• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ahhh...I see...I don't like Dittos but it's also a learning experience for me...you should come to the Circuit event happening in May...I think its going to be at Ohio State...

Suspect

Smash Hero
im a young black man also

im also from cleveland

but i some how got stuck in the dirty souf

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Also, your ****** me with TL (and you weren't the only one) doesn't prove a atchup, since I literally have no experience with that matchup. That being said, I have no idea if it is or isn't in TL's favor... just don't use our match as evidence (I know you didn't, but still saying...).
I wouldn't. My TL isn't that good, though I may have been playing him unusually well. I shouldn't really be winning though haha. Still, I think it's like 55:45 TL's favor ^_^

Asdioh, how did you manage to do Bairs without getting grabbed? Every time I did, either to hit or to bait, the only way to be low enough to hit or make him think I was trying to hit was to be in grab range, and as such I kept getting pivot grabbed. The fact that he was a better player than me didn't help either though.
By what character?

Mario? O_o

I dunno. Aim with the tip of the foot, and stay a reasonable distance away. I swear, I don't even know how I play anymore, I always do random stuff, which is why people get owned by me in their first match usually, until they learn me better.

Actually, you weren't supposed to play YbM in brackets... Nope kept trying to call you guys back, but you guys weren't paying attention so he said just **** it.
We paid attention, but they said it would be too much effort or something to that effect.

Indeed... But he did do better than bothof us in the tourny. Does that pove anything? (And mostly, you know, you did say you'd play for the title of best in the Midwest, so meh.)
Psh. BARELY.

And he lost to the same Lucario I lost to last time. x_x

The one that I was ONE HIT away from beating for the set. Want me to tell the whole story again?

#$%^^%

I remember Iskascribble saying he or 3 stocked you, so that's one... :dizzy:
Maybe he did...but if you remember, Ripple 3-stocked me in that friendly, and then I beat him in that set. So it might tell you a little about how I play in friendlies :p
I'm guessing you didn't play NoJ?
I beat his MK and then G&W 2-0 in pools at Lucario is Pawsome, and I played him in a single friendly after the tourney was almost over this weekend. I didn't think it was too hard. Then again, it was late as hell and we were both tired, and he doesn't really seem to like singles anyway.
You bested nearly all the Midwest Kirby's, but you have yet to best me Y.b.M. offline. I know you beat me online, but offline must be different. =P
If we're keeping track, I've played YbM 5 times.
1st was in pools at a tourney...I think the MWC championships? He beat me 2-1 in pools, and I blamed it on underestimating a wiimote user.
I beat him 2-1 in a moneymatch at Lucario is Pawsome
I beat him 2-0 on wifi lolol
He beat me 2-1 in pools
and then 2-0 in brackets at C4 Galore

He's pretty good. I can tell we both have stuff to learn from each other though.

Like he needs to stop Fsmashing so much >=(

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Kirbys seem to do really poorly in tournaments, despite him supposedly being a really good character and tourney viable and all that. At my 92 person tourney, only 2 Kirbys made it out of pools (me and YbM) and he got 25th while I got 33rd, which is the lowest spot you can get once you make it to brackets.
Since I dont go to tournies, the main (not only) thing I use to gauge my skill is my performance online...which sucks. Its frustrating because I can never seem to get past like 1750 on the AiB ladder, but then again...its not like any other kirbys can either. it just makes me wonder, if i had mained another character would I be able to make the front page? Then I tell myself kirby is better offline than online, and that i shouldnt worry about it. but then i see bad tourney results and wonder...is the difference that significant to put kirby from a mid-low tier online character to a mid-high tier character offline?

seriously, yoshi, ness, and even sonic do better than kirby online.

I have come very close to going to the WABA tournies in georgia twice now, but other than the fact I have had other things to do, I don't want to drive an hour+, pay to get into a tourney, and then lose because im using kirby. If I'm gonna go to all that trouble, I wanna win. Which is why I plan to pick up a co-main soon, to use in matches i might otherwise find unwinnable.

