• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't get it.

And I'd rather play ICs than MK, because they're a joke once they're separated. If only you could separate MK from his sword :/

/lame joke kinda

*will watch Chu's match later, must lose more AiB matches first*
I've gone ONLY Kirby on AiB this season, btw.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
All you can do vs IC's is space bairs, and if they grab you you ****ing die. You just gotta trade hits and try to read MK. It's not like it's impossible to hit him or get a grab on him.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Snake/MK ain't THAT bad. Hell, while I was in Maryland, I never lost to any Snakes I played in friendlies/pools, and the second-best matches for me were MKs. Hell, me and Snakeee had a couple of friendlies (like 6-7) where he used MK only, and I never lost once (no disrespect to Snakeee, I'm sure he's fairly new to MK, I was reading him like a book).

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I don't get it.

And I'd rather play ICs than MK, because they're a joke once they're separated. If only you could separate MK from his sword :/

/lame joke kinda

*will watch Chu's match later, must lose more AiB matches first*
I've gone ONLY Kirby on AiB this season, btw.
Correction: You're the only GOOD Kirby on AiB this season

Even though some people say I'm good, a loss record like mine makes that hard to believe...

Also I watched Chudat's 2nd match

The ending was FI_I(I<1/\/6 RAEP (not to be vulgar, but DAYUM!!)

And you guys said the Gonzo Combo wasn't useful anymore

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Also I despise the fact that American brawlers actually need medication to stay on top of their game. Apparantly lots of them take ritalin and other medication to "help them concentrate" That's just not ok.
Nothing wrong with that, there's this guy at my college that sells aderol for outrageous prices but people buy it it since it helps them concentrate.

edit: MK is no doubt harder than IC. L2space and you won't get grabbed. L2dair and you can separate them. L2notapproach and they **** you up close.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I went like 1-9 on the ladder today, with my only win being against Tater :p who didn't give me any points.
Wifi ***** me so hard, and my opponents mostly used different characters.
Terrible day for me, so I went and practiced Roy in Melee since Kirby is unusable.

It was fun!

I still don't know how to (meteor) spike with Roy though :/ not that it matters much

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So I went like 1-9 on the ladder today, with my only win being against Tater :p who didn't give me any points.
Wifi ***** me so hard, and my opponents mostly used different characters.
Terrible day for me, so I went and practiced Roy in Melee since Kirby is unusable.

It was fun!

I still don't know how to (meteor) spike with Roy though :/ not that it matters much
since Roy's power is in the center of his blade they have to basically be inside of your bady to get hit by the spiking hitbox. Basically never happens.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
The meteor smash hitbox is at Roy's body or hand. Not the sword (WTF?). Its basically useless xD

Anyway, so I finally got New Super Mario Bros. Wii the other day. The worlds are quite easy. Well except for world 6 and up. Koopalings are a pushover. Yet its very fun. I haven't beat yet. I just started at world 7. Im pretty lazy at the moment.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ok I'm watching Chu vs DEHF now.
I didn't see what happened for most of 2nd match (obviously) but the end was intense. Too bad DEHF didn't know to DI into Kirby to get out of the jablock against the wall >_>

And too bad he took 51% from not SDI-ing in the beginning of the second game.
And too bad Chu freaking tripped so much, sigh.
DEHF got really predictable under pressure though.
Oh, right after I unpaused Falco tripped into Kirby's Ftilt. lol -.-

... the end was dumb. Everyone's like "OHHHH" because Kirby got a grab, which shouldn't do much, but either lack of knowledge or too many nerves caused Falco to get comboed.

And then the freaking video lags so I couldn't see the stagespike. Probably because so many people were talking in the chat at one momemt >_>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Should I skip jury duty next time I get a mail to go? It cost me three days with no sleep, I don't even feel like looking back on the pages to even see how the Kirby's performed in Pound 4 of crack.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Should I skip jury duty next time I get a mail to go? It cost me three days with no sleep, I don't even feel like looking back on the pages to even see how the Kirby's performed in Pound 4 of crack.
Chu is an awesome Kirby, but lost to Judge. There weren't any Melee Kirbies on livestream
Because Kirby sucks :(
. I spent nearly 10 hours of my life watching Snakes, Diddies, and MKs fight.

