup, since I literally have no experience with that matchup. That being said, I have no idea if it is or isn't in TL's favor... just don't use our match as evidence (I know you didn't, but still saying...).

Heh, I'd never played against a Mario before, and XeroXen has a good Mario, so that hurt... Funny part s, I would have done the same things in his place for the most part, but never saw it coming when he did it to me.

Asdioh, how did you manage to do Bairs without getting grabbed? Every time I did, either to hit or to bait, the only way to be low enough to hit or make him think I was trying to hit was to be in grab range, and as such I kept getting pivot grabbed. The fact that he was a better player than me didn't help either though.

Or maybe I need to learn how to beat Anther
QFT.
Anther plays very differently from any other Pikachu I've ever played, and he's also the only one I've played so far who just completely ***** me. I think we just need to learn to beat Anther.

I wanted to get a MM in vs Count, but I could never find him, and when I did he was in a match. I got to play him in doubles though. I remember his teammate ran into a ninja spike twice in the same match.

Actually, you weren't supposed to play YbM in brackets... Nope kept trying to call you guys back, but you guys weren't paying attention so he said just **** it.

Then I was like T_T I can't believe I lost again. But Kirby dittos "don't prove anything" right? Hmm?
Indeed... But he did do better than bothof us in the tourny. Does that pove anything? (And mostly, you know, you did say you'd play for the title of best in the Midwest, so meh.)

Man, Ripple destryed me. GJ though. Your matches with him were awesome.

Sliq kept 2-1 me too...

-I played like, no good Snake or MK mains in pools or brackets, and not even in friendlies. :\
I remember Iskascribble saying he or 3 stocked you, so that's one... :dizzy:

-G&W is easy to beat imo. He's just hard on wifi.
I'm guessing you didn't play NoJ?

But yeah, all in all, that was a very fun tourny, and it showed me that you an YbM both **** my ****, and I need to get better. To be fair though, I've gotten really good at the Snake and MK matchups. If only I could have faced more of those :laugh:

Count

Smash Champion
I'm stalking you guys again!

Sorry we couldn't get a MM in, next tourney were at get at me!!

Good stuff beating us in doubles, lol at the double stage spike!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I never Look at boards unless its talking about Tournies...but I guess I should start huh?
So here's my introduction *clears throat*...Hello I am Y.b.M. which stands for Young black Man...I am Part of a group Called "The God Kais"... I main Kirby...I have grown to respect all Kirby Mainers, and yes I am "the best Kirby in the Midwest....I have Placed top 5 in numerous tournaments...In doubles and In Singles. I don't like doing Kirby Dittos but I don't mind doing them. I love to learn more interesting things about this Pink thing. If anyone has any Questions or comments for me regarding Kirby and things of that sort I would happily answer them. I Have few Vids of me Against AZ since a lot of you all have trouble with Diddy. So Holla at me and let me know whats Up...Alright....This Character Discussion thing is kinda new to me...So be nice...hehehe or not...GOD KAIS!!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You bested nearly all the Midwest Kirby's, but you have yet to best me Y.b.M. offline. I know you beat me online, but offline must be different. =P

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
You bested nearly all the Midwest Kirby's, but you have yet to best me Y.b.M. offline. I know you beat me online, but offline must be different. =P
I look forward to facing you...I hope to see you at future Tournaments. And have I played you Online Before?

Hehe and Thanks Jack Frost

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Are you gonna scream "God Kais" after everything? xD.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I look forward to facing you...I hope to see you at future Tournaments. And have I played you Online Before?
Me too. =3

Also you have faced me online... three times, it was three close round but you beat me 2-1.

Top Bottom