• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Ok. Pretty much the same thing as my old thread. Post dates that people are free and I'll set up smash at my place. Nebraska should post here too so that they can come to a smashfest too. Enjoy......

Garg

Smash Rookie
hey idk if this is the right spot to be posting this, but i live in missouri and im not far from kansas city me and my neighbor have been smashing for along time and we have never smashed with anyone else so maybe we could have a lil smash session sometime?

jimi8705

Banned via Administration
we actually have smash tournaments/festivals of fun like every two weeks or so. there should be one soon, call phat for details, or im him, or something.

phat is a fat fuccker.

G

goomba_gal

Hi all. New to smashboards. =) I live near the Lawrence area. How's it going?

N64

Smash Champion
I'll be back in kansas on the 30th of july. Someone (be it a lawrencian, kansascityite, or omahanese) should host a tourney thing soon afterwords? I'll be back for like a week, and I'm itching for some smash bros play.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
What up you old school gangsta ;)

Hey phat holler at me on AIM or gimme a call or whatever tomorrow. I got people wanting to go to your place we just need to iron out final details like what time to be there and stuff.

EDIT Well I left my AIM on away all freakin day and didnt get diddly in the way of information from either Phat or Dmac. One of you guys has to tell me what the plan is so we can make it down there. Someone get hold of me tomorrow afternoon PLEASE because this'll be really good FC practice.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
HAHA! Mah ***** Mo, you worry too much. I thought I told everyone that I would be out of town for 4 days.......O_o.........maybe not........XD

Anyway, I'll talk to you guys over the telly so that we can get **** worked out. Call me or I will call you guys later today about smaarsh. Lates.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Well, I've been to one of your guys' fests at Phat's house. It was fun, and I'd like to keep up to date on your doings. Mainly because I'm pretty lousy and would like to get better.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
LOL naw you never told me foo.

Thanks for all the Smash guys. I hope it was worthwhile practice for Leon because he needs it before FC. I know me and Mike got our trip's worth :)

dmac

Smash Champion
to everyone we talked to about when we're leaving for fc, I was wrong, we don't have to leave for the tournament on the 13th. We can safely leave around 6am on the 14th, to make it for the teams tourney that starts at 6pm. I know i told people we were leaving on the 13th, I mistakenly thought there was going to be some pre-tourney stuff that night... whoops. I have to talk to arizona, cause I know they were planning on staying the night before in lawrence.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Hey guys I was wondering if E59 is still going down? Smeesh asked about it and I want to go to at least one more tourney this summer, and this would be a pretty easy one to make, yet still a pretty big tourney. I was thinking about going to Vegas because David is already going and Leon and Mike seemed real keen on the idea, but that might be a little too expensive. Plus, I have to move in to school like 3 days after that tourney.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Next tourney will be on August 6th I believe. dmac should have more info than me about this, so if you have questions, talk to him.

only1Z

Smash Champion
last reply was about a month ago, but w/e. Phat you should do another one of these, since you don't really have WoW to play anymore :D

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
LMAO, indeed I don't. Hmmmm, I'll try to plan another one for either the 14th or the weekend after that. Lemme know whats good for you guys and I can get final dates set. Discuss....

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I'm lookin' for my first tourney. The closer to Camdenon (central MO), the better. Sundays are best (except 21st of August) for me.

Is there one planned for MO?

dmac

Smash Champion
well, theres a smashfest with a lil tourney planned at phatgamers this friday... but its pretty western missouri, near kansas city. but you should try to check it out if you wanna play the best in the area. not too many smashers from central missouri that i can think of... there are some people in eastern missouri near st louis i think, and i can get you in touch with them if you're interested in that. post here if you wanna come on friday, cause you should :laugh:

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Yeah, I wanna go, but:
1. Where is it?
2. How long should it last and when does it start?
3. What rules are in effect?
4. [insert anything else I should know]

Because I have no idea. v_v

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Hey everyone. I'm going to be at CMSU (Warrensburg) for the school year, and I was wondering if there will be any get-togethers there any time soon. I don't drive, so it'd be a little tough getting to Kansas City except maybe on weekends o.o;

I do know a few people that Smash, but they don't seem to know about the advanced techniques. Granted, one of them I played had decent mindgames and deadly accuracy with Yoshi's smashes.

dmac

Smash Champion
we just had one tonight, but im sure we'll have more soon, probably in a month or so? hook us up with your aim name and we'll be sure to keep you informed

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Right, I saw your post but it was a little late (lol). AIM is TimeSpaceMage; I haven't been on in awhile, but I'll make a point to pop in sometime soon. It's hard for me to predict my online activity, so I won't dare mention something like "I'll be on tonight".

M

MasterMax

is there any real activity in south kansas around wichita?

becuase the best i can get down here is with my sucky friends, and all the kids that went to the one that EB games hosted...

dmac

Smash Champion
i think theres at least 10 or so smashers in witchita, at least thats how many there were at the college v-games tournament in witchita. im "attackstorm" or send him a private msg(i don't think he gets on aim too much). you could come up to lawrence sometime we play alot, only 1.5 hours away isn't it? maybe we should think about hosting a lawrence tourney sometime soon...~

jimi8705

do-it

host a lawrence tourney

a real one

fu cker

i'll go, im a pretty decent young link from the area, i look forward to beating you all with my uber mind games and crazy good timing. anyways, i dont drive though so one of you will have to pick me up ( i live in central kcmo.) I could really use some competition onther than my little cousin, he plays falcon and is pretty bad.

CunningCubop

Smash Cadet
Back from the dead

Jimi! And the rest of the KC/Lawrence Crew(s). I have returned from my far off travels in Japan and I don't know what the hell is going on. The site has got a face lift and its all reorganized and ****... So catch me up? When is next tournament in the area? Hit me with a PM or leave it here. I'm achin for some real playin.

Cubop

Jesi

Smash Ace
Hi guys! Haven't been on the boards for a while, seeing as how my puter has been dead, I'm about to get it back up though (should get my new HD by the end of this week! ) In th mean time, school has started so I got puter access here! Hope to smash w/ everyone soon. Hopefully see some of you for the Nashville trip :) Bye!

-Jesi

jimi8705

hi cubop, how are u...

ohh fu ck.

hey phat, what is that a picture of in your sig??

dmac

Smash Champion
i'm thinkin either the 3rd/10th/17th for a local lawrence tourney, anyone have a problem with any of those dates? only problem is we'd need to find a decent location... my new place is okay.... defintely not ideal though

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Let me know at least a week ahead of time if you plan a tourney, and I can see when I don't have work. And yes Jimi, that is me in my sig.

Top Bottom