• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Rockstar

Smash Ace
MJ, going to Blakes next Monday right?

Taking out brawl is so lame. Haha dont give up all your hope Psi Kick. Theres gonna be other big tourneys too.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Funny Psi Kick. Ha, I just dropped Ness the other day. This is my final character switch. I`m now maining Trainer. Its official & will be forever. Ness is too limited. His recovery and 10 extra grab release frames are what cause me to loose tournaments. But Trainer has great potential, and i`ve won a couple small tourneys with him in the past. So i`ll see how this works out.

beam913

Smash Rookie
MJG are you in town yet?

Beam waddup. Your in Overland Park right?
I sure am. Problem is I sold everything for my wii/gamecube in an effort to make money for something I'm saving up for. I'm right off 127th and Quivira! So close right? Anyway I only have an N64 now lol. But I'm still down for some smash. I'll get killed. I'm rusty. But whatever its gonna be a blast and a half. Haha

MJG

Smash Hero
Funny Psi Kick. Ha, I just dropped Ness the other day. This is my final character switch. I`m now maining Trainer. Its official & will be forever. Ness is too limited. His recovery and 10 extra grab release frames are what cause me to loose tournaments. But Trainer has great potential, and i`ve won a couple small tourneys with him in the