• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
Although i haven't met phat yet, i hope he gets well soon. It would suck to see kc get less smashers. STL vs KC sounds fun, although ill have to find a ride down there, but im pretty sure i can talk to my buds and see what there up to.

by the way, when is the st tourney anyway?

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
hey kc u guyz shood come to stl i herd u hav a good falcon n lazt time i dint play u :( :( :( :(

i am looking forward to playing u guyz!!!! MM????

J

Jayhawk

I'm a smash n00b, really, but all I have to play against is the computer.

I live in a town south of Olathe called Spring Hill. If anyone could come here, I'd play them. But I can't really play anywhere else just because I can't drive yet, and it'd be akward to ask my mom for a ride.

So I'll play if anyone's interested in coming here.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Just ask your mom.
Not many people would travel just to play a n00b (you're in MO, right?), and besides, almost every Saturday you can play PLENTY of KC smashers.

Don't forget the guilt when you ask.

J

Jayhawk

Just ask your mom.
Not many people would travel just to play a n00b (you're in MO, right?), and besides, almost every Saturday you can play PLENTY of KC smashers.

Don't forget the guilt when you ask.
I live in Kansas, not Missouri. >_>

Jesi

Smash Ace
I don't know exactly the whereabouts of Spring Hill, however Olathe is approximately 35-45 minutes away from where the Smashing occurs in the greater KC area. Try and get a ride up here if you want a wide variety of competition (from gentle to the very fierce! lol)

Also, do we have a confirmed list of people going to the tourney Sunday? It's about 3 hours and 40 min away btw. Nebraska is going to be there too yay! lol

Jesi

Smash Ace
phat is still in teh hospital at the moment... but he's got a lot of recovery time ahead of him so he's just out of the smash/life scene for a while lol i think he'll be just fine! <3 :)

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
Another Tournament. Another chance too ultimately improve my Y link Skills and make new friends in the smash world. Another golden opportunity to be somewhat known... But dammit I'm soo poor right now! and with no transportation.

Echo

Smash Champion
Nebraska is going to be there too yay! lol
Actually... we're probably not going to make it... :( I know I know... its very dissapointing and heartbreaking news, but it'll be alright. a Smeesh and I wanted to go but i've been way too busy job hunting and whatnot so it just can't happen... maybe KC should host? :)

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Blah, haven't been able to make it to barrio smash lately, been busy playing Soul Calibur 3. Ack.

Gotta get my Wii back from my buddy so I can practice some SSBM.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Depending on how late everyone will be there I'll show up this saturday. my GF's last day in town for about 3 weeks, ack, so I'll have to spend the evening with her.

How late will things usually go?

Jesi

Smash Ace
heh... don't know that we will be having smash this saturday night because we have a tournament Sunday morning. actually i KNOW we won't be having smash tonight...we are however throwing around the idea of leaving tonight to go to St. Louis and stay in a little hotel so we don't have to get up at like 7 in the morning to make hte tournament.... however certain people, actually just rezo.. lol might not be able to make it haha... anyway just throwing around the idea for tonight... cya ****.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Hey KC, thanks for coming out Sunday...c u guys sometime soon. Dmac, next time Stl comes to KC for a visit, i'll bring you some lion's choice lol.

Jesi

Smash Ace
yeah it was a lot of fun! i wish i could see what place i got from that tourney tho :( darkrain didn't feel to good on tourney day that was kind of a bummer, come to find out he has the flu.... sooo if anyone comes away from that tourney w/ the flu you have someone to blame hehe :p

well hopefully we'll get to smash this weekend and/or play some mario party and get crunk w00t we'll see closer to friday waht's going on ttyl!

-Jesi

Mechareaper

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new to smashboards obviously. Anyways, cutting to the chase, me and my friend both live in Shawnee Kansas, not too far from KC, and we've been wanting to get into tournaments for years (we've been playing since the golden years of smashbros 64). Looking on this forum is a bit confusing, could anyone help us out? Maybe tell us where to look. Thanks.

Jesi

Smash Ace
i went to high school in shawnee and lived there about 5 years. smash happens at my place typically on saturday Nights. However this saturday there might be something different going on.. We'll keep you guys updated!

Oh yeah and mario party owns!

Mechareaper

Smash Rookie
Mario party, we don't play that often, we believe it is cursed as it has a tendancy to tear us apart and hate eachother. Broken controllers and fistfights come with that game, we played it a few days ago and for the first time Brett wasn't kicking everyones ***, I was (he usually wins most of the minigames and has the most stars) so he told us we had to go home because he had to wake up early, 4 turns before it was over! It always happens after playing Smash Bros for a long time (like two hours) and deciding to play something else. Someone suggests Mario Party and another warns the group, and even though we've gone through this so many times before no one heeds the advice of the wise member of the group, instead we decide to play. And even in the very beginning people get pissed off (Nick picked Luigi and my brother went ape****) Its evil I tell you! But it is fun, maybe we'll play it tonight....

SamDvds

Smash Ace
LOL, mario party is fun but its dumb...they give out bonus stars for the most ******** things, so if you win every minigame, there is a high probability that someone who moved more spaces or used more items will win the entire game...http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/01/29 there that explains everything!

Mechareaper

Smash Rookie
The newest one we play is 3, we havn't played anything beyond that. Bonus stars are reasonable in that one.

Mechareaper

Smash Rookie
I appreciate the *** comment. I find "****" as funny as the next person. But I'm going even more off topic. I was just trying to make conversation in a new group, try to get to know people a little. I suppose to keep this on the topic of smashbrothers...

Ever notice how "******y" captain falcon is? I mean, his costume has nipples. Not only that but he humps people in midair while screaming "YES!".

Well, since I'm new here I'm going to cut this rant a little short, I don't want to make a bad first impression. Sorry, at midnight the littlest comment tends to set me off.

Cups

Smash Ace
I like how all the new people to the thread take offense to everything DYC says. Sometimes humor and mockery are the best ice breakers, don't make assumptions about things written on the computer, because I don't know if you know this, but it's hard to pick up sarcasm over text. Instead of taking your neat little time writing angry little posts calling someone's sexuality into question (the deleted post, which was smart) when you are trying to "just make some friends," you might want to take that same time and go back and get a feel for the personalities that you are trying to "be friends with." I'm sure if you scanned a page or two back you might notice that all of DYC's posts are like that, which then a normal person might think "hey, maybe this is how he is to everyone and isn't picking on me." Just some advice.

However, I thought the same way about DYC when I was first starting, and I understand your confusion. I would like to play with you some time and I'm sure the rest of the thread would be more than happy to have you. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

Light

Smash Journeyman
Good work with that douchery control, it was in danger of running rampant for a second there. Now back to the same tired, nervous sarcasm.

Top Bottom