• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
So I had a pretty good experience with Kirby once I got the hang of him down a bit. Fresh Fsmashes are disgustingly good killers. Only thing I noticed was that sometimes Kirby would randomly land on stage unable to move or whatever. I figured it was RCO, but like... it would happen after up bs on stage. Does it not carry over unless I land without doing an action, Wario doesn't really have this issue, so I haven't noticed?
Yeah, that's phantom lag. Any time you use Hammer or cutter in the air its going to happen. Theoretically you can get rid of it if you use an aerial before landing, but that hasn't been confirmed. I'm planning on doing some testing to see what cancels it and what doesn't and post it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Fresh Fsmashes are disgustingly good killers.
Bah, coming from a Wario.

OLOL IASA AND SUPERARMOR FRAMES LOOLLOLL

Only thing I noticed was that sometimes Kirby would randomly land on stage unable to move or whatever. I figured it was RCO, but like... it would happen after up bs on stage. Does it not carry over unless I land without doing an action, Wario doesn't really have this issue, so I haven't noticed?
Wait.

>_>

Wait.

Kirby gets lag from Final Cutter?

So like, you use Final Cutter onstage.

Then the next time you land, you get lag?

I thought I tested Final Cutter, but maybe that was on the ledge. I don't remember it getting lag on the ledge.

Grounded Hammer, Aerial Hammer, and Stone all give you RCO (whatever the HELL RCO stands for, I looked it up once on the Ganon boards because they were talking about it everywhere, and of course I couldn't find it)

I assume RCO is the same thing as the "triple jump glitch" or "phantom lag" but I don't know what the acronym means. "Phantom
X
Lag" is the best term I've heard for it.

Anyway, dammit that's stupid if FC gives you lag. :mad:

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Ah, my bad! FC doesn't carry phantom lag, just Hammer and Stone. As for my statement that aerials cancel out phantom lag... its partially true. It takes a bit less than 1 second to recover from normal PL, but if you perform an aerial and land before the move is over, you can move faster than if you simply land. The amount of lag seems to vary depending on when you land during the aerial... There were times where the lag was horrendous (same as normal PL) and once or twice where there simply was none. :confused: It would be great if someone with the frame by frame hack would test this out to see what frames of aerials cancel out PL. The most successful aerial seems to be nair, with bair in a close second. All this is theory from looking at the clock on slow-brawl, so without a frame by frame analysis I can't be sure.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Final Cutter doesn't carry phantom lag, but phantom lag isn't dispelled when you land with cutter, which is probably what you've been seeing (lol it should, because landing takes 3x as long with the cutter). If you land with an aerial you take that aerial's lag instead of the phantom lag...according to t1mmy, the only way to completely kill phantom lag is to lose a stock.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What you're talking about is probably what happened, lion. Dang, that seems like some poor programming. I can't think of any other character that suffers from Phantom Lag after their specials that isn't from sweetspotting ledges :\

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Landing with Nair eliminates this lag. I now do empty SH Nairs after almost every special I use.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yea...I can IMAGINE that MAYBE, just MAYBE that phantom lag was programmed in so that you couldn't eliminate landing lag by grabbing the ledge...but it's stupid...stone? GROUNDED hammer? I guess the programmers were all in the bar now known as "Where Tripping Started."

Fromundaman, that's because nair actually doesn't autocancel. If you slow down the time in training to 1/4th, you'll see that one of his stubs is stuck for a fraction of a second.

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
I know that D3 is good vs snake, notice how I only mentioned marth. UmbreonMonarchy's snake is fun to play...in the "no time to think" sort of sense. Srsly, I can't read him because I'm too busy avoiding all the assplosions.
I'm broken.

Anyways, hi.

Don't approach Snake, for he'll set a wall of explosives. Just concentrate on avoiding his grenades and/or PSing them. Eventually he'll get bored and approach, usually with a Snakedash. At that point, punish and start doing strings. Don't give him time to set himself up again.

Anyway, that's been working for me. Even Ally fell into a similar pattern.
I'll literally stand in one place, throwing Grenades, and wait for you to approach. I have patience like that. If the timer runs out, mission accomplished.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ally is the only Snake that Gives me a Challenge...Every other Snake Player is so Easy to read....That's why I Rarely lose to them...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's not entirely true, I mean, the Snake will be running into a lot of Fsmashes.
Kind of like playing Wifike.