Pound 4 has inspired me to pick up on Melee again, even though I suck at it now :/.

Why do people always complain about jury duty, btw? I'm naturally too young to do that, but, I always wanted to see what it was like :ohwell:.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What above post?

On a side note that is somewhat strangely related, I'm reading 12 Angry Men right now in school. Makes it look like jury duty is fuuuuuuuuun.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Jury Duty is basically the government interrupting your normally scheduled life to make you take at least one day to serve them for pennies on the hour. The trouble with Jury Duty is that every workplace and university is willing to excuse you to participate in it. Jobs give you leave w/o pay and schools will reschedule anything important you may have had (tests, papers, etc.). It's incredibly boring.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Because if you don't go, you go to jail unless it's like school or something.

And cases can take forever

and you could be recalled for the same case.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And the funny thing about jury duty is, what if you're someone who doesn't give a **** about if the person on trial gets the right sentence or not, and you just want to gtfo?

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
And the funny thing about jury duty is, what if you're someone who doesn't give a **** about if the person on trial gets the right sentence or not, and you just want to gtfo?
I had been called in for jury duty for a capital murder case. The way i got out of it was just by simply saying: I am not for death. I cant be responsible for putting this guy to death row no matter what happens. My religion forbids it in every way. TBH i could give a **** if he died or not, but the trial was supposed to be like a full year or something. No thanks O_o

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@Terios - I'm pretty sure it's Ruckus.

And si, at first, only 1 person would stand by his beliefs about the case. Everybody else was either thinking letsvoteandgtfoofhere, or was too much of a tool/wimp to speak up/stand alone.
I look forward to jury duty in the future, get at me.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Kewkky it was nice meeting you... Too bad we didn't get in enough friendlies, all the dang on Tv's were being used up *sigh*... But we still had a fun Crew Battle against PR... I'm angry you didn't make it out of pools...even though pools were pretty tough.. 2nd round of Pools were WAY more tougher though. I wanted to tell you to switch to ZSS but I couldn't, since Fonzz is from my State and we had to Rep our State.

Ummm, I hope many people saw my match on Live Stream against Adhd, even though he ***** me (no homo)... I'm happy I took a game off of him though, but he is a really good player...

It was Nice meeting Gonzo, he is a great person and a great player...that's a rare combination...

I also take my hat off to Chudat, his Kirby is really good and he was on fire at the tournament, and Impressed me a lot... It's funny how we both got 1st seed and 2nd seed in our Pools... Even though he out placed me...

I don't understand How I'm ranked 33rd with the same person I defeated 1st round.. I won 1 match in brackets and he didn't win any, I felt I at least should have gotten 25th. I didn't really do that well, I should have taken a break after the Match wit Adhd cause I wasn't thinking straight and I lost to the same person that I 2-0'd in pools.... But it was a fun tournament, 2 Kirby Mains made it into brackets compared to the endless MK mains that were in the top 10.

Meeting so many cool people and great smashers was really satisfying...I enjoyed myself a lot... So now I plan on becoming one of the best Zero Suit Samus Players, starting with the Midwest. Kirby is my primary but I gotta let my Secondary get warmed up. I'm still learning a lot and breaking punishable bad habits....

My next National is this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409 I expect to see most of you Kirby Peeps there if you can attend... This tournament is going to be the best of this year more than Likely... All the God Kais will be in attendance and the experience there outside of Brawl is going to 2nd to none.. So come out and enjoy yourselves with the Midwest...

Here's the Link to the Matches I had with Adhd... WARNING- The sound for the second link is really EFFed up, alteast it is for me...So turn OFF your sound. or get ear *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEbbxg-9x8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oykan4YX0wQ

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So does that mean no rematch 4?
We can friendly if you want, you have some learning to do my good sir. I've played 98490580 Kirby dittos so I'm kind of used to it by now.

