• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
Make sure you despring your controller. That's a HUGE factor in why I can't play melee. I'd like to see how melee is played when you can't shield :)
You're going to have to explain this when I get there.

Also lol at the put one together from the spare parts. The sad thing is that I know you have about 6 scrapped controllers laying around in there.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Lux, do you wish for me to add the parentheses to your name? I can do that if you want.
If you want to, that would be nice. I was more referencing the fact that I've been tagging as "KPR27" as a running gag because of poor tourney placing and power ranking lol

It now might be KPR12. Maybe not. It's not as fun beating people and saying "I'm ranked 12" as it was doing that and saying "oh btw, I'm ranked 27 in Kansas, get on our level"

DeLux

I'll be done with work at 6. Text me when/if you're coming tonight. Remember my new phone number. It's in crew post after the OP.

DeLux

I am an Intramurtle ><

I'm sad perceivee didn't evolve into a lesbeon via some sort of exposure. Or parteon. Generation 2 in the works?

And check my character on SWF, I main metaknight now

Smash Lord
I'm sad perceivee didn't evolve into a lesbeon via some sort of exposure. Or parteon. Generation 2 in the works?
I was wondering about that too.

I'm a pledgiotto and not happy about it.

I'm leaving soon and should be there in an hour. Honda you better be there. I need some melee.

Leaving now.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Damn my iPod's incessant need for spell check. If you hadn't figured it out yet, I couldn't come this week end, I'm in salina lol.

Also lux, do you have any details about that highschool tourney next week? Rockstar and I were thinking about doing doubles.

DeLux

I put the facebook thing for it this thread. You should call them and ask. I bet it ends up being a FFA items on time tournament LOL

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Glad I came out to play today! I can definitely see myself playing a little more Brawl, I just need to start reading up on stuff since I know virtually nothing about characters that aren't Peach

Depending on how smashed-out I am from the tourney on Sunday I may come up to KC to play on Monday

rpotts

Smash Lord
I've introduced my friend Osime to the wonderful world of ssbm. He digs space animals. Hopefully I can get him to come out to an upcoming massivesmash, unfortunately, that's like 2 months away lol. HONDA WHAR YU AT? Imma be comin back to lawrence tonight, pos play some gaymes this week.

EDIT: LOLOLOLOLOLOL I saw arc and hondas posts above me and assumed this was the melee thread. lulz.

DeLux

Glad I came out to play today! I can definitely see myself playing a little more Brawl, I just need to start reading up on stuff since I know virtually nothing about characters that aren't Peach

Depending on how smashed-out I am from the tourney on Sunday I may come up to KC to play on Monday
WHEN we do crew battles, I call dibs. We can do KC West vs. KC East. Or something like that. Eventually. lol

Is anyone else coming out for today?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Arc no prob man, let's do it

Potts you should def come up to KC with us on Monday, quote should be there and he's been dying for some 64 action, plus who knows, maybe others will want to play 64/Melee there as well

Plus I need my power cord so I can record ****!

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to host some SSBM on monday. I play all three and don't ever really seem to suffer any rustiness or game-transition problems. Would be refreshing to play some melee again.

I do NOT tolerate ANY 'your game sucks' bickering or flame debates in my house. Be courteous to all players' dispositions towards playing particular games or don't come.

I have two good TV's and one tiny TV. Brawl is the focus of my smashfests but I'd happily accomodate a good tv for Melee as long as it's being used.

DeLux

Thanks for coming out everyone. I played way too much smash in the last two days.

I played melee, but I get motion sick when playing it because of the camera zoom. I have to play Brawl, for physical reasons lol

God i hope not lmao

also that link had no info on it at all haha

I took 10 seconds checking the link.

First hyperlink in the info posted led me to this: http://www.facebook.com/lawrencepubliclibrary

Which had this :

Address 707 Vermont Street, Lawrence, KS, 66044-2371 · Get Directions
Phone 785-843-3833
Website http://www.lawrencepubliclibrary.org
Hours
Mon - Thurs: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Which is essentially all the info you need to find out for yourself.

I don't know anything outside of that other than I'm probably not allowed to play and what time it's going to be at and where the library is in Lawrence. I'm just going to see if anyone there wants to play competitively so I can get more Lawrence players.

DeLux

Notes-

2011 Climbers need work on: Metaknight, TL, and some Olimar. They seem to help/cover for some part my other weak matchups.

I have someone's laptop here.

At this point, I have work during Monday's smashfest. I'll see if I can change my schedule around.

Smash Lord
I've introduced my friend Osime to the wonderful world of ssbm. He digs space animals. Hopefully I can get him to come out to an upcoming massivesmash, unfortunately, that's like 2 months away lol. HONDA WHAR YU AT? Imma be comin back to lawrence tonight, pos play some gaymes this week.

EDIT: LOLOLOLOLOLOL I saw arc and hondas posts above me and assumed this was the melee thread. lulz.
****. I'm in Lawrence for two days straight and the 64 player shows up literally a few hours after I leave
Potts you should def come up to KC with us on Monday, quote should be there and he's been dying for some 64 action, plus who knows, maybe others will want to play 64/Melee there as well
This^^.

wow and a lot of melee people coming too? setups are a musssssssssst
TV's > consoles. Seriously bring tv's. until further notice we're sitting on 4 which, ironically wasn't enough last time.

Also, thanks for comming out honda.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Next time i`m at Blake`s, I need to bring my SD card. Gotta get more matches from everyone to put KS even more on the map. Main peeps I need to get on youtube: Lux`s IC`s, Thor`s (Stealth Raptor) Pikachu, Ares`s Falco, Perfect Duck`s Rob, MJG`s Toon Link, and Fino`s (Dnyce) Olimar. Also some doubles with PsiKick.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Haha kansas city lost to ravens hahaa
Fixed for what matters. Dumb
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

lux i love you, much homo, just saying

L. afk

also anyone who laughs at the chiefs losing- we were a rebuilding team that snuck into the playoffs because of a bad division (yes even denver, one of the worst teams in football, for all you denver fans that i know frequent this thread) and because of us getting to play the WORST NFC division, and having an otherwise weak schedule. we did what we did shrug. it wont happen next year though, man thats a ****ty schedule we have coming up D:

Ares

Smash Journeyman
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

lux i love you, much homo, just saying

L. afk

also anyone who laughs at the chiefs losing- we were a rebuilding team that snuck into the playoffs because of a bad division (yes even denver, one of the worst teams in football, for all you denver fans that i know frequent this thread) and because of us getting to play the WORST NFC division, and having an otherwise weak schedule. we did what we did shrug. it wont happen next year though, man thats a ****ty schedule we have coming up D:
juans

10juans

Dnyce

Smash Master
Lux, could you please bring my laptop to blakes tomorrow @.@

I called but didn't get any answer, left a message... and I come here to find out you have a new phone number -_-

I really need my laptop tho, it's a black macbook

EDIT: It's prolly by your car seat somewhere .-.

Top Bottom