• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Two of us Lawrence Melee dudes are coming. We'll play Brawl too

EDIT: Nevermind.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
ggs everyone. Didn't really have my A game today, but that's to be expected since I'm bad.

lol @ flashy CG demo

Just for the record, it was as follows:

Popo dthrow > Nana Fthrow > Popo Bthrow > Nana Bthrow > Popo Fthrow > Nana Dthrow > Pivot Grab Repeat

DeLux

She asked me "What does 'Going Sopo' mean?" in a recent conversation. I told her it's what I do every Monday night. She didn't understand so she wanted to see what I do with my free time. Given that I'm bad at Brawl but win at life, I thought I'd show her myself at my most vulnerable state.

That and we had errands to run and I didn't want someone to be like "You missed showing up johns stupid insults blah blah blah blah." Dedication, Discipline, Determination, Desyncing, Debacle.

DeLux

She told me to main metaknight and stop complaining. And something about Pikachu being cute. And how she can see why I'm so weird sometimes.

Edit: I did a lot of complaining in the car about how my desync game was all messed up because of testing it out on wifi. And how I didn't get good testing results today because I didn't execute my gameplan. I feel like my gameplan is good, in theory, I just didn't execute it. Except for the fancy gyro stuff. That **** has bad gameplan written all over it. I think it's not so much back to the drawing board as it's back to the training room. Because the few times I did execute (only on Ares unfortunately for him) I got a grab from a legit setup. Progress. I think so.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Ares it was from Fino`s tournament, on 10/30/10. I`m just showing Kansas`s Smash Crew`s talent and putting us even more on the map. Mr.Doom is doing the other side of the state, so I figured i`d do this half. Ares I only had a few matches from you, so I thought might as well get them up.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yay posting from phone :D you should have seen My sdi mr. doom, it was as terrible as yours. lol lux, she thinks my main is cute. just practice your execution offline yo. and run up and shield gyro, best way to deal with it

DeLux

I've noticed when I do SDI, I get separated unless I do it away from moves. I was hoping that I could SDI through things and get a grab. SDI + ICs = Incompatible?

DeLux

QCDI is technically just another form of SDI. In theory, it should yield better results than tapping SDI which is the most common. However the ability to QCDI with one hand and tap quickly with the other hand is difficult, so I'm not sure which one works better in actuality. You can't QCDI with the cstick.

@ Stealth: Way ahead of you. I'm willing to bet I probably spend more time against CPUs than anyone else here.

DeLux

SDI is fairly frame specific. So you have to coordinate two different thumb motions in a narrow time window. It's harder than it sounds.

MJG

Smash Hero
QCDI is technically just another form of SDI. In theory, it should yield better results than tapping SDI which is the most common. However the ability to QCDI with one hand and tap quickly with the other hand is difficult, so I'm not sure which one works better in actuality. You can't QCDI with the cstick.

@ Stealth: Way ahead of you. I'm willing to bet I probably spend more time against CPUs than anyone else here.
CPUs are what I play against in College (Even on a Laggy HDTV).

I have you beat (for now) :).

DeLux

I don't think I'll be going to Iowa or OKC. Work says no. However, I WILL be going to the Lawerence Public Library :)

I can host on Friday night and Saturday if anyone wants to come as well.

I know most of us are going to OKC, but those that aren't, Lawernce is closer and cheaper :)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
What's this about the Lawrence Public Library? I used to work there for about 9 months

Top Bottom