I had been called in for jury duty for a capital murder case. The way i got out of it was just by simply saying: I am not for death. I cant be responsible for putting this guy to death row no matter what happens. My religion forbids it in every way. TBH i could give a **** if he died or not, but the trial was supposed to be like a full year or something. No thanks O_o

I'm just glad I haven't had this happen to me yet :/

YbM, why did first seeds in round 1 pools even have to play in round 2 pools? wtf?
There were some first seeders that didn't even make it out of round two pools because of ridiculously stacked odds.
I think.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Kewkky it was nice meeting you... Too bad we didn't get in enough friendlies, all the dang on Tv's were being used up *sigh*... But we still had a fun Crew Battle against PR... I'm angry you didn't make it out of pools...even though pools were pretty tough.. 2nd round of Pools were WAY more tougher though. I wanted to tell you to switch to ZSS but I couldn't, since Fonzz is from my State and we had to Rep our State.

Ummm, I hope many people saw my match on Live Stream against Adhd, even though he ***** me (no homo)... I'm happy I took a game off of him though, but he is a really good player...

It was Nice meeting Gonzo, he is a great person and a great player...that's a rare combination...

I also take my hat off to Chudat, his Kirby is really good and he was on fire at the tournament, and Impressed me a lot... It's funny how we both got 1st seed and 2nd seed in our Pools... Even though he out placed me...

I don't understand How I'm ranked 33rd with the same person I defeated 1st round.. I won 1 match in brackets and he didn't win any, I felt I at least should have gotten 25th. I didn't really do that well, I should have taken a break after the Match wit Adhd cause I wasn't thinking straight and I lost to the same person that I 2-0'd in pools.... But it was a fun tournament, 2 Kirby Mains made it into brackets compared to the endless MK mains that were in the top 10.

Meeting so many cool people and great smashers was really satisfying...I enjoyed myself a lot... So now I plan on becoming one of the best Zero Suit Samus Players, starting with the Midwest. Kirby is my primary but I gotta let my Secondary get warmed up. I'm still learning a lot and breaking punishable bad habits....

My next National is this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409 I expect to see most of you Kirby Peeps there if you can attend... This tournament is going to be the best of this year more than Likely... All the God Kais will be in attendance and the experience there outside of Brawl is going to 2nd to none.. So come out and enjoy yourselves with the Midwest...

Here's the Link to the Matches I had with Adhd... WARNING- The sound for the second link is really EFFed up, alteast it is for me...So turn OFF your sound. or get ear *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEbbxg-9x8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oykan4YX0wQ
im going to that tourney, no doubt. thats a sexy *** venue there

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh yeah, you know it YbM! It definitely was nice meeting you and all the other God Kais that went. I'm also frustrated that I didn't make it out of pool, I also told myself afterwards to go ZSS vs Fonz, but at the stame time, was worried that I might get lolsurprisegimp'd by someone so I went full Kirby. I don't doubt that ZSS would've helped me against both Fonz and Pierce7d A LOT MORE than my Kirby did, but well, my first instincts were to avoid gimping scenarios (I've been playing LuigiMAX a lot and he's always trying to go for low% gimps cuz killing ZSS when she's at a high % is a *****).

Next huge tourney I go to though, I won't let my thoughts cloud the use of my other main, I trust that I can kick some serious *** with her like I was doing in friendlies vs lots of people (yume, kagemurphy, neverknowsbest, Nope...), as well as Kirby (Havok, Snakeee, Shadow, DjIskacribble, random snake mains...). I gotta say though, I got way more MU experience against the top tiers vs Kirby than other lower-tiered characters, expecting there to be a lot of MK/Snake/DDD/Wario/Diddies/Falco, so I didn't practice as much as I should've against others like Lucario (Fonz). In all seriousness, I never lost to a single Snake as Kirby, and only lost very few rounds against all the MK mainers I played with (like 3 rounds out of 20)... Meh, my bad and next time I'll do better, THAT'S for sure.

