• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
its definitely two and a half hours. also if you know the distance so well you should stop by a smashfest while you are up here doom :D
I would, but I have johns that I haven't thought up yet.

Here's one: my truck's pretty much shot; I can drive it only short distances before it literally dies on me.

Edit: yeah, quote, I play SSB64.

Smash Lord
I would, but I have johns that I haven't thought up yet.

Here's one: my truck's pretty much shot; I can drive it only short distances before it literally dies on me.

Edit: yeah, quote, I play SSB64.

I'll MM you in that. I'll decide on the amount later. Probably something like 2$ though because I'm dirt poor right now.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Quote, you should get back long before 3 lol. So arrival at before 1. Friendlies. Money Matches. Tournament. Ends around 8. We head home. Sound legit?

Smash Lord
How does this revised schedule sound:

8:00-9:00
I leave, and drive to Lenexa.

8:30-9:00
Pick up Rockstar and Fino.

9:00
Drive to Lawrence.

9:30-10:00
Pick up Lux.

10-?
Head to Wichita.

?
Games.

8:00
Drop people off and drive home.

Any objections/revisions.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Also, just got word back from the library they are interested and want to meet next week.

However, I did some brainstorming with Danny, and Housing remains a huge issue. If not the only issue.
So far, Danny, Blake, and I are the only one's to offer housing.

Can we get some brainstorming or additional volunteers for housing?
This would definitely make or break the logistical viability of the tournament imo

I feel like if we said "**** it, no housing for you, get a cheap motel" nobody would come.

Smash Lord
I might do this. I'll Probably have to leave early so that I can get some sleep though.

What time are you hosting?

If It's someone I can say that I know decently I could have up to two spots. My family is kind of paranoid though so don't take it as confirmed yet.

DeLux

I'll host whenever. I don't have work tomorrow anymore. But I'd prefer it be done before 5pm so I can dedicate time with other stuff. But after like 11am so I can dedicate time to sleeping lol

I have an internship meeting tomorrow at like 2:15. It shouldn't be too long. But I don't want to host much past 6 tomorrow because I don't want to overplay.

So if you came like at 11, and then went and got yourself some lunch for like 30 while I take care of my meeting, we could get a bunch of play in before 5-6

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Well, since it`s not just Quote & I heading down, I don`t need to pay for all the gas, I guess. We split 4-way. Then I pay for my portion along with Quote`s.

Cook

Smash Master
Also, just got word back from the library they are interested and want to meet next week.

However, I did some brainstorming with Danny, and Housing remains a huge issue. If not the only issue.
So far, Danny, Blake, and I are the only one's to offer housing.

Can we get some brainstorming or additional volunteers for housing?
This would definitely make or break the logistical viability of the tournament imo

I feel like if we said "**** it, no housing for you, get a cheap motel" nobody would come.
If you're talking about a tournament in KC me and Nicole could house people in Columbia, then drive to the tournament and back home in the same day because it's only like a 2 hour drive. Not as good as in-city housing, but it still works. Of course, that only covers anyone coming from the east, which would probably just be St. Louis people. Wichita is probably close enough to just drive up the day of the tournament, right? I dunno how far NE people live away from KC, but perhaps they could house anyone from IA that might want to go. That would pretty much cover every direction.

DeLux

A couple things:

First for Saturday, could you guys pick me up closer to 10 than 9:30? The oven broke at my internship this morning, so I need to head in and try to get it fixed or a whole bunch of homeless people are going to be going hungry. 9am was the only time I could get because the maintanance man at the facility is going out of town for a week

Second, in terms of why it's a two day tournament:

The hours for the Lawrence Public Library, who said they are interested are 9am-6pm and 12pm -6pm Saturday and Sunday. We COULD conceivable run a tournament if we got cracking right at 9am on Saturday, but that's a lot of strain on people especially those coming from out of State. I have a meeting with the Library on either Tuesday or Thursday next week to see if I can get those hours waived, so it might not be a huge issue. I also have a venue request with a larger and more flexible venue, but i won't hear from them until 2/14.

I'd like to do a 2 day tournament. The facilities we might get are pretty good. But if we can't, it means we need housing. Right now, with the people volunteering to do housing, we have enough for about 14 (4 for me, 5 for Blake, 5 for Danny). If we co-hosted with melee, which is currently the plan, that number would go up because they seem to be willing to host Brawl players they mentioned. But I'd like to be able to at least safely figure out room for 20.

DeLux

MJ, are you saying a two day is just a bad idea for attendance in general?

And quote, I personally was planning to give people my 3 couches/futon. I don't know if people have a problem sleeping on a floor, for the most part.

Smash Lord
Oh, well ****. In that case I might have a significant amount of room. The only catch is my parents. There are paranoid and would probably freak out about having people they've never seen before spending the night en masse. What's really crappy is that they won't put up with extra noise and what not.

@Rockstar, I'm hyped too put it costs me money to read text messages.

MJG

Smash Hero
MJ, are you saying a two day is just a bad idea for attendance in general?

And quote, I personally was planning to give people my 3 couches/futon. I don't know if people have a problem sleeping on a floor, for the most part.
Yea. I went to Oh Snap 6 and UNKv3 and both of them didn't have high attendance because of the 2 day event (UNKv3 was affected by the weathe as well).

DeLux

I lied, I don't need to be at the Church tomorrow to fix the oven. So you guys can come whenever you guys come. Just let me know when you're on your way so I have time to take my GF home

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Bad news. Change of plans Quote. Something came up, that I didn't expect. Its really good. Sadly, I won't be able to make it to the wichita tourney, because im gonna be gone from 6 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon on saturday. Sorry about the misconvenience. No need to pick me up. Probably the next one, i'll attend.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
No doubt. I got a new controller yesterday, and it feels so much better. So much. I have plenty of new tricks/combos I need to try out too.

Top Bottom