• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
Are people still there. I was about to leave? I guess I could see if any of the melee crowd down there wanted to do something.

EDIT:
Why'd MJG bail?

Also (Lux) I will be at the next one of these regardless.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I suspect that it's because I'm bad at brawl and if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't travel all the way to Lawrence to play me either :/
Or he confirmed he's poor so he didn't want to do the time/gas

Ares

Smash Journeyman
I suspect that it's because I'm bad at brawl and if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't travel all the way to Lawrence to play me either :/
sorry
(
lux
)
..maybe next time..

MJG

Smash Hero
Are people still there. I was about to leave? I guess I could see if any of the melee crowd down there wanted to do something.

EDIT:
Why'd MJG bail?

Also (Lux) I will be at the next one of these regardless.
No, I probably would have got bored camping ICs but I don't mind trying to make others better at the game.

sorry
(
lux
)
..maybe next time..

Here is the deal. I was planning on taking Ares and Scrub. I was planning on just taking scrub and then Ares asked me to take him to Lux's apt. I checked Mapquest to see where I would be going and luckily, Scrub's place was on the way to Ares'. I told Ares that I would be driving a total of 4 hours (to and from all the destinations) in order to go play brawl. He didn't think it was worth going out to your place when we would have made it there at 7 and we had to leave at 10 (definitely not an issue since a job/internship is way more important than a video game. I can't afford to go out of my way to Scrub's house to go get him and to bring him to lawrence to only smash for 2-3 hours. I didn't have a problem getting him at all but my truck only gets 17 MPG and it is really never convenient for me to travel far when I can't afford to be driving for that long of a distance. Another issue for me not going (alone) was that I didn't want to say "Hey scrub, I can't afford to bring you out there" and then for myself to just drive out there on my own (even though I am pretty sure he didn't have a problem with this) and I get bored playing the same people for too long (unless it doubles because those are simply amazing).

I didn't plan on typing for this long either ha. I just wanted to clear up my reasoning for not going.

I should be at Blake's next monday though...We will see. Its about 50:50 at the moment.

We out.

:toonlink:

Ares

Smash Journeyman
If anyone has had luck or knows about this stuff with getting wifi to work with Android's wifi tethering..its the closest i can get to wifi..it connects to the internet, but when i try to join somebody's game on my friend list i always get error 86420 or 68420 ..can't remember which..but says connection was lost during transmission ..i just wanna play wifi!! :p

DeLux

MJG, I was kidding. This is the only thread I'm allowed to kidd around on. It's not a big deal. I used the time to go see a movie with the girl tonight.

My spoiler was just the short version of your longer version lol

DeLux

just bth, phone went through washer so i am going to be incommunicundo for a couple days
I'm going to give you the best advice someone ever gave me when playing brawl. I think it applies to this situation.

SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT

:)

Edit: Yes, that was my first post of 2011.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i know >< its sitting in rice to suck out all the moisture but im sure its a lost cause. it was funny because i looked in the washer as it was winding down, and there was a blue light going round and round and i was like ????? then i was like **** and pulled it out. the back light was on and it was continuously vibrating. eh im due for a new phone anyways, just sucks i wont have it for school tomorrow

Ares

Smash Journeyman
i should of tried that rice trick with my phone when i went swimming with it in my pocket -_- ...
i was advised to put it in the freezer over night...absolutely did not work..do not ever do that..

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
its someone who doesnt even play brawl competitively and is in town to visit duck, but he asked me to help him get better. what better way then on monday :O just gonna make sure we dont let fino get ahold of him

DeLux

I'm a 75/25 on coming. If I do, I'll bring my setup and my metagame advancements to test.

DeLux

man lux hardcounters everything on his coming matchup ratios
That's what she said.

But seriously, I work from 10-6, then I have to shop for my internship at some point before 5am. Then I have to run my internship from 5-9am. So usually when I come out, it involves pulling an all nighter.

Not to mention 10 bucks in gas every time I go. Add on Psi.Kick. for giving me a hard time.

Matchup is now 70-30, I'll be there.

I forgot to mention I'm bad at the game too. That is both a positive and negative factor.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Lol i can probably find a ride from someone...
gravity might come again but i dont think anyone else will seeing as we hung out new years eve and played brawl for about 19 hours straight =/ it was fun though. I'll try to be there.
oh and i revamped my oli game a bit so i wont suck as much.

DeLux

Out of context, what Fino said sounds pretty dirty

DeLux

I'll be there. And I'm under the impression my gf is towing along with me.

Top Bottom