Right now I play kirby but right now I play this game for fun. If I'm gonna start going to tournies, i hate to say it, but expect to see me using at least one character besides kirby.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Psh. BARELY.

And he lost to the same Lucario I lost to last time. x_x

The one that I was ONE HIT away from beating for the set. Want me to tell the whole story again?
Within in 10 seconds of the match I Literally Just jumped off the edge and Killed myself. I came back and Tied the match up...But you know How Crazy strong Lucario gets...A BAMMMM there goes Kirby off the stage. The Second match he deserved to win...Cause Some how he came back on me...after I was up a Stock...But if it wasn't for that 1st match things would have been different. Tactical(the Lucario) has never beaten me in a Set before the last tournament...and Me and Him always go to the Same ones...Don't get me wrong...He's Good...But I know My worth against him and his play style. And even he will tell you that I should have won that match...But oh well hehehe....But regardless of that...You can check all my tournies and I'll let you see where I've placed in all of them, So you don't get it Confused. You say Dittos doesn't prove anything so How bout we just leave it to placings in tournaments and things of that Nature...GOD KAIS!!!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
it just makes me wonder, if i had mained another character would I be able to make the front page?
Probably, lol. Depends on the character. I'm sure you can guess which ones are good by looking at the front page.

Within in 10 seconds of the match I Literally Just jumped off the edge and Killed myself.
lol, that sucks. That happened to me against Xisin in loser's bracket though, I fastfell a Neutral Air off the stage -_-

And yeah, Lucario does get crazy strong. I beat Tactical first game in the last tourney, and then I was a stock ahead in the second game and lost because he went Super Saiyan on me. It's sooo dumb, I've been told that Lucario doesn't even do that in the Pokemon games, he just increases his speed if you make him flinch, lol.

I guess I can't deny that you're better than me right now. But just wait, if I ever find somebody to practice with, it's all over :]

How many tournaments have you been to? This was like...my 7th one. And tourneys are the only times I get to play people offline. Sigh..

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Here are the threads that have my rankings in Past tournies...In some of the threads you'll need to Scroll down to see the Results....

Midwest Circuit Championships
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216786
I got 33rd in Singles and I got 9th in Doubles

MoreHead, Kentucky
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208700&page=7
In Doubles i got 2nd and in singles I got 3rd...

Loves Last Stand
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6709361#post6709361
I got 3rd in Singles and 3rd in Doubles

University of Kentucky
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221048&page=5
I got 1st in Singles and I got 3rd in Doubles...

Lucario is Pawsome Midwest Circuit Event#1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6881248
I got 13th in Singles and 3rd in Doubles our crew came in Last in the Crew battle

C4 Galore Midwest Circuit Event#2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229805
I got 25th in Singles and 7th in Doubles

I believe those are the most recent Tournies I've Been to So you all can Do the Comparisons for me and Asdioh or any Kirby User as far as rankings Go....I'll be back on Tonight I gotta go to work for now...GOD KAIS!!!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think Marth and Dedede are excellent seconds for Kirby. You literally have no weaknesses but MK.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Are you gonna scream "God Kais" after everything? xD.
It's even better when you hear them do it in person :laugh:

Within in 10 seconds of the match I Literally Just jumped off the edge and Killed myself.
I know what you mean... I still can't believe I suicided at 0% on the second game we did (when I CPed PS1)... I mean, you would have won the set, but still, I should have had that game. *doh*

MK isn't a real weakness for Kirby, and marth's weak against snake, so there's him too if you use marth.
Except D3 is one of Snake's worst matchups, so if you use both, then you should be fine (though personally, I don't find Kirby really needs a counter for Snake... In fact, atm, that is, to me, one of the most fun matchups in the game.).

By what character?

Mario? O_o

I dunno. Aim with the tip of the foot, and stay a reasonable distance away. I swear, I don't even know how I play anymore, I always do random stuff, which is why people get owned by me in their first match usually, until they learn me better.
No, Hilt's Olimar. I was aiming for the tip too, but blue, white and yellow pikmin, and possibly red, had a farther reach, hence my problems playing him.

