• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I would in fact love for him to name search this in fact. Inui can baww all he wants, doesn't change the fact that this is the most exciting news I've ever heard in relation to Brawl LOL.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow, poor Chu got SCREWED in Melee, lol.

PC Chris is there? I haven't heard anything about him in a long time...
Scar losing both his matches ...

....eh, I only know a lot of these people by name, I don't even know what character half of t hem play.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yea, m2k got knocked to losers already by hungerbox.

I'm angry about the Kirby situation, but PR players should be angrier: only chu and YbM got out of pools, and if they win first round the play DEHF and ADHD (respectively). On the other hand, only one PR player made it out of pools overall (brawl), and if he wins this round he has to face m2k.

I hate plank. >:O

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Yeah, the reason a lot of this happens is because most tourney runners like melee better and hold brawl simply because it helps pay for the venue. I still find that ridiculous-Melee FRIENDLIES!?!? While pool matches are going on. Now I'm starting to realize why people get annoyed over these large-scale tourneys. That's why I'm doing only brawl this summer at TaterFest 2010. (name subject to change). But good luck in teams, Kewkky, hope they show the brawl doubles.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yeah, the reason a lot of this happens is because most tourney runners like melee better and hold brawl simply because it helps pay for the venue. I still find that ridiculous-Melee FRIENDLIES!?!?
Yes, people would rather watch an exciting friendlies match than a campy Brawl singles match, stop being surprised by this before my eyes bleed out from how foolish you people are being.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
YBM to play ADHD.

Edit: Chu vs DEHF on livestream!

1-0 DEHF (FD).

1-1, Chu CPs Delfino and barely manages to get the win. DEHF CPs smashville.

Chu takes a huge lead first stock, DEHF is gaining it back slowly though...

Chu takes a stock off DEHF and kirby only has 60%....

Chu has 70% lead, both on second stock...

Kirby 1 stock, DEHF 2 stocks with 150+...

Chu 30, DEHF 0.

Chu is planking while down over 100%...

AND CHU HAS ****ING WON! COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY, GONZO COMBOED HIM, BAIRED HIM OFFSTAGE, THEN BAIR STAGESPIKED HIM. CHU WINS 2-1, CHU ****ING WINS 2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chu was at 150% in serious danger of being JV 2-stocked when he pulled off that ****. Oh.My.God.

Chu faces judge next, whom he has already beaten in pools.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Nah, my pool was too hard... I tried playing it smart and being the last in my pool to play so I could see how everyone else played like, but it wasn;t enough to beat Seibrik (1-2 his MK) nor Pierce (0-2)... I also lost against FoNz cuz I decided to go full Kirby instead of CP'ing ZSS right off the bat, I can space and pressure better with ZSS, rather than bait and punish with Kirby... So yeah, my pool was pretty hard for pure Kirby.

I've been playing a lot of people around and getting veeery positive feedback, Seibrik and Snakeee were extremely surprised at how I handle MKs. Seibrik even admitted that he had to dair camp me to beat me cuz I was too crazy... So, even though I didn't make it out of pools, I'm still getting some recognition (which is what I wanted) and meeting new people! And it's okay if in my first OoC tourney I don't make it out of pools, I'm still learning valuable stuff like how USA's general playstyle is like and also meeting new people...

And I'm finally feeling this kind of cold for the first time! Even with gloves, my fingers freeze and get all sluggish, hell my lips are chapped! I hope it snows! :lick:
A lot of us from PR actually wanted to go to Pound4 cuz it's winter and we wanted to see snow for the first time and have fun as a group for our last weekend of holiday vacation

PS: Some random guy saw me playing and said "I think YOU'RE the best Kirby"! I personally think that both YbM and Chu are pretty **** good, but the title of "best kirby" is still pretty hard to pinpoint on someone... I saw both YbM and Chu playing in person (finally), and they do a lot of stuff that I used to do (and still do)... Just by watching both of them, I can't really point out who the best Kirby is. : /

And I'm hyped with ZSS! YbM is gonna main ZSS for a while, and I'm already maining ZSS... We're like the black-and-white versions of the same Brawl player, maining the same characters, staying in the same room number in different hotels (215), and somethingelsethatIforgotthatwasawesometoo. :D
Good ****, regardless of where you placed

WANTED to see snow? I can understand if it's for the first time, but you sorta get sick of it after a while (except when it brings snow days along with it :D)

Pound 4 may be a huge event, but it sounds like it's terribly run. Around when they started brawl, I heard in the background "anyone playing brawl get here in 10 seconds or get DQ'd," which I'm guessing is part of what you described.

I'm also slightly confused how anyone could think drunk Inui was a good idea.
Well, from the begining it seemed as though Pound 4 was run with Melee in mind...all the hype was on teh Melee side, and this why they got like 150 more people and 2 more rounds of pools on that side

Touché.

