• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Literally, our egos became so big, we started making up things.

I don't think you'd want to do that. Bunny had to step in to make us all stop arguing. If you want to cause another blemish to our boards, by all means, go ahead ;).

I think we'd be much more mature about it though. We all know each other to a basis that we're all friends ^_^.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'm the only best Kirby in my town, and since my town is in the US, it might be representative of the entire country. That means I'm the best Kirby in the US. Kewkky's not bad either.

...On a serious note, why would we want power rankings? To boost our already-large egos?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Literally, our egos became so big, we started making up things.
That's honestly quite sad.

If you based the PR completely around tournament results using some sort of system with tournament attendees and entry fee or whatnot, there'd be no question, tournament result-wise, of who's been the dominant Kirby at that time. This means that you'd change up the rankings every few months or so.

It avoids bias because it uses tournament results as the only evidence. Sure, there can be an incredible Kirby, but if he's not going to tournaments and getting great placings, then he just won't be ranked.

The point isn't to put who deserves to be on the list, on the list, based off of personal experience and bias. The point would be to put people on the list solely based off of tournament results.

As long as you are all mature enough to understand that tournament results alone are not the end-all-be-all of who's "the best", then it should go along just fine.

Too bad the Sonic boards are full of lazy, whiny children, so we can't do one without some sort of conflict, lol.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Ooohhh... That's gonna leave a mark...

So uh... what do we talk about now?

And I have 2 questions.

1) What's my post count in here? Nobody answered me...
2) What's so bad about these game review sites that have pooled all the hate away from me?

And I watched Kewwky's trailer.

Kewwk used a Full Restore!

Tatie's (long story) hype is now full!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hm...>_> if that's how it was last time, that's shameful.

And I already explained what PRs do; if you aren't the top, you should feel inspired, or at least competitively driven, to be the top. If you are at the top, you wanna remain the top so you strive to maintain that status. PRs are just there to fuel competition. I realize not everyone here can be unbiased, but I'm sure everyone here can be mature (if not, you can be ignored).

Besides!!! I was just asking to gauge a general opinion.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Kirby power rankings? If we do them, it gives the kirby boards something to do and argue about lol. Power rankings usually do help people get a little motivation to get better. I would agree to just do it on mostly tournament placings. Kinda sucks if the person lives in the middle of nowhere, but what are you going to do....

C~Dog

Smash Champion
A Kirby PR is not going to be nearly a useful for inspiring improvement as a PR in each individuals region is. You can't really gauge you respectively skill levels as Kirby mains unless any two players attend the same tournament/s. Whereas if the other people on the PR are from the same region and attend the same tourneys as you, you can have a consistent reference for your skill level.

@NKN - NO U

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Just beat Clair! Raikou, Dewgong, Pidgeot and Typhlosion took care of Gyarados and the two Dragonites. I was sure Kingdra would kick my ***, but then I remembered I had Wobbuffet in my party. I mirror coated her hyper beam xD off to Dragon's Den!

Also, I'm going to make my 6th party member a Dratini, not a Raticate. I was too bored to get Raticate up to Lvl. 40...

PR could encourage us to play more...or it could be a waste of our time. Idunno.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I don't like anyone below me. They are not awesome enough for my ego's standards.

Edit: I can haz Lvl. 7 Dratini! I wish I'd brought my Raticate along (it knows Hyper Fang/Super Fang, whichever cuts the HP in half). I used like 7 ultra balls to catch it >.> . Exp. Share no Jutsu!

Edit2: I can get one with extremespeed for answering questions correctly that's level 15. FML.
...If I can stand it, I guess I'll train both of them.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Haha, apparently Ally, Alphazealot, Havok, Lain, and Ook have all posted here.

Also, I'm in the top 10

Woot, considering nearly all of you have been around here more than me. I'll be up to 8 soon enough. Unless our former mod pays us a visit, that is. Respect to bunny tho.

