• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Ladybug

Smash Lord
This is my first txt update from my friend at Pound: "Lmfao!!!! All the brawlers got **** faced last night and plank took alot of heat from the hotels. Inui got disqualified from brawl right before pools start!"

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I hope all the Kirby's did. :D

Although I've never had a hangover issue... So maybe he had fun but doesn't have those kinds of problems when you wake up.

EDIT: Big news: m2k and jman are disqualified in melee doubles. Jman is AT THE HOTEL SLEEPING. M2k is extremely upset.

Holy **** that's crazy!!!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Pound 4. It's crazy.

Jman showed up and tried to argue with plank but he said "nope, you guys don't get to play. You weren't here." M2K and Jman are DQ'ed from Melee doubles. :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow, people are ********.

"I'm going to spend the weekend competing for huge sums of money, and sleep will be a hard issue.

I know, I'll get wasted! Alcohol is so appealing that I can't last one weekend without it, even though all this money (and a bit of my reputation) is on the line!"

And that is why I don't drink.

God the human race fails.
Speaking of which, I wonder how much crap's going to get stolen this weekend. :\

Tiersie

Smash Ace

"I'm going to spend the weekend competing for huge sums of money, and sleep will be a hard issue.

I know, I'll get wasted! Alcohol is so appealing that I can't last one weekend without it, even though all this money (and a bit of my reputation) is on the line!"

Speaking of which, I wonder how much crap's going to get stolen this weekend. :\
I feel bad for the people who get stuff stolen by random ****tards that go to tournaments only to steal equipment

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek

If I had to make an assumption, even clothes will be lost during this weekend, based on what's going on.

I feel bad for the people who get stuff stolen by random ****tards that go to tournaments only to steal equipment
Let's not forget about the trollings that go on there. After all, people have been DQ'd here.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Yea, Inui apparently was drunk and punched someone in the face, so he got DQ'd.
FALCON PUNCH!

instead of DQ'ing him, they should force him to play as falcon for the rest of the tourney. takes away his chances of winning but lets him keep showing his moves.

jokes aside, how do you get mad/drunk enough that you punch someone over a friendly video game match? or are we talking money match or melee tourney or something?

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
FALCON PUNCH!

instead of DQ'ing him, they should force him to play as falcon for the rest of the tourney. takes away his chances of winning but lets him keep showing his moves.

jokes aside, how do you get mad/drunk enough that you punch someone over a friendly video game match? or are we talking money match or melee tourney or something?
Whoever plays Captian Falcon should instantly win
Money would be a good reason to pawnch someone
You can screw the rules with money
and Brawl has pawnching involved, so naturally, people would be influenced by it if they were drunk ;).

EDIT: I find it weird how the Forum title has yet to have been changed.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I wish I could watch it. Stupid "smart" phone and it's lack of smart. >.< Does anyone know how Y.B.M., Fromundaman, or Kwekky is doing?

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
I wish I could watch it. Stupid "smart" phone and it's lack of smart. >.< Does anyone know how Y.B.M., Fromundaman, or Kwekky is doing?
I do not know. I'm watching melee people play melee
I think the brawl people play tomorrow
, I haven't heard anything from any of them :/

I'll go open up Live Chat again and see if I can figure out what's going on.

As A1 said, there's nothing but Melee friendlies.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
There's actually melee teams semis Mango+Lucky vs Silent Specter+Darkrain. Chu+Vidjo got knocked to loser's semis.

As for our Kirby friends, AiB has no results posted (or entrants, for that matter) for brawl singles and no brawl has been streamed. So we have no clue what the crap is happening to them.

And I love YGOTAS. :D

Edit: Chu and Vidjo have not yet been eliminated from losers. Mostly getting my info from the commentators on the stream (http://pound2.vgbootcamp.com/, for anyone who doesn't have it).

Edit2: Chu is ******. IMO, the best way to describe it (as a commentator said):

"Chu is bad at dying."

Nana can die at 50%, but chu just says "F that ****" and survives until 200 anyway.

Edit3: Commentators were just talking about how awesome the stream was when it hit its viewer cap (1000) and froze. Irony win?

Edit4: Chu+Vidjo is winning 2-0 or 2-1 in loser's semis right now.

Edit5: I did not see Ninja Kirby Nick in the chat. :(

Edit6: And chu has lost. :(

Edit7: Double falcon vs mango and lucky in grand finals about to happen. Go marshmallow!

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
And I thought Chu was doing insanely awesome.

I was there when everyone was saying CHUSA CHU-SA and that shizz :').

EDIT: I saw A1 in Live chat xD

My name is ScrewTheRules, everyone and A1 :).

The live chat is in slow mode-RAAAAGE. And the stream keeps on freezing up on us
Especially after a Falcon Pawnch

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The slow mode is a good idea, but SIXTY seconds between chat inputs? Seriously, that's crap.

