• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I would love to, but IA is just as far away as Omaha, and I didn't get back until around 3am. I have work the next morning and work a triple shift. I'll try to shift some of my schedule around to work more earlier in the week, but it's looking like a no go for me. And it's not like I could make the money back by winning since I'm bad, so I needs the cash. Everyone that is good is going to OKC anyways.

(Lux) attendance matchup ratio - 30-70

Needs:
Money
Scheduling changes
Partner for doubles.

DeLux

I host at various times throughout the week. This week it will be Friday night/ Saturday.

DeLux

So that's two of us for Friday night. Anyone else up?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
for SDI practice - play 64. You better learn to SDI unless you wanna get death combo'd all day errday.
I'm not big on Brawl-, but hot damn does that game help you with (S)DI.

I'll try to come out Friday night, what's your address?
Uh oh, Lux don't teach these guys how to IC grab. They are gonna kick my *** at JBM's melee tourney sunday so I gotta do the return in Brawl.

DeLux

Well, based on the KPR, it's time for me to make a new tag on Danny's Wii lol

Smash Lord
I don't think I'll be going to Iowa or OKC. Work says no. However, I WILL be going to the Lawerence Public Library :)

I can host on Friday night and Saturday if anyone wants to come as well.

I know most of us are going to OKC, but those that aren't, Lawernce is closer and cheaper :)
I'll be there. The rest of Lawrence is being pretty lame and not hosting anything so I'll definitely be there.
Anybody able to smash on days other than just mondays? Im tired of playing the same person over and over and over and over and over....!
I live in KCK when I have school and I need the practice. If you give me a day and address I'll probably make it.

DeLux

I'll be there. The rest of Lawrence is being pretty lame and not hosting anything so I'll definitely be there.

Were you coming on Friday night or Saturday for the library tourney, or BOTH :)?

DeLux

Well, if you two show up, that makes it:
Hondafoo
Ares
Rickcity
Myself

If it's 5 people, if someone could bring another setup, that would be awesome.

DeLux

I will go Saturday if you have the internet.

I plan on watching School is in Session 4 lol.
I have internet.

Just so everyone knows, Friday night, I have work until 6. So you all can start showing up any time after that. And I don't have work Saturday, so you can leave whenever.

MJG, did you want to scout at the library? :) :) :) I could also show you the possible venue I could end up getting for a KC Scene tourney that day too if you came out.

DeLux

I'm free that Saturday. The facebook page says that they are playing at the library from 3-4:30, so I thought I'd show up there around 2:30 just to see what's going on.

My gf comes back from Wichita at some point that night, at which point everyone will be leaving. But that shouldn't be until like 10ish I'm assuming. If it's before that, then people can stay until 10 and THEN I'll force you all to leave ;)

Smash Lord
I'm free that Saturday. The facebook page says that they are playing at the library from 3-4:30, so I thought I'd show up there around 2:30 just to see what's going on.

My gf comes back from Wichita at some point that night, at which point everyone will be leaving. But that shouldn't be until like 10ish I'm assuming. If it's before that, then people can stay until 10 and THEN I'll force you all to leave ;)
Hold it. The Friday/Saturday is this weekend right? I'd probably still show up next week but I'm confused.

DeLux

Oh, you're right, I have my weeks mixed up lol. I'm free whenever Saturday this weekend too lol. No tourney thing until the weekend after. My bad ><

So to Clarify, people can come over both Friday and Saturday THIS week.

Next week is that library shenanigan.

DeLux

The Lawrence Public Library has some Brawl for 7-12th graders tournament going on that they do monthly. I was going to scout. It's on the 15th. You'll be in OKC.

I was confused and thought it was on the 8th for some reason. Disregard

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I can bring my GC+Melee on Friday in case anyone wants to play that as well, I know quote plays, anyone else interested?

DeLux

As long as we have a second TV, it's cool with me. I probably CAN'T play, because of our previously discussed control issues.

Smash Lord
Oh, you're right, I have my weeks mixed up lol. I'm free whenever Saturday this weekend too lol. No tourney thing until the weekend after. My bad ><

So to Clarify, people can come over both Friday and Saturday THIS week.

Next week is that library shenanigan.
Oh good. I didn't want to go the whole week with no smash.

As long as we have a second TV, it's cool with me. I probably CAN'T play, because of our previously discussed control issues.
You're kidding right? If most of the Lawrence people have learned to play SSF4 with the arcade stick setup, you can definitely manage to remember how to get the melee controls setup to work.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
there is a difference between playing a completely different game with different control settings and playing a game from the same series with the same physics and is more or less identical outside of chars and some physics changes.

Smash Lord
there is a difference between playing a completely different game with different control settings and playing a game from the same series with the same physics and is more or less identical outside of chars and some physics changes.
Umm. I disagree and will prove it. I'll copy (Lux)'s control setup on Friday and use it the whole day.

DeLux

Make sure you despring your controller. That's a HUGE factor in why I can't play melee. I'd like to see how melee is played when you can't shield :)

DeLux

Don't bother, I'm just going to put together a controller from the spare parts I have lying around.

RickCity

Smash Rookie
Anyone know how I can post my brawl vids up here to get critiqued, I feel like im getting stuck on at same level and not knowing what to improve about my game?

Top Bottom