• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lee Martin plays MK? :/

YbM beat Bloodcross, then lost to ADHD (Diddy) and Sanoscy (MK?)
Chudat beat Xzax (probably MK?), beat DEHF (Falco) lost to Judge (MK) .... uh I'm looking at this http://i47.tinypic.com/2rfpz01.jpg
apparently Ladybug is more updated than this, it doesn't even show if Chudat played Sanoscy (MK?) or HAT (???) yet. But apparently he beat that person and then lost to Lee Martin.

why is MK not banned?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
33. neo, Pierce, zucco, mikey lenetia, boss, takeover, hyro, jash, bloodcross, junebug, stingers, omni, y.b.m., dapuffster, smash64, jtails
25. Bizkit, ling ling, infern angelis, xmax, dmbrandon, atomsk
17. Dekar, candy, co18, Hunger, fatal, dekar, djlskascribble, alpha zealot, candy, sanoscy
13. Dehf, vex kasrani, malcolm, chudat
9. Seibrik

That's all I got so far.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
A better idea would be to add THIS rule:

"""If someone exceeds XX ledgegrabs, then they are disqualified. A requisite for this rule is to have proof of the ledgegrabs (results screen) and witnesses. However, if the limit is broken and there was no intention of 'planking' or 'stalling' (such as Samus' ledgehopped missile spam, or continuous ledgehopped edgeguards...), then the players are not disqualified and the set continues uninterrupted."""
Sounds like a plan, but what if that hypothetical Samus was planking for a short period without breaking the limit, but towards the end of the match began using ledgehopped missiles and went over the limit? Or the other way around? Keep in mind that I've never been to nor hosted a live smash tournament, so I'm not very savvy when it comes to official rulesets and what not.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Sounds like a plan, but what if that hypothetical Samus was planking for a short period without breaking the limit, but towards the end of the match began using ledgehopped missiles and went over the limit? Or the other way around? Keep in mind that I've never been to nor hosted a live smash tournament, so I'm not very savvy when it comes to official rulesets and what not.
Then a discussion opens between both players and their witnesses. If everyone admits he/she was planking, then the match wil be resolved.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Hey! My tournaments are run -very- well. I make sure the atmosphere is more like a fest than a tournament. It makes it more fun and relaxed... And we always finish on time. :)

I'm trying to hold one this summer. Like a -huge- one. Y'all should come. We could have one of those dinners like the peach players did. :D
Lee told me ur house is really legit. I'm still trying to find a new job before august but by then I can travel more freely anyway.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Edited that huge picture. >_> Sorry about the wait. Was kinda not here.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ally had to play like 5-6 MKs in a row. Or at least, MK 5-6 times in a row. Something like that.
He had to play Ksizzle twice, lost 2-0 first time, won 3-2 second time, last hit last stock last game.

Ally vs M2k in loser's finals, winner plays ADHD in grand finals.

I want ADHD to win the tourney. Apparently ADHD beats M2k, M2k beats Ally, and Ally beats ADHD. XD

Also, ban mk plz kthxbai

edit: yeah stream died when m2k vs ally started, that's why i posted this.
apparently they cut the power or something... lol CoT4 all over again?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Lee told me ur house is really legit. I'm still trying to find a new job before august but by then I can travel more freely anyway.
Yeah, I held one at my house. It was a lot of fun. Haha. Most of them are at the club house at my apt, which isn't a bad location. It's got some nice space to it. I really hope you can come some time. :)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Stream's back but noone's playing. And we hear stuff in the background but who knows.

It's more entertaining with all the people going "I just got a text from the venue (insert funny stuff here)"

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I want to watch my matches vs Seibrik, he saved all our replays, as well as my matches against Pierce7d. I want to see the one I beat Seibrik at and see what I did to win. I know I played very well on that match, I was looking for his patterns and found a lot, then capitalized on all of them... Lost anyway, but that match made my day.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Chu vs DEHF was the last match I saw before I went back to the hotel to sleep... I've had body aches since day 1 cuz of all the adjusting to the cold from a warmer environment, and I'm tired as hell... I may not have gotten out of pools, but I got to play lots of people both top players and non-tops, met a buttload of people who said that I was "legendary", got myself complimented a lot because of my Kirby and ZSS (but mostly my Kirby since I used it against top players more than ZSS), and witnessed HDL vs USA numerous times... It was all awesome.