It's been Melee all day, huh? That sucks :/
kinda. melee's more fun to watch, but I want to see SOME brawl.

I played AiB ladder all day today. Finally passed 1500 points.
I suck so bad at least on wifi
I beat one of the Peaches I lost to yesterday though.

I think the only pure-Kirby that's higher placed than me is Falln, and if I remember correctly he just stands at the edge of the stage and Kirbycides most of the time. -.-

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Inui punched a fool in the face? Wow I am so glad I logged on to read that today, that really made my day. I think it's really ****ing stupid how **** faced people get before tourneys, you're supposed to do that stuff AFTER THE BIG EVENT, SMART ****S.

That being said, supposedly Mango won Genesis on a hangover so eh.

Edit:Oh, and the reason they were showing Melee friendlies over Brawl pools is because Melee isn't boring as dog **** to watch.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
Lee martin[mk],lain[ic/ddd],cable[dk]
Ninjalink[???],kool-aid[pit],lingling[ddd]
Shadow[mk?],omni[mk], smash64[???]
Ally[snake/mk],puffster[diddy/mk?],dmbrandon[mk]
Ksizzle[mk/lucario], havok,[mk] junebug[lucario/mk]
Dekar[diddy],neo[marth], hunger[wario]
Co18[ddd], dj scribbles[???], hyro[tl]
M2k[mk], ybm[kirby], sanoscy[mk?]
Seibrik[mk], hat[mk?],bloodcross[falco/mk]

All these people made it to brawl bracket. Brawl teams has already started
1 kirby made it out =P

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Just ybm?! I thought there would be at least two Kirbys to make it out. Oh well, go ybm. ^_^ ♥

A1lion835

Smash Champion
WHAT?! That can't be right! First of all Chu had a good chance of getting out (unless he decided to just play more melee >.>), I know he entered brawl singles. Second, I thought Kewkky would make it out... :( .

Are we sure that's everyone who got out, or just pools that have been resolved so far? That post wasn't exactly clear.

Regardless, good luck to YbM and all other kirbies who are still in! :)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah, my pool was too hard... I tried playing it smart and being the last in my pool to play so I could see how everyone else played like, but it wasn;t enough to beat Seibrik (1-2 his MK) nor Pierce (0-2)... I also lost against FoNz cuz I decided to go full Kirby instead of CP'ing ZSS right off the bat, I can space and pressure better with ZSS, rather than bait and punish with Kirby... So yeah, my pool was pretty hard for pure Kirby.

I've been playing a lot of people around and getting veeery positive feedback, Seibrik and Snakeee were extremely surprised at how I handle MKs. Seibrik even admitted that he had to dair camp me to beat me cuz I was too crazy... So, even though I didn't make it out of pools, I'm still getting some recognition (which is what I wanted) and meeting new people! And it's okay if in my first OoC tourney I don't make it out of pools, I'm still learning valuable stuff like how USA's general playstyle is like and also meeting new people...

And I'm finally feeling this kind of cold for the first time! Even with gloves, my fingers freeze and get all sluggish, hell my lips are chapped! I hope it snows! :lick:
A lot of us from PR actually wanted to go to Pound4 cuz it's winter and we wanted to see snow for the first time and have fun as a group for our last weekend of holiday vacation

PS: Some random guy saw me playing and said "I think YOU'RE the best Kirby"! I personally think that both YbM and Chu are pretty **** good, but the title of "best kirby" is still pretty hard to pinpoint on someone... I saw both YbM and Chu playing in person (finally), and they do a lot of stuff that I used to do (and still do)... Just by watching both of them, I can't really point out who the best Kirby is. : /

And I'm hyped with ZSS! YbM is gonna main ZSS for a while, and I'm already maining ZSS... We're like the black-and-white versions of the same Brawl player, maining the same characters, staying in the same room number in different hotels (215), and somethingelsethatIforgotthatwasawesometoo. :D

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Nah, my pool was too hard... I tried playing it smart and being the last in my pool to play so I could see how everyone else played like, but it wasn;t enough to beat Seibrik (1-2 his MK) nor Pierce (0-2)... I also lost against FoNz cuz I decided to go full Kirby instead of CP'ing ZSS right off the bat, I can space and pressure better with ZSS, rather than bait and punish with Kirby... So yeah, my pool was pretty hard for pure Kirby.

I've been playing a lot of people around and getting veeery positive feedback, Seibrik and Snakeee were extremely surprised at how I handle MKs. Seibrik even admitted that he had to dair camp me to beat me cuz I was too crazy... So, even though I didn't make it out of pools, I'm still getting some recognition (which is what I wanted) and meeting new people! And it's okay if in my first OoC tourney I don't make it out of pools, I'm still learning valuable stuff like how USA's general playstyle is like and also meeting new people...