I beat his MK and then G&W 2-0 in pools at Lucario is Pawsome, and I played him in a single friendly after the tourney was almost over this weekend. I didn't think it was too hard. Then again, it was late as hell and we were both tired, and he doesn't really seem to like singles anyway.
Nice! I only played him along with Judge in doubles. It was kind of funny though, every time it was me vs Judge and Scribble vs NoJ (with, obviously, as much 2v1 as posible from both sides), we were doing all right, but as soon as NoJ got near me, I would get wrecked. I don't know if it's due to the character, the player, or the lack of matchup experience I have with G&W.

Like he needs to stop Fsmashing so much >=(
You know, after we talked about how often (or not, rather) Fsmash hits, I started trying to use it more in the tourny, and if used intelligently, it's really not THAT hard to hit with...

Also, YbM and Asdioh, since you were both at the same tourny, and both got to play me, and perhaps also saw me play others, how do you guys think I did considering this is only my second legit tourny? Also, other than consistency (which is a huge problem for me that I need to find a way to overcome), what would you say were my biggest problems/issues I need to work on fixing?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't approach Snake, for he'll set a wall of explosives. Just concentrate on avoiding his grenades and/or PSing them. Eventually he'll get bored and approach, usually with a Snakedash. At that point, punish and start doing strings. Don't give him time to set himself up again.

Anyway, that's been working for me. Even Ally fell into a similar pattern.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think Marth and Dedede are excellent seconds for Kirby. You literally have no weaknesses but MK.
Well, don't forget that Lucario can still be a pain when you main Kirby and King Dedede, and Zero Suit Samus can also be a pain if you main Kirby, King Dedede and Marth, still say Kirby has the advantage ****it, but other than that, your right.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm starting to agree with you Viper. It just seems like there's so many ways we can mess with ZSS...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lucario should not be a problem for Kirby.

Well, yes he should, never mind.

fromundaman, I can't really remember. I know I played your Kirby and won a lot, but I don't remember specifics. I don't remember seeing you play either :/

And the Fsmash thing might just be me personally. I like to use Dsmash or Upsmash instead, and I cringe whenever I see someone use Fsmash when their opponent is at like 20-60%.
You'd usually be better off Ftilting is all.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lmao, Lucario can't do anything to Dedede.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lucario should not be a problem for Kirby.

Well, yes he should, never mind.

fromundaman, I can't really remember. I know I played your Kirby and won a lot, but I don't remember specifics. I don't remember seeing you play either :/

And the Fsmash thing might just be me personally. I like to use Dsmash or Upsmash instead, and I cringe whenever I see someone use Fsmash when their opponent is at like 20-60%.
You'd usually be better off Ftilting is all.
Yeah... I don't think I won a single one against you actually...

Also, I can agree with that. Ftilt is awesome.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Also, YbM and Asdioh, since you were both at the same tourny, and both got to play me, and perhaps also saw me play others, how do you guys think I did considering this is only my second legit tourny? Also, other than consistency (which is a huge problem for me that I need to find a way to overcome), what would you say were my biggest problems/issues I need to work on fixing?
I can only give minimal advice cause we only played one Time...I would just say be more aggressive when playing. Honestly I was Sand bagging the first match...Because I didn't realize that you took Kirby Seriously...I thought you were just another scrub trying to Best my Kirby. The Second Match You should have won...After I saw that SD Thingy I was So Shocked that it threw me off my Game. Overall your Kirby is Nice...With more Tournament Experience you will alter your thought pattern with him when you face Different Opponents....

T-nuts

Smash Ace
hmm Asdioh I keep seeing you say you feel that G&W is not a big problem for kirby offline (online he is a ***** obviously). care to elaborate? I know the matchup thread has G&W as tough for kirby.

mainly...do i need a separate character to deal with him or is kirby capable of at least going even or 45:55 with him.