I have to say though, how the tourney was run... It was horrible. TOs and the seeding + disqualifying people for no reason practically, trashbags everywhere, practically no friendlies (I had to sneak some in by lurking tourney matches until they ended, then start matches against CPUs and spam ZSS's usmash @ battlefield... People randomly came up to me and asked me for friendlies), and one of the TOs (apparently Tantalus) was an *******. How would you guys feel if you came out-of-country, payed roughly $600-$700 bucks to come to USA to this huge tourney that was going on and had lots of expectations, had lots of admirers watching your every move, start a doubles match (Excel_Zero+LingLing vs Ksizzle+Zucco)... And end up getting planked, timed out, and the TO doesn't do anything about it? Hell... The TO said "Planking isn't against the rules" and we showed him the Pound4 rules' page and it said it clearly, then he said "You don't have any proof of it" and we showed him the match's recording and ledgegrabs attempted (over 100), then he said "The rule was a typo" and made us all facepalm... Before his last statement, he said that Zero and Ling could do another match to decide the winner, but then he took it back and practically told them "**** off", leaving them out of the tourney... Tantalus is a huge *******, all the puertorricans and a couple of americans wanted to bash his head in.
Wait a sec, was it ksizzle who was planking and was Zucco fighting 1v2 as lucario?
If so, lol that's "Anubis strategy" for ya!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Hey Asdioh, MK isn't banned because people can beat him with other characters without losing a vital organ in the process, the sooner you realize this, the less annoying you'll be.

Derp.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Wait a sec, was it ksizzle who was planking and was Zucco fighting 1v2 as lucario?
If so, lol that's "Anubis strategy" for ya!
Yep, you got it! They ended up running the timer out on Zero and Ling... Man, that was a *****. We used a lot of hard-earned money to get to USA and rep PR like we did at Genesis (but better), and ending up losing to gay-*** strategies after all that saving-up, then the TO being a huge son of a ***** and not doing anything (Seriously, Tantalus [?] is an *******)... That was NOT the best tourney experience of our lives.

Zucco

Smash Master
yall MAD!!!!!!!!!! I accept the fact that all PR is going to hate me cause im a jerk but o well.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I don't see how anyone can find brawl more fun to watch than melee. Seriously, (maybe with the exception of watching chudat)
Hey! My tournaments are run -very- well. I make sure the atmosphere is more like a fest than a tournament. It makes it more fun and relaxed... And we always finish on time. :)

I'm trying to hold one this summer. Like a -huge- one. Y'all should come. We could have one of those dinners like the peach players did. :D
Fly me in :chuckle: You know it's worth it :p

Edit: Full results Pound4
1: ADHD (Diddy)
2: Mew2King '(MK)
3: Ally (MK/Snake)
4: KSizzle (MK/Lucario)
5: Shadow 111 (MK/Wario)
5: Judge (MK/Wario?)
7: Havok (MK/Marth?)
7: Logic (Olimar)
9: Lee Martin (MK/Lucario)
9: Seibrik (MK)
9: Ninjalink (Diddy/ROB?)
9: lain (ICs/D3?)
13: ChuDat (Kirby)
13: Malcolm (Wario/Sonic))
13: Vex Kasrani (Bowser/D3)
13: DEHF (Falco)
17: co18 (D3)
17: Sanoscy (MK)
17: Candy (Snake)
17: AlphaZealot (Diddy)
17: Djiskascribble (MK?)
17: Dekar (Diddy)
17: Fatal (Snake)
17: Hunger (Wario?)
25: Atomsk
25: HAT
25: dmbrandon
25: Cable
25: Xzax
25: Infern Angelis
25: Ling Ling
25: Pierce
33: jtails
33: Smash64
33: Dapuffster
33: Y.b.M.
33: Omni
33: Stingers
33: Junebug
33: Bloodcross
33: Jash
33: Hyro
33: Takeover
33: Boss
33: Mikey Lenetia
33: Zucco
33: Bizkit
33: NEO

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
yall MAD!!!!!!!!!! I accept the fact that all PR is going to hate me cause im a jerk but o well.

I've always wanted to do that...now I feel complete...I figured ADHD's Diddy won, when I saw it playing, it was being scary good..

Of course, I've seen nothing but Diddies, Snakes, and Metas yesterday :/. I may have seen a Falco or two..

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yep, you got it! They ended up running the timer out on Zero and Ling... Man, that was a *****. We used a lot of hard-earned money to get to USA and rep PR like we did at Genesis (but better), and ending up losing to gay-*** strategies after all that saving-up, then the TO being a huge son of a ***** and not doing anything (Seriously, Tantalus [?] is an *******)... That was NOT the best tourney experience of our lives.
Next time, CP them to Brinstar, that gets rid of planking real quick (if they don't ban it).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Annnnnnnnnd that's why they had Melee friendlies over Brawl singles.

Derp.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Man, why did Falcon come back again?

Let's point out the fact that they had Jigglypuff dittos in Melee grand finals which were boring as hell to watch, to get him to stfu.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Let's point out pretty much everything in Brawl manages to be slower and more boring than Jigglypuff dittos.

