• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Ares

Smash Journeyman
well this is bad. I actually decided last night that i'm going to play metaknight from now on. I don't have what it takes to cg consistently despite the levels of practice.

Sorry
:)

actually, ask danny or collin. Or mekos. I had about 9 grabs a set dropped on average despite having practiced rigorously. So it's either mk or wario. Mk is better and i'm playing to win.
:) :) :)

when will you guys ever figure out that this is the only thread on smashboards i will ever **** with people on? Haha

but i might drop wario for pikachu or mk because it's the cool thing to do for all the ic mains apparently.
;_;

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Lux, you live in Lawrence. Have some holiday cheer and grab this dude.

Smashfest is still on for today in my basement. Smash absolutely cannot go past 11 on mondays due to agreement with my mom. She gets up at 5:30am in the morning so I don't argue with her.

Smash Lord
Hey can anyone pick me up to drive me to Kansas city today for the smash fest?
I'm in Topeka, KS
Well, this is a long shot, but I know a guy that lives there (hondafoo). He only plays melee, but I did hear that massive smash might be going on tonight. Just maybe (and this is a big maybe) you could get a ride to at least lawrence off of him (provided that he's willing). If lux somehow manages to get work off he could take you, but this is asking for a lot to line up.

Btw if you do play melee. It might be cool/easier to just stick with him the whole way. Darkrain is in town now, and he's one of the best, if not the best captain falcon playing the game.

EDIT: I wouldn't expect most of this to work out though, I think Lux said something about not being able to make the next few meetings due to his work schedule.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Actually, ask Danny or Collin. Or Mekos. I had about 9 grabs a set dropped on average despite having practiced rigorously. So it's either MK or Wario. MK is better and I'm playing to win.
About 3 beers in you didn't drop a single grab <.<

Seems like you had the same problem as me (and every other IC main). You get this kind of tension or w/e and start doing it too fast. Practicing in your room doesn't quite give you that pressure feel, but it does help you build muscle memory. I think you focus on counting how many grabs you're going to drop it starts to become a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. When you're CGing someone... you need to eliminate all types of distractions like that and don't worry what other people think about you dropping grabs. You don't have to prove to anyone you know how to CG or anything like that.
Actually, you weren't high enough, Mexi stole your ciggies.
I know, what a douche

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
the fact that you have 0 deathed me in friendlies multiple times (And the first time i was at your new apartment you did it alot) means it all mental. just gotta knock it down

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Actually, I was still dropping grabs, it was just a lot less. But I also wasn't dropping them on the initial transfer to start the CG, so it was a lot less worse than it was at the beginning of the night. You're right that I actually did better when I started to not give a **** and was practicing all of the flashy cgs that can be done.

As of right now, I have work tonight, so I won't be making it.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So...

Blake smash tonight
10 people - (me, stealth, duck, scrub, rockstar, ares, rick, mekos, quote, and psi.kick ) + maybe more?

mini tournament $1-$5 entry?
UNKv3 rule-set... who's down?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'm going to be able to make it. Lets play some dubs too lol
Okay so this is the address right? Lenexa, 12611 West 81st Street, KS

I actually need the zip code. Cuz there is three places with the same address. It's weird so please give me the zip code.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'm going to be able to make it. Lets play some dubs too lol
Okay so this is the address right? Lenexa, 12611 West 81st Street, KS

I actually need the zip code. Cuz there is three places with the same address. It's weird so please give me the zip code.
It worked when I popped it into mapquest, haha

zipcode: 66215-2613

DeLux

Well, IF we're holding a mini-tournament, I'll go ahead and call people to get my shift covered. That's IF AND ONLY IF we have a mini tournament. I'd be losing money, but it's the price I pay for the tasty treats of competitiveness.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I thought this was a smashfest haha. I dont think i'm down for a tourney. My mind isnt in the right place for me to play at my best. I have finals tomorrow. (My last day before break) I think next Monday during break would be a great day for a tourney

Dnyce

Smash Master
I thought this was a smashfest haha. I dont think i'm down for a tourney. My mind isnt in the right place for me to play at my best. I have finals tomorrow. (My last day before break) I think next Monday during break would be a great day for a tourney
I'll be playing in a socal tourney next monday ;o

Smash Lord
So.....
Yeah....
I'm kinda pissed. Dad tells me that I have a flat tire. Usually this means I just drive up to an air pump and not worry about it. But this time I'm about to get out the door after spending time getting ready and he says "You aren't going anywhere, and tells me it needs to be taken in to a shop to get fixed." WTF, if I need to take it somewhere, ****ing tell me I need to take it to somewhere instead of just saying "flat tire." Now he's telling me to wake up at 8 tomorrow to take it in because that's the only time he's going to have. On top of that he told me that I'm going to have to shell out the money to replace it if the warranty doesn't cover it.

Bad day for me. ^^ = my excuse for not being there today.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So isnt there a big tournament somewhere next Monday? Whats the name & whos going.
Tournaments on mondays? that sounds ridiculous....

wait...

Yeah, there's one in southern california - if that's what you're talking about lololol

DeLux

Rockstar, Holy mof******ck turn on Your phone. I have been trying to call you all day so I can get my SD card.

DeLux

Dawg, I called at least 5 times yesterday. Of course I care about it. I need it to frame test. I can come get it tomorrow night at around 7.

Top Bottom