Also, he never said there weren't any other good Snake players besides Ally. Ally's just the only one that gives him trouble.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've had more trouble against other Snakes than I did against Ally >_>

Maybe he wasn't trying very hard, but certain playstyles/experience can make it harder. From what I understand, Ally doesn't like the Kirby matchup very much. Some of the other Snakes I've played aren't as good as Ally, but have more Kirby experience. Like I recently played Smash64 in a tournament, and he started using Snake not long ago. I beat him the first game, but after that I couldn't pull it off. Maybe it's because YbM is in his crew so he has plenty of Kirby experience...

And YbM plays this guy regularly so he has plenty of Snake experience...

*insert usual complaint about lack of practice partners here*

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
It's exactly as Straked Says. I've played some Really good Snakes...Nope(Mholtz) has a Good one, and My Teammate Smash 64 has a good one. But IMO they are easy to read...And Ally has a very unpredictable kind of play style that I can't quite understand as of yet...I've played him sand bagging and Seriously....He's good...I almost defeated him When he played seriously...Guess I'll get him at the Next Tournament.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I have to deal with Hot_ArmS on my next tourney, and I seen how good his Snake is. x_x

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Really? I guess he must be cake easy offline since he hasn't shown in a tourney for a while. =P

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I beat Hot_ArmS meta knight on the AiB ladder once. But then I found out he mains Snake :/
They're both pretty freaking hard to beat on wifi anyway.

And I teamed with him in a doubles online tourney. It was pretty epic, we went double Falcon until we lost a set, and then we went double Falcon first game of a set and stayed with it unless we lost.

As Kirby/Snake we didn't lose any matches.

Then he randomly went MK one game and we lost :[

In other news, I played some Brawl this weekend at my house, woohoo! I got to play on ProjectileFi as well.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i'm pretty gud

Anyway, I'm getting started on that combined kirby combo video thingy. If you guys have clip suggestions let me know.

Too bad my computer sucks so much that I won't be able to tell if the video looks good until it's finished and put on youtube ^_^

also, I'm doing an intro that is somewhat "cinematic" so I'll need someone with a capture device to help me record like 15 seconds of Brawl video, most likely. PM me if you're interested

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
ummmm....I'd say me...but i'm not known like chu...So if he never existed I'd be the best, Agreed?........*crowd responds*Agreed!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
so who's the best kirby? and the second best kirby? whats the popular opinion on the boards here
There is no best Kirby, there's only the most popular or most well known Kirby that can kick *** in tourneys. And I have no idea what's the most popular opinion in the Kirby boards and I've been here before Brawl came out, lol.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I've heard very, very good things about a player named MogX, though i barely hear anyone here talk about him. if not him i would have to say percon maybe? Of course gonzo is well known too, and Asdioh, Y.B.M. and Sheermadness all have good tourney placings. Then theres other kirbys I've heard are good like Viper, Triple R, and Kawaii Bunny. lol, yeah, there is no definitive number 2 kirby.

I wonder how I would place if I played an offline tourney? I feel like its pretty difficult for me to rank myself due to my lack of tourney experience.

EDIT: Hat?...were you chu's partner in a doubles tourney once? your name seems familiar...

Suspect

Smash Hero
****. well i guess we'll all have to look at apex results to see who's the second best kirby =0
not all kirbys will be at apex so no
ummmm....I'd say me...but i'm not known like chu...So if he never existed I'd be the best, Agreed?
no
There is no best Kirby, there's only the most popular or most well known Kirby that can kick *** in tourneys. And I have no idea what's the most popular opinion in the Kirby boards and I've been here before Brawl came out, lol.
now this i agree with

and from what i have seen alot of kirbys are claiming to be good due to wifi...a whole nother world compared to offline and going to tournies.

To be honest i think Texas has some of the best kirbys (not the best, some of the best) Infinity, Me, Shuz, Gnes...im missing one person.. >_>

Triple R

Smash Lord
There are sooooooooooooooooooooo many kirbies lol. We should all just self proclaim we are all second best. Sounds like the most logical thing to me ;)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
As far as my ego, I'll say I'm the best Kirby in MI, but I won't say I have the best Kirby in Midwest yet because I have yet to Brawl some Kirby mains that live around there, and of course I can't say I'm the best in the US because I don't travel to tourney's in another state unless I'm going on a trip somewhere near the tournament, lol.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hehe well Since I'm so Confident...I'm saying I'm the best in The Midwest hehehe...Haven't been proved wrong yet so...RAAAAAA!!!

Top Bottom