I like how people can't figure out why I'm here even after I pretty much already said why like twice.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I believe the reason why you are here, and I quote, "YOU MAD"

Was there even a Falcon in Pound 4, and did it even get past round one?
It's for the lulz, try a bit harder next time you troll.

Falcon for Brawl or Melee? If you mean Brawl and they did get past round one, they deserve 10 bucks and whoever lost to them needs to get hit in the face with a brick.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I for one like falcon.

Also I must agree that the high level playstyles in America have gone beyond gay, I mean giving stalling below the stage a name just signifies that you're doing something wrong. WHile the timer in melee is more of a formality in Brawl it's like a motivation "oh great guys 1 more minute and the timer runs out! lets see if we can make it by playing even more gay! I'd rather watch melee over that any day.

Also I despise the fact that American brawlers actually need medication to stay on top of their game. Apparantly lots of them take ritalin and other medication to "help them concentrate" That's just not ok.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
It's for the lulz, try a bit harder next time you troll.

Falcon for Brawl or Melee? If you mean Brawl and they did get past round one, they deserve 10 bucks and whoever lost to them needs to get hit in the face with a brick.
Oh yeah, I did say that, my mistake :lick:. And trolling? I didn't think I had it in me to do something like that :ohwell:.

And I did mean Brawl, my mistake...

I for one like falcon.
Apparantly lots of them take ritalin and other medication to "help them concentrate" That's just not ok.
Good lord, it looks like the drugs have reached to videogames now. Soon, we will be seeing people taking steriods just so that they can "mash buttons effectively."

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'd like to note I'm not being an *** because anyone here likes Brawl, it's just the constant complaining that MK should be banned and Brawl singles should be shown despite the fact that everyone seems to admit people play way the **** gay just irritates the **** out of me.

@Asdioh: Of course Melee has boring matches as well, but if you really want to try telling me Brawl singles were more exciting than a good majority of the Melee friendlies, you're insane.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Either way, I don't want to watch Melee FRIENDLIES over ACTUAL MATCHES for the game I actually play. I realize Melee is much more exciting to watch, but friendlies are like "who cares" and actual matches are like "let's see how good this dude is/isn't" and stuff.
I could play Melee friendlies any time I want. It's better than watching them.
Tourney matches are hard to come by for me though. Especially with top players.

I didn't see any Brawl Kirbys play. I guess Chu vs Dehf was on the stream, but I had the misfortune of working at that time. All I saw later on was MKs, Snakes, and Diddys.
Those obviously aren't Melee friendlies, and I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

I just lost three straight matches on AiB ladder. Lost to Marth/Pikachu. First game I went PS1 and got ***** by Marth, or more accurately, ***** by wifi. I just gave up at the end of my second stock because I dodged/shielded an absurd number of attacks, and got hit anyway because of wifi. I obviously should have warmed up beforehand.
Then I cped FD and won.
Then he went FD and Pikachu against me and won. It was pretty close, but Pikachu has a projectile and Kirby doesn't. And even when Kirby DOES get a projectile he tends to get it knocked out of him really quickly, fkdslajf.

Then I lost to a GANONDORF. His name's DLA and he's really good, like 6-1 with GANONDORF on the ladder right now, but come on, if beating every Ganon I've played offline, and yet losing to tons of them on wifi, doesn't prove how ******** wifi is, then I don't know what does.

Then I lost to a generic MK.

I like how Fsmash beats Tornado, unless the MK is smart enough to do it just high enough that it doesn't go through it so you just end up getting hit by Tornado anyway.
And I like how Shuttle Loop makes sense.

/johnjohn

no but rly, predictable MKs, on my wifi? It's more likely than you think.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My point was that it's being shown because it's more exciting, and complaining about it does nothing for anyone.

**** wifi. And **** how not great Kirby is. If I actually wanted to make money in Brawl, I wouldn't play Kirby, because he is sorely out classed.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's too bad Kirby is not great. lol. Glad you can see that.
The only top tier character he's decent against is Falco.
MK and Snake **** his eyeballs out, and anyone that doesn't see that is in denial.

But Kirby should NOT lose to Ganondorf. God dammit, sakurwifi.

http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=39162

And in case you guys think I complain about every single match I lose on wifi, I don't. I compliment players that I can tell are legitimately good, win or lose, and I facepalm at the ones that are blatantly wifi. Win or lose. >_>

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If IC's didn't exist I'd take Kirby 3,000 times more seriously. Sure Snake and Marth are gay as **** *I just see MK as a better Kirby, but not THAT bad* but IC's just make him a 'lol' character to me. I really wish Brawl had n64 physics, Kirby would **** that ****.

Top Bottom