• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Two things:

1. If we don't go, I will never forgive you guys
2. If we don't go, I want to know as soon as possible

Smash Lord
I've been told it's roughly 15$ toll there and back. Accomodate this, it should be about 5 dollars a person.

If someone gets work off tomorrow, or something along those lines and wants to come. Please let me know as soon as possible.

@rockstar-I'm not pissed any more.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Lol Quote my bad. I wasn't talking to you. I won't lie, if I was you i'd probably be mad. Hey I thought you said it was about $42? Ha. Now 15?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
its isnt fifteen, only six. if you get off at highway two fifty four and cut over, you save a lot on tolls, and its nearly as fast. i dunno if you guys want to do that though

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Bad news. Change of plans Quote. Something came up, that I didn't expect. Its really good. Sadly, I won't be able to make it to the wichita tourney, because im gonna be gone from 6 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon on saturday. Sorry about the misconvenience. No need to pick me up. Probably the next one, i'll attend.

And the dropping like flies begins.
-_____________-

Holms

Smash Ace
Bad news. Change of plans Quote. Something came up, that I didn't expect. Its really good. Sadly, I won't be able to make it to the wichita tourney, because im gonna be gone from 6 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon on saturday. Sorry about the misconvenience. No need to pick me up. Probably the next one, i'll attend.
Dammit. Me and Mr Doom was going to use that money match money to enter tomorrow's tournament. Oh well.

DeLux

I will be his second and defend his honor. Money match me tomorrow? :)

Smash Lord
its isnt fifteen, only six. if you get off at highway two fifty four and cut over, you save a lot on tolls, and its nearly as fast. i dunno if you guys want to do that though
Good to know. I can assume that fino knows this route right?

Well, whatever. We can divy up the toll fee once we figure out how much we're spending on it.

Do I need to bring a 64 setup at all Mr. Doom? The lazier I can be in the morning, the better.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Just to be on the safe side, you can go ahead and bring the 64 setup. My game likes to choose when to work or not.

Sleep is essential.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I forgot to wish the KC guys a safe trip back from Wichita. Again, thanks for coming to my biweekly.

BTW, Fino. I'm unintentionally holding your Giant Book of Sudoku hostage. I'll think of something to get it back to you.

Holms

Smash Ace
Nice tourney and stuff guyz. But I'm here mostly to complain. :p

Trash. Come on, people, clean up after yourselves. I found 4 or 5 half-full mcdonalds cups, even more mcdonalds bags, some with half-full sauce cups or ketchup packets, etc. It's like everyone who went to get food didn't bother to throw away ANY of their trash. Someone even had to gull to leave their trash right next to a trash can instead of in it. :/

DeLux

Trash. Come on, people, clean up after yourselves. I found 4 or 5 half-full mcdonalds cups, even more mcdonalds bags, some with half-full sauce cups or ketchup packets, etc. It's like everyone who went to get food didn't bother to throw away ANY of their trash. Someone even had to gull to leave their trash right next to a trash can instead of in it. :/
I actually made a point to throw away my trash at the end of the night. But in the defense of the other people, the trash was very full.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
There was another trash can in the kitchen, and that one wasn't full.

Also, I think only the finals sets were recorded. Not sure.

Holms

Smash Ace
I actually made a point to throw away my trash at the end of the night. But in the defense of the other people, the trash was very full.
I put all of the trash in ONE trash can. The bag is still about a quarter empty. If that's their excuse, then someone should have asked one of us where there was another trash can or a place to throw their trash away, not just leave it lying around the house.

Smash Lord

The only trash I had landed in the can. I never do this kind of thing. It's extremely disrespectful and especially since this is my first visit.

Thanks for the 64 games. I had a blast with it and it made up for getting cape gimped three times in the same game. God nobody has ever made me feel so dumb in brawl. <(X-X)>

holms making dat rare appearance in the KC thread :O

wont be there tomorrow as im working. sowweee
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! there's gonna be like nobody there then. What am I supposed to do on Monday now. Fino has a mounting pile of school work, you have to work, Lux has work/school, and everyone else just shows up sporadically.

People that don't normally show up tomorrow pleeeeease do. I need work at this game now help me out here.

EDIT:
Holm's.... your sig. Funny as ****.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Just forget it, guys.

CANCELLATION: No smash at my house this Monday February 14th. The St. Valentines holiday also happens to be my mother's birthday. And, I'm seeing someone and will be busy.

Don't let someone you like be lonely.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Just forget it, guys.

CANCELLATION: No smash at my house this Monday February 14th. The St. Valentines holiday also happens to be my mother's birthday. And, I'm seeing someone and will be busy.

Don't let someone you like be lonely.
I was hoping to try some Project M with you guys... only for a short period though. Two exams tomorrow that require more of my attention.

DeLux

We got
Venue Approval

We Will

Be having

a mo****ing

tournament

*****es

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:) :) :)

DeLux

I have to schedule with the United Methodist Church to use their venue.

So there most won't have to be a huge crunch to do the tournament over two days from what I understand.

I have to get the scheduling nailed down, but we definitely have access to a legit venue.

DeLux

No, we'll get access to the venue for an entire Saturday, so I hope their wont' be need for a two day event.

MJG

Smash Hero
No, we'll get access to the venue for an entire Saturday, so I hope their wont' be need for a two day event.
im still gonna put out there that it is gonna be VERY HARD to run both events in a single day unless we skip pools AND have a lot of setups
There is probably going to be 30-50 people max at this tournament. A two day event will hurt attendance.

DeLux

Because of the circuit rules of random seeding, the intent for pools was to just seed players in bracket. Would people complain if pools were just a kind of crap shoot one and done "strike from the entire stagelist" set against everyone in your pool instead of typical Bo3? The only thing it would affect would be seeding, but I feel it's a compromise between playing everyone Bo3 in pools and random seeding.

DeLux

I think that I might factor in last circuits results when I make pools as to not stack certain pools.

But some of us like myself are bad and are going to get 2 and outed in bracket so Pool play is where we'll get a majority of our fun.

Seeding without pools would be lame.

Given that the official stance of the circuit is to do random seeding, I feel that this is a compromise to the randomness factor while meeting the time crunch we might be under.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
im just saying it will be a lot easier for us to skip pools. melee can do fine in a single day with pools, i dont think brawl can really unless we have a lot of small pools to limit the number of games

Smash Lord
im just saying it will be a lot easier for us to skip pools. melee can do fine in a single day with pools, i dont think brawl can really unless we have a lot of small pools to limit the number of games
I agree with this.

Man I am a bit dissapointed that two days isn't smart with the way things are set up. I would have loved to have a 64 tournament as a side event.

We should see if we can run some stuff on the day after for the people who do want a 2 day event.

DeLux

April 9th or 30th. If you had to choose between those two dates for the tournament, which one would you choose?

It might be a moot point based on availability, but let me know what you guys think.

Top Bottom