FUN FACT: Tiersie hates me (again), A1, Viper, Kewkky, Fromundaman, Nick, Asdioh (don't expect him to hold his place for long), Ladybug, Bunny, Nyx Avatar (who is that?) and technically Shao.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Hmm, thought I posted less often here. I guess I would, if I knew more about the competitive terminology.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
How does everyone feel about power rankings (either all of smashboards, individual character boards, or regional boards). Just a general feeling about them if you guys wouldn't mind.
My results disappeared, along with SmashPR... We moved to a new website, so I have to start bringing in new results... And also, Fromundaman is the only other Kirby to have seen me played more than one match in a row, and so has aextreme73... Too bad that @ Pound4, I used more ZS than Kirby during friendlies, and Kirby only during the tourney, otherwise I could've gotten some more recognition. :/

Hmm, thought I posted less often here. I guess I would, if I knew more about the competitive terminology.
With terminology:

"So during the match, I kept doing SHFFLfairs and tippered an fsmash to take a stock".

Now, with no terminology...

"So during the match, I kept doing short-hopped fast-falled forward air anti-lag thing with the L button while you're landing, then hit my opponent with a forward smash attack at the tip to take a stock".

Uhh... So I was gonna say terminology isn't important, but the message is more than two-times longer if there's no terms. :|

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since my internet is back, I can finally update my stage guide and help with the match up's. =D

I'll support after I catch up with my anime. x_x

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Nyx Avatar (Suspect) is from San Antonio, now in Guam. He doesn't play as Kirby like...ever, but he does play Brawl still.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Nyx Avatar is Suspect, an ex-Kirby main(?). He played Kirby and Luigi. But I don't know if he plays anymore.
>_> Nyx Avatar (Suspect) is from San Antonio, now in Guam. He doesn't play as Kirby like...ever, but he does play Brawl still.
Im not in Guam anymore, im still in San Antonio. Also, yea i dropped Kirby. I play luigi and diddy kong

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
>My Computer
>Drive C:
>WINDOWS
>Media
>onestop.mid

Don't question why.

JUST DO IT.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
How does everyone feel about power rankings (either all of smashboards, individual character boards, or regional boards). Just a general feeling about them if you guys wouldn't mind.
Here's the main problem with PRs: No matter what you do, they're going to be subjective. In the end, they are all biased in some way.

Wait, why did it fail?
Everybody is the best.

That's honestly quite sad.

If you based the PR completely around tournament results using some sort of system with tournament attendees and entry fee or whatnot, there'd be no question, tournament result-wise, of who's been the dominant Kirby at that time. This means that you'd change up the rankings every few months or so.

It avoids bias because it uses tournament results as the only evidence. Sure, there can be an incredible Kirby, but if he's not going to tournaments and getting great placings, then he just won't be ranked.

The point isn't to put who deserves to be on the list, on the list, based off of personal experience and bias. The point would be to put people on the list solely based off of tournament results.

As long as you are all mature enough to understand that tournament results alone are not the end-all-be-all of who's "the best", then it should go along just fine.

Too bad the Sonic boards are full of lazy, whiny children, so we can't do one without some sort of conflict, lol.
A Kirby PR is not going to be nearly a useful for inspiring improvement as a PR in each individuals region is. You can't really gauge you respectively skill levels as Kirby mains unless any two players attend the same tournament/s. Whereas if the other people on the PR are from the same region and attend the same tourneys as you, you can have a consistent reference for your skill level.

@NKN - NO U
The problem is, brackets aren't the same from one tournament to the next, and some regions are much harder than others.

Also, when YbM and Chudat attended the same tournaments, that caused even more controversy because one of their brackets has always been harder than the other. For example, at last year's Apex I think it was, YbM had an easier bracket, so everyone argued that him outplacing Chu meant nothing, whereas at Pound this year the opposite happened.

Post count for this thread can be found here.
Wow guys, step it up. How am I 4th? I always reply to like 8-10 posts at a time with one gigantic one, effectively decreasing the number of posts I make.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
HOLY **** I CAUGHT LUGIA AND BEAT THE E4.

Lugia was mad easy to catch. It took me like 3 ultra balls to do it. Victory Road was easy too, and so was my rival...I didn't honestly think I could beat the E4, but the first 3 were mad easy and the fourth wasn't too bad (although I avoided saving all the way through). My Dewgong gained like 10 levels and took down all 3 of his Dragonites w/Aurora Beam...thank you NKN for suggesting I use him xD . On the S.S. Anne, my Dragonite's Lvl. 35...I was worried about going in with a Dragonite which couldn't fight instead of Entei, but he's still impossible to catch. I had to use a ton of Full Restores and stuff to beat Lance.

...Good times.

Top Bottom