10touchés
ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 ALT-130 éh?

[é]éééééééééééééééééé i love alt-130 and i dont know why[/é]

EDIT: first stock first match against larry chu dies at like 240
2nd at 211

EDITEDIT: 3rd at 140
cps to delfino

E3: chu gets a huge lead game 2, larry brings it back, chu wins with a dsmash last stock both 150%+

E4: game 3 smashville chu in teh lead

E5: HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT Larry brings it back, has chu at 140 or something on his last stock, larry is at 0, chu ****ING 0-DEATHS HIM ENDING IN A STAGE SPIKE FOR THE WIN

E6: fthrow uair dthrow utilt (space to dodge the dair that larry hit him out of this combo like 10 times at this point) bair (larry accidentally airdodges off this stage) bair stage spike
ybm, on the livestream in teams now

E7: it was friendlies

A1lion835

Smash Champion
OMG I asked the commentator to say hi to YbM from me and he did because I said please :D .

GOD KAIS!

Ooh...YbM 2-stocked by ADHD first game on SV. CPing FO.

YbM got a hammer kill on ADHD :D .

Tied at 0% last stock...

AND HE GETS ADHD WITH AN FSMASH, TIED AT 1-1. ADHD CPs to BF.

YbM a stock down...

YbM 2-stocked by ADHD, knocked to losers.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Chu vs DEHF was the last match I saw before I went back to the hotel to sleep... I've had body aches since day 1 cuz of all the adjusting to the cold from a warmer environment, and I'm tired as hell... I may not have gotten out of pools, but I got to play lots of people both top players and non-tops, met a buttload of people who said that I was "legendary", got myself complimented a lot because of my Kirby and ZSS (but mostly my Kirby since I used it against top players more than ZSS), and witnessed HDL vs USA numerous times... It was all awesome.

I have to say though, how the tourney was run... It was horrible. TOs and the seeding + disqualifying people for no reason practically, trashbags everywhere, practically no friendlies (I had to sneak some in by lurking tourney matches until they ended, then start matches against CPUs and spam ZSS's usmash @ battlefield... People randomly came up to me and asked me for friendlies), and one of the TOs (apparently Tantalus) was an *******. How would you guys feel if you came out-of-country, payed roughly $600-$700 bucks to come to USA to this huge tourney that was going on and had lots of expectations, had lots of admirers watching your every move, start a doubles match (Excel_Zero+LingLing vs Ksizzle+Zucco)... And end up getting planked, timed out, and the TO doesn't do anything about it? Hell... The TO said "Planking isn't against the rules" and we showed him the Pound4 rules' page and it said it clearly, then he said "You don't have any proof of it" and we showed him the match's recording and ledgegrabs attempted (over 100), then he said "The rule was a typo" and made us all facepalm... Before his last statement, he said that Zero and Ling could do another match to decide the winner, but then he took it back and practically told them "**** off", leaving them out of the tourney... Tantalus is a huge *******, all the puertorricans and a couple of americans wanted to bash his head in.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Yes I've heard a lot about the crappy seeding in this tournament, with al lot of overly hard pools compeensated by happy go lucky pools.

ALso I heard and saw that plank gave himself a suspiciouslyeasy pools and bracket, which is just low. I mean come on. Also I hear that a lot of people are getting DQ'd over NOTHING. which just sucks I can understand Inui's ban but people that turn off the match 1 second too late? SERIOUSLY?

ANyway I hear a lot of AMerican tourney's are not that well run, COme to Europe for a really good tournament experience.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yes I've heard a lot about the crappy seeding in this tournament, with al lot of overly hard pools compeensated by happy go lucky pools.

ALso I heard and saw that plank gave himself a suspiciouslyeasy pools and bracket, which is just low. I mean come on. Also I hear that a lot of people are getting DQ'd over NOTHING. which just sucks I can understand Inui's ban but people that turn off the match 1 second too late? SERIOUSLY?

ANyway I hear a lot of AMerican tourney's are not that well run, COme to Europe for a really good tournament experience.
"Pound 4: Welcome to the best tournament experience of your lives!" my ***. :mad:

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
"Pound 4: Welcome to the best tournament experience of your lives!" my ***. :mad:
The livechat and commentary makes me more afraid to go to tournaments xD.
I'm only afraid of meeting the people there, after things that have happened in pound 4, I don't know if I ever want to go to one.

The moment the take off slow mode, everyone's spamming and the stream crashes.. I saw A1 again too :).

And yeah, Kewkky is awesome.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm also leaving tomorrow and I never got to see a snowy day... That's one of my dreams. Everytime I go to USA on some sort of vacation during winter, it never snows... :(:(:(:(:urg: *is sad*

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Chu vs DEHF was the last match I saw before I went back to the hotel to sleep... I've had body aches since day 1 cuz of all the adjusting to the cold from a warmer environment, and I'm tired as hell... I may not have gotten out of pools, but I got to play lots of people both top players and non-tops, met a buttload of people who said that I was "legendary", got myself complimented a lot because of my Kirby and ZSS (but mostly my Kirby since I used it against top players more than ZSS), and witnessed HDL vs USA numerous times... It was all awesome.
Nice, that sounds awesome :D . I'm glad there was some fun mixed in...

Kewkky said:
I have to say though, how the tourney was run... It was horrible. TOs and the seeding + disqualifying people for no reason practically, trashbags everywhere, practically no friendlies (I had to sneak some in by lurking tourney matches until they ended, then start matches against CPUs and spam ZSS's usmash @ battlefield... People randomly came up to me and asked me for friendlies), and one of the TOs (apparently Tantalus) was an *******. How would you guys feel if you came out-of-country, payed roughly $600-$700 bucks to come to USA to this huge tourney that was going on and had lots of expectations, had lots of admirers watching your every move, start a doubles match (Excel_Zero+LingLing vs Ksizzle+Zucco)... And end up getting planked, timed out, and the TO doesn't do anything about it? Hell... The TO said "Planking isn't against the rules" and we showed him the Pound4 rules' page and it said it clearly, then he said "You don't have any proof of it" and we showed him the match's recording and ledgegrabs attempted (over 100), then he said "The rule was a typo" and made us all facepalm... Before his last statement, he said that Zero and Ling could do another match to decide the winner, but then he took it back and practically told them "**** off", leaving them out of the tourney... Tantalus is a huge *******, all the puertorricans and a couple of americans wanted to bash his head in.
Wow, that really, REALLY sucks. I'm sorry.

And while Plank may have gotten easy pools, I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt (I personally think he did it intentionally) about this. If the brackets happened to fall like that, he shouldn't have to redo it to make it less unfair for him. But yea, he probably did it intentionally.

Although, if he got easy pools, I'd expect him to make it to brackets, and according to this (old brackets), he's not in brackets.

That planking situation sucks terribly. They'd probably say "Well, we can't take care of everything at such a large tournament," but that's no excuse for being a total *******. This is definitely not going to make foreigners frequent customers :/ .

On a happy note, I've started brawling again after a break of something like 3 months of break, and it's AMAZING.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Oh, and is there a recording of Chu vs DEHF, even the people in the results thread are talking about it, I wanna see some ACTION!! :mad:

And Kewkky, sorry about your bad tourney experience and lack of snow, there's a little patch next to my driveway, I'll mail it to you, k?

At least I know what mistakes not to make at TaterFest 2010

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Hey! My tournaments are run -very- well. I make sure the atmosphere is more like a fest than a tournament. It makes it more fun and relaxed... And we always finish on time. :)

I'm trying to hold one this summer. Like a -huge- one. Y'all should come. We could have one of those dinners like the peach players did. :D

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Hey! My tournaments are run -very- well. I make sure the atmosphere is more like a fest than a tournament. It makes it more fun and relaxed... And we always finish on time. :)

I'm trying to hold one this summer. Like a -huge- one. Y'all should come. We could have one of those dinners like the peach players did. :D
And anyone here near PA can come to mine! :chuckle:

Also, I'm considering putting a restriction rather than a ban on MK saying that you can only use him once in a set, try to get some more variety.

What do you guys think?

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek

During the summer? Maybe I could come...That sounds kinda scary though, going to another state when I'm still young myself :rolleyes:. I should be able to drive up there though, I'll come for sure ^_^.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And anyone here near PA can come to mine! :chuckle:

Also, I'm considering putting a restriction rather than a ban on MK saying that you can only use him once in a set, try to get some more variety.

What do you guys think?
A better idea would be to add THIS rule:

"""If someone exceeds XX ledgegrabs, then they are disqualified. A requisite for this rule is to have proof of the ledgegrabs (results screen) and witnesses. However, if the limit is broken and there was no intention of 'planking' or 'stalling' (such as Samus' ledgehopped missile spam, or continuous ledgehopped edgeguards...), then the players are not disqualified and the set continues uninterrupted."""

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm sorry, but BARELY beating the best/one of the best Falcos (who apparently doesn't know how to SDI the Gonzo Combo in 2010 *facepalm*) is hard to compare to losing to freaking ADHD. :s

Is YbM knocked out of loser's already? I haven't heard anything...

Anyway, gooo Chudaaaat I'm sick of seeing MKs, Snakes, and Diddys on the stream (that is literally ALL I've seen, though I haven't been watching for terribly long)

annnnd yeah Kewkky that freaking sucks.

:urg:

Top Bottom