If anyone else has insight into this feel free to chip in, lol. im not gonna limit this question to just asdioh.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I can Agree with Asdioh that GW isn't a disadvantage for Kirby...Spacing and Timing of attacks are the number one Priority...Usually most G&W players spam Dair Bair...and normally Dsmash when your at Killing Percentage. don't get to excited when playing a G&W player and your Winning because his smash attacks can KO super Early....Being patient is The Key...Majority of G&W moves do Have Priority against Kirby So Ftilts Utilts and Dairs are usually the Key along with Kirbys amazing Combos...G&W is a light Character so any Directional Smash will more than Likely KO him at 85% and Up....I wouldn't Suggest low ceiling Stages as CP. Just out playing our opponent and Playing more G&W will give you a good understanding of what G&W players do to win...GOD KAIS!!!

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
Ok so tomorrow I'm going to a Tourney.
My first time going all or mostly all Kirby.
What do I keep in mind?

Help me out people.

Tell me anything and everything.
Help is appreciated.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Ok so tomorrow I'm going to a Tourney.
My first time going all or mostly all Kirby.
What do I keep in mind?
I wouldn't recommend that. @_@ But to each their own...

Be sure to practice your Snake, MK, GW, ICs, and ROB matchups. Those are the hardest ones and there's probably gonna be plenty of top tiers users there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
YbM knows what he's talking about. I've played some decent G&Ws lately and beaten them (Lou placed higher than me at this tourney and I'm 3-0 against him in tourney sets/moneymatches)

Really, I find G&W to be very predictable. Sure, 90% of his moves beat 90% of your moves head-to-head, but you will usually be able to see them coming and avoid them. You can both KO each other pretty early, and G&W has an easier time gimping Kirby than vice-versa.... I guess I'll say that on paper, G&W has the definite advantage, but in practice, if you play smart, it's definitely winnable.

I like to take his power and use it to set up combos or Fsmashes, it's too fun. Even if they Bucket it, Bucket has some lag so you can punish.

It seems to me that Kirby can combo G&W a little bit. Once you get the first hit in, followup with it and you'll be able to hit him a couple more times. He doesn't really have combo breakers like some characters do, except probably his Up B, which doesn't really hurt you or put him at an advantage. I guess I see G&W as less of a problem than MK because G&W can usually be punished for whiffing an attack, whereas MK has like no lag on any of his moves.

Kinda long response. I'll probably change my opinion if I play and lose to a G&W next tourney, lol.

YbM, didn't you lose to TofuToph in the tourney? He mains G&W right? I've never played him, but I heard he's good...how did that set go?

jc off the heezay, I don't really know what to say. I don't know what you do/don't know, I haven't seen videos of your Kirby or anything. If you want to win, space Bairs all day long. Grab your opponents, do throws and stuff. Depending on your opponent's character, you may want to Copy their power and use it against them, but not if you don't really know how to use it. Get them offstage and gimp them with Bair/Dair/Hammer/well-timed Stone.

>_> kill with Fsmash...don't use it much until your opponent is in KO range (usually 90% or higher)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yeah I played and Lost To Toph....I Effed up by playing the last stock of our last Match like a Friendly...We were both in Killing Percentages and I rushed in Like he wasn't going to defend himself and Bam Dsmash for the Win....It was 2-1 though...But he is good...Even though He was high during the tournament hahaha

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
jc off the heezay, I don't really know what to say. I don't know what you do/don't know, I haven't seen videos of your Kirby or anything. If you want to win, space Bairs all day long. Grab your opponents, do throws and stuff. Depending on your opponent's character, you may want to Copy their power and use it against them, but not if you don't really know how to use it. Get them offstage and gimp them with Bair/Dair/Hammer/well-timed Stone.

>_> kill with Fsmash...don't use it much until your opponent is in KO range (usually 90% or higher)
Well take a look. And thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jcisthebes

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'll look into it sometime, maybeh. XD

So people I was wondering. I've been wanting to make a combo video (I would probably call it "action video" since this is Brawl after all) for a while.

But I don't particularly have enough clips for a decent one.

And then I realized.

I should ask you guys for clips. What do you think? One of those collaborative combo video things. I just got real inspiration to do it, and I have a brilliant idea (which I'm not going to share just yet :p) for the intro and stuff.

