• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yeah, I have it. I got my schedule changed for work just to play with you guys. I'll bring your laptop under the following terms:

1. You give me a few rounds of olimar practice. I feel like I did much better last time, but I still have a few things I want to try.

2. You and MJ help me with the MK match up as well.

3. You sit down and learn my desync. It'll make your climbers broken.

4. Serious discussion what I'm going to do about playing on certain level and whether I even should think about using a secondary in tourney for the time being.

This is not a negotiation. (Although if you can't fulfill the terms tomorrow, I accept rain-checks). I'll be out there around 7:30. I think my gf might tag along again, because she and I hang out after we're done at Blake's.

Smash Lord
Haha kansas city lost to ravens hahaa
Fixed for what matters. Dumb
Funny as hell.

I watched both games. The KU game was scary as **** at the end though.

juans

10juans
Johns? I don't honestly care. This is the first time in I don't know how many years that KC even had a positive record. The regular season is what I care about along with a lot of people.

Btw, everyone here at least should know that the playoff setup is stupid. It's not swiss, it's not best out of X, it's not even double elimination. Just like characters have bad matchups in smash, football teams have bad matchups due to one thing or another. Goddamn single elim makes the postseason play a joke as far as finding the best team.

DeLux

Man, I saw his location and was like "Oh wtf? Can he really be that stupid? Too late, that just happened"

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
too bad every pro and college team sucks up there now? also every sport is single elim, it just how it is, and i think it is fairly legit. i think there are like only one or two other teams in the playoffs we even had a real chance of beating LOL

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The only thing that matters is SUH is All Pro DT rookie of the century, the Lions are picking #13 and letting Julian Peterson walk :/

Smash Lord
too bad every pro and college team sucks up there now? also every sport is single elim, it just how it is, and i think it is fairly legit. i think there are like only one or two other teams in the playoffs we even had a real chance of beating LOL
Umm..... baseball, Pro basketball. Golf is another one too although most people don't consider it a sport.

I mean look at the number of times the yankees win the world series as opposed to anyone else that kind of consistency shows with their postseason structure.

but they still suck, and i feel bad for suh because i dont see the lions coming out of their rut anytime soon LOL
20$ says the Lions go to the playoffs next year. Any takers?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i completely disagree but its all opinion lol. however what isnt opinion is the sheer amount of money made from the nfl compared to the other sports, and it currently isnt even a comparison.

DeLux

Hey, would anyone be willing to take an hour tomorrow and help me do some frame testing on Mach Tornado?

I simply don't have enough hands or the will right now to manage procedures for what I'm testing.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'll bring your laptop under the following terms:

1. You give me a few rounds of olimar practice. I feel like I did much better last time, but I still have a few things I want to try.

2. You and MJ help me with the MK match up as well.

3. You sit down and learn my desync. It'll make your climbers broken.

4. Serious discussion what I'm going to do about playing on certain level and whether I even should think about using a secondary in tourney for the time being.
1. Done

2. You'll have to ask MJ, but I'll play mk against you a couple times I guess. Might be good for me to learn the MU with him too, lol.

3. Aight

4. No Problem

We'll prolly need our own set-up or somethin, I heard there's an assload of people now

DeLux

I've been working on my CGs and Desync Game. I main Ice Climbers and work full time at minimum wage. I don't know what everyone else's excuse is.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
My attendance at Blake's today is pretty iffy, I don't feel like driving all the way to KC in this weather and I'm pretty Smashed-out from the Nebraska tourney (plus we just got back home holy **** what a brutal 6 hour drive)

I'll give my final word later

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Why is everyone always up at 2-4 in the morning? My folks always rip on me for doing this, but the more I see others stay up this late, the more normal I think this is.
Do you really think any of us are "normal"?

hey in all probability i can make it tonight. School was canceled and so was orchestra. I'll bring my wii, if i need i can get my tv too.

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
oh yeah i just remembered thats why school was canceled.... unfortunately im not 2 minutes from blakes house lol.

may or may not be able to convince my parents to let me get a ride with fino, or get one of them to take me. I for sure want to come and will be able to if i can figure a way to get there.

DeLux

Normally I'd call weather johns at this point, but I made a deal with Fino and I'm a man of my word. So I'll be coming out even a little early because my work decided to close for the day.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, better half of Kansas. We should do a crew battle at UNK3. KC area vs Wichita area.

Also, I'd love it if some people from KC would go down with Wichita to OH SNAP.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok guys No KOAST vthree is coming up the weekend of the twenty second. its time to start planning whos going. post if you are going, and i will have my car, and if we need it someone can get a second one

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Yeah im not sure with this weather..i hate driving in the snow as it stands

EDIT: Me and rick already have a spot in ur car right danny?

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash will proceed as planned today.

Snow will continue to fall all the way into the late evening. It is not expected to ever reach terrible visibility or blizzard conditions. Seeing as the Kansas City/Overland Park snow crews recently had a bill passed to extend their budget for fighting snow AND this is the first time in the entire snow season (pretty late honestly) that they've ever really had to be called into action. I would expect roads to remain very clear today on account of snow crews' excitement about trying new equipment and finally doing what they signed up for.

If you really want to weather johns out, it's your loss.

I'm pretty low on soda right now. May want to bring your own or stop at a gas station and donate some to the cause. All I got is Pepsi.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'm pretty low on soda right now. May want to bring your own or stop at a gas station and donate some to the cause. All I got is Pepsi.
The day I come back... fuuuuuuuuu

I thought I gave some extra keesh so that there'd be some of that lemonade sunkist ;-;

Top Bottom