And Chu was on fire indeed, he was reading everyone like a book and you could see everyone playing all awkward trying to mindgame Chu, but they continued to get mind****ed. We played 3-way Kirby dittos with Poyo, then 4-way Kirby dittos with a white kirby that joined us (I forgot his tag... :(), we had a random crowd behind us for a while too. Chu is definitely a great player! Oh, and I told him that Kirby's up-angled fsmash kills way faster than non-angled and he said he saw it as situational and didn't know that it kills faster and does more damage... I hope he starts using it more now, it's definitely gonna help him vs Snakes and MKs.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
And Chu was on fire indeed, he was reading everyone like a book and you could see everyone playing all awkward trying to mindgame Chu, but they continued to get mind****ed. We played 3-way Kirby dittos with Poyo, then 4-way Kirby dittos with a white kirby that joined us (I forgot his tag... :(), we had a random crowd behind us for a while too. Chu is definitely a great player! Oh, and I told him that Kirby's up-angled fsmash kills way faster than non-angled and he said he saw it as situational and didn't know that it kills faster and does more damage... I hope he starts using it more now, it's definitely gonna help him vs Snakes and MKs.
That FFA was effing HILARIOUS! When two Kirbys 2v1 another Kirby, it only results in the funniest stuff ever!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So Chu would be a better Kirby if he paid attention to the Kirby boards? O_o

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So Chu would be a better Kirby if he paid attention to the Kirby boards? O_o
I don't doubt it, there's a couple of 'minor details' that would help him get better character skill-wise, instead of player skill-wise. Such small details may look like nothing, but boy oh boy, they help when you need them.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
There is a lot of old and recycled information around character boards. I mostly just post in GD threads for characters I like to play as. Besides I figured out the Gonzo and some combos with characters on my own as did many of you I suppose. Don't get me wrong this a great resource but imo only new players or people who are unfamiliar with a character are the people that get the most out of the character boards.

Knowing the basics and being as close to perfect as possible is what makes you a good player. knowledge is also important but reading something can only help you out so much if you can't apply it properly. Specially with a character that demands precise spacing, mindgames, zoning and that stuff. As far as the Kirby mains go I know mogX has it, Chu has it, YBM has it, IDK bout Kewk but Im sure he has it or is getting really close since I've heard great stuff about his Kirby.

I'm bummed I couldnt attend P4 Kewk and YBM seem like cool dudes. I've heard Chu is a really chill dude as well.

I may to go to whobo and/or the brawl national in Ohio.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, that's actually a nice-looking Kirby you got there, Skyler! Way better than what I could've done, as sad as it may sound to me... :(

And yes, Tater, angling Kirby's fsmash has varying effects. A normal-angled fsmash is just a normal 'meh' fsmash... A down-angled one can hit ledgegrabbed opponents who mistime their invincibility frames (as well as a bit below stage-level for those sideB-recovering MKs and such opponents), and sends them at an almost-horizontal trajectory... And an up-angled fsmash kills earlier than any other fsmash variation, has a slightly higher damage output (by 1-2%), has greater disjointed range vertically (excellent for those pesky MK tornados as well as other diagonal approaches), and sends them at a hard-to-DI trajectory: diagonally up away from the stage, where your opponents will probably be trying to DI (meaning that their DI will have a smaller effect than with a normal-angled fsmash)...

Same goes for ftilt, by the way. All of the above apply to ftilt too, except the 'punishing tornado' part. I can't stress enough just how good a move his ftilt is, btw. The range is 2gud. :lick:

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Well, that's actually a nice-looking Kirby you got there, Skyler! Way better than what I could've done, as sad as it may sound to me... :(

And yes, Tater, angling Kirby's fsmash has varying effects. A normal-angled fsmash is just a normal 'meh' fsmash... A down-angled one can hit ledgegrabbed opponents who mistime their invincibility frames (as well as a bit below stage-level for those sideB-recovering MKs and such opponents), and sends them at an almost-horizontal trajectory... And an up-angled fsmash kills earlier than any other fsmash variation, has a slightly higher damage output (by 1-2%), has greater disjointed range vertically (excellent for those pesky MK tornados as well as other diagonal approaches), and sends them at a hard-to-DI trajectory: diagonally up away from the stage, where your opponents will probably be trying to DI (meaning that their DI will have a smaller effect than with a normal-angled fsmash)...

Same goes for ftilt, by the way. All of the above apply to ftilt too, except the 'punishing tornado' part. I can't stress enough just how good a move his ftilt is, btw. The range is 2gud. :lick:
Don't forget the speed, one of Kirby's fastest moves.

Lol my friend who just came to SWF was using fox. That u-tilt ***** so hard (/\./\)

Top Bottom