• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

dmac

Smash Champion
holy **** jesi and i got wasted last night! also i'm quitting smash and going pro with dota, imma **** rezo in the ***

Cups

Smash Ace
I wouldn't threaten anybody, Z was talking about summoning Akuma, which nobody really wants. I have to do stupid dorm stuff that I got signed up for this morning at 8 o' ****ing clock in the morning, so I can't go to Phat's *******ized smash version of barrio smash anyway. Much <3 Phat.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Better be at Phat's next weekend too, seeing as how I'm unable to travel. I'm not going another week without seeing people.

EDIT: Yeah, same time and all that jazz.

Jace08

Smash Lord
No, I'd be perfectly willing to drive the hour and 15 minutes(mapquest lied), I'd just like some info on what's going on. Sorry if I seem a little too questioning, I just want to know more about this.

First of all, it is an actual tournament, right? You all aren't just going to only play for fun? I'd be fine either way, but I'd like to know. If it is a tournament, how much money should I bring?

Generally, about how many people show up?

The tournament takes place inside your house, not somewhere else, right?

Like Jturley just said, what time do you usually start?

Yeah, that's about it. Thanks for responding to my noobish questions. If there's another thread that explains all this just direct me to it. Thanks.

I'm working tonight but would like to come next week if something's going on.

DYC

Smash Champion
We have smashfests every week. They aren't tournaments, we just get together and play for fun. Most of the tournaments the core people go to are 7-12 hours away, not much local action here aside from our smashfests.

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm actually showing up to one of these for once, 'twill be interesting to meet all the various attending KC crew members.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
lol you guys probably didn't read all the posts talking about how people weren't going to make it, so you picked a bad weekend to start coming out. and i like how jesi's 600th post was almost exclusively about me. i rule. that is all.

btw dmac, you are just too adorable

only1Z

Smash Champion
They sound pretty sure that there will be more, so keep on the look out people, before you get left in kansas, dizzamn.

Cups

Smash Ace
So it's at Phatty-bo-batty's this weekend? Cool cool.

FC is one of the biggest tournaments of the year, probably the biggest really. From what I hear, it will be a lot of fun and you will get to see top-level competition. It will be my first tourney too! Woot.

Dang, hopefully Zelda is better in this one, certainly looks badass.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Biggest turnout wise fc probably wins, but since OC has the best in west coast, and p ulling people from japan, it's hard to say which is actually THE best.

dmac

Smash Champion
everyone get your money to buy your tickets at any frickin time if you haven't yet. darkrain probably has one reserved for himself, cause he's a giant *** with mono, but we are scrubs and need to be on the prowl for em. if you are low on money or do not have access to a credit card immediately, find a way to get the money cause if you aren't ready to pay for a ticket as soon as they go on sale, you will be watching all of the tournaments at fc and not participatiing.

dmac

Smash Champion
This is darkrain -- dmac forgot how to log out

I dun have a ticket yet, but whoever is going needs to get one as soon as possible. So who is going?

As far as I know these people are going:
darkrain
Jesi
dmac
Andy
Nick

These people need to let me know if there going, and buy passes ASAP
Rezo
Z
DYC
Zivilyn

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok well my situation is pretty crazy right now and more than likely I'm not going to be able to make it to FC.

In fact I'm in Cali right now and will be until early August.

It sucks I know, and it was probably a mistake for me to go to Cali so soon, but I will be back in the midwest. Hopefully some of you get to go to OC3.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Hm... no one answered my question, and I can't seem to find a thread with such obvious information of a tournament this big.

Where is it being held at?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked it up.

M

ManoDelDiablo

Hey everyone, as the post count states I'm a teensy bit new here.
I live in KC and I got absolutely nobody to play with except my friend matthew who lives like, 30 minutes away. So I need somewhere to play something aside from an AI regularly(Criticism and tips are welcome!)

Anybody got suggestions?

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm new also. Mind posting where you live, MinoDiablo?

This is where I live:

12842 South Sycamore St.
Olathe, KS 66062

M

ManoDelDiablo

Well, if you show up at my house mom will flay me alive, probably you as well...so atleast lemme know ahead of time people!!

32S74thST
Wyandotte, KS

darkrain

Smash Ace
This is Jesi. David forgot how to log out lol

FC DIAMOND OR BUST!!!!

yeah.... camp that site n00bs or you won't get any tickets. But I have to work all evening today soooo who knows :(

Smash will probably happen this weekend. Davey feels a lot better and I'm pretty sure he'll be a-ok for FC he said he was going no matter what anyway lol And that he needs to start training for fc haha me too :p lets go!!

dmac you owe me money. lol <3

To all the knew people: Watch this thread if you want to smash this weekend and we'll give you updates. KC is about as centralized as it gets for smash in this part of the midwest.

also

With all this strange new interest Dmac and I were discussing hosting a possible tournament. I recently looked up the names of a bunch of possible venue's so I"ll be checking that out with the hopes of attracting our neighbor states to come... this wouldn't be until like August of September though. Aight then ttyl!

Jace08

Smash Lord
Sounds good, Jesi. I'll keep checking this thread. So this weekend, smashfest at where? Phat's?

EDIT: *fixed* Sorry, couldn't read there.

Jesi

Smash Ace
AS I said in the first line of that post...

that was NOT darkrain, it was JESI....

and I have no preference as to where smeesh is this weekend. someone pick.

Top Bottom