I don't want to get into arguments about who should be in videos, I'm looking more for epic/smart moments within matches. Preferably offline matches, but if it's smart/epic enough on wifi that's fine.

So here's what I need to know.

1. Is this a good idea?
2. Anyone here have Dazzle or something so they can record a couple things and send it to me via email? Or do you know anyone who does?
3. If you like it, start posting here/sending me messages with matches or clips that you think should be in. I'm estimating the video will be like 8 minutes long, if I can find enough stuff.

As for the music that will be in it, I already have the two songs in mind. I think you'll like them. They're not Kirby related, but...who cares?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cFAdAp010&fmt=18 is one. I haven't played the game, but the song is sex, and that's all that matters.

The other is the song that inspired me to make an epic intro/collaborative effort. I won't give away the song until the video is out (if we make it), but here's a hint: OCremix.

Sorry, I'm excited @_@ and tired and writing essays for school lolol

edit: to get a general feel for what the intro would be like, start at 2:45 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCIyJU8MwgQ

how the song changes and it's all dramatic at the beginning and stuff.

It would be something like that, but preferably, more epic.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'd provide clips. And I know better Touhou songs than that. (=w=)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc9_x1vl86E&fmt=18 :3

Let the Kirbys decide!

in the meantime, provide me some Touhou songs that you think are combo-video-ey.

And when it comes to the song, I'd prefer something that doesn't have lyrics, unless perhaps it's in a foreign language. Also, something that will not likely be taken down for copyright infringement (lol my last combo video -_-)

I kinda wonder how that works. My video only had 2,000 something views when it was taken down. I just looked, and Izaw's "Linkaggedon" has over 100,000 views, and it has a song in it by the same band (Disturbed) but as far as I know, it hasn't had any trouble. Do you think he asked for permission?

....I'll ask him right now.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Asdioh, You've never played FFVI? :crying:

Easily one of the best in the series! Its totally worth the time if you like RPGs. (It has an opera scene in it though, so I'm kinda biased...)

By the way, what's Dazzle and more importantly is it free?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm surprised you don't know what it is.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/

I've heard it's like $50

I'm tired

I own FF 7, 8, 9, and 10. I've played some of 12, and thought it was pretty crappy compared to the others. 7 is my favorite, closely followed by 9 and then 10. I disliked almost everything about 8, and I never finished it. And I can't start a new game in it and attempt to like it because my disc 1 is scratched so bad that it always freezes up during the intro movie that you can't skip. :[
And I'm stuck somewhere on disc 3 in my save file >_> and I can't figure out wtf to do even though I have the strategy guide lol.

I'd like to play 1-6 sometime. I've heard that 6 is amazing.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Dazzle is a type of recording device.

It's free if you steal it.

FFVII>mankind

EDIT: **** my slow typing

T-nuts

Smash Ace
imo FF 7>10>8>4>6>9>1>the ones i havent played>2. 2 is so horrible lol.

did i mention 2 is horrible???

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I'm surprised you don't know what it is.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/

I've heard it's like $50

I'm tired

I own FF 7, 8, 9, and 10. I've played some of 12, and thought it was pretty crappy compared to the others. 7 is my favorite, closely followed by 9 and then 10. I disliked almost everything about 8, and I never finished it. And I can't start a new game in it and attempt to like it because my disc 1 is scratched so bad that it always freezes up during the intro movie that you can't skip. :[
And I'm stuck somewhere on disc 3 in my save file >_> and I can't figure out wtf to do even though I have the strategy guide lol.

I'd like to play 1-6 sometime. I've heard that 6 is amazing.
Sorry to hear about your disks. If I lived even REMOTELY near you I'd be willing to lend you mine. VIII wasn't the greatest, but it was a decent story. I never finished it, myself. VI, IV, VII and I are all in the "must play" category in my book.

Dazzle is a type of recording device.

It's free if you steal it.

FFVII>mankind

EDIT: **** my slow typing
lol, I don't think I'll be doing any theft for the time being. Thanks for letting me know, though. idk about VII>mankind, but it was definitely one of the highlights of the franchise.

Top Bottom