And I'm finally feeling this kind of cold for the first time! Even with gloves, my fingers freeze and get all sluggish, hell my lips are chapped! I hope it snows! :lick:
A lot of us from PR actually wanted to go to Pound4 cuz it's winter and we wanted to see snow for the first time and have fun as a group for our last weekend of holiday vacation

PS: Some random guy saw me playing and said "I think YOU'RE the best Kirby"! I personally think that both YbM and Chu are pretty **** good, but the title of "best kirby" is still pretty hard to pinpoint on someone... I saw both YbM and Chu playing in person (finally), and they do a lot of stuff that I used to do (and still do)... Just by watching both of them, I can't really point out who the best Kirby is. : /

And I'm hyped with ZSS! YbM is gonna main ZSS for a while, and I'm already maining ZSS... We're like the black-and-white versions of the same Brawl player, maining the same characters, staying in the same room number in different hotels (215), and somethingelsethatIforgotthatwasawesometoo. :D
ahh good try man, congrats even taking a game off of seibrik, and getting recognized. im sure youll only improve from here.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

What did Fonz play as? Good job anyway.

And :urg: @ "I had to dair camp you because it would've been too hard otherwise"
Basically means "This matchup is still unwinnable for Kirby because I always have options to beat you"

:(

0-2 against Pierce huh? Let's see people say Marth doesn't have the advantage some moar! :mad:

Hopefully there is some Brawl on the stream tomorrow, I'm tired of being left in the dark.

Good luck and have fun to whoever else is still playing!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If only I had an easier pool... Ah well, if I find myself saying 'I wish I had an easier pool so I could pass', it's the same as saying 'I'm not skilled enough to win', so I'll just hush up and play smarter next time, as in... Trust in both my mains instead of only one. ZSS goes near even with Marth for example, and also has tons of ways to beat dair camping/beat up Lucario.

A1lion835

Smash Champion

GJ doing everything you did! Glad Pound 4 is so much fun for you :D . I know what it feels like when there's a ton of snow and I can play outside...if I'd never played in the snow before, I can't even imagine how awesome it would be. Hope you have a ton of snow tomorrow :D .

Good luck and more fun to everyone there!

I wish chu had beaten mango though...

Also, apparently a team arrived just after m2k and jman (jman overslept melee teams and they got DQ'd) and were allowed to enter in losers brackets as if they had lost their first set. So it seems plank just didn't want m2k and jman to win singles. :/

Edit:

The fact that you people were upset that they'd rather show Melee, and that people would rather play Melee makes me want to puke a bit.

Oh yay, Teran and Straked left me profile comments, I smell trollbait! :D
I was upset that they would rather show random melee friendlies (some of which were just people playing CPUs while waiting) than brawl pools. I wanted to see brawl pools more than melee friendlies because kewkky, YbM, fromundaman and others were playing games and I wanted to learn how they turned out less than a year after they'd happened (and before you tell me to look at the AiB event for Pound 4, no one's bothered to even post who's participating in brawl events).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The fact that you people were upset that they'd rather show Melee, and that people would rather play Melee makes me want to puke a bit.

Oh yay, Teran and Straked left me profile comments, I smell trollbait! :D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So I just heard from a reliable source PIank (to avoid namesearch) DQ'd people in Brawl Teams because they didn't 'show up', when in actuality everyone was there but no one could understand the muffled mic... AND he also started 1st round of Brawl Teams when a lot of people were tired as hell (10:00pm roughly? That's a stupid time to start Teams, people've been there since like 8:00am and they're tired, like all the PR crew!)... Plus a little bonus, he messed around with the seeding whenever people got DQ'd, even when the tourney was still going in. : /

I hope I make it far in Teams, I've been playing great and losing early here would be very disappointing for me.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
So I just heard from a reliable source PIank (to avoid namesearch) DQ'd people in Brawl Teams because they didn't 'show up', when in actuality everyone was there but no one could understand the muffled mic... AND he also started 1st round of Brawl Teams when a lot of people were tired as hell (10:00pm roughly? That's a stupid time to start Teams, people've been there since like 8:00am and they're tired, like all the PR crew!)... Plus a little bonus, he messed around with the seeding whenever people got DQ'd, even when the tourney was still going in. : /

I hope I make it far in Teams, I've been playing great and losing early here would be very disappointing for me.
Did you see Inui punch Orion?

A1lion835

Smash Champion

Pound 4 may be a huge event, but it sounds like it's terribly run. Around when they started brawl, I heard in the background "anyone playing brawl get here in 10 seconds or get DQ'd," which I'm guessing is part of what you described.

I'm also slightly confused how anyone could think drunk Inui was a good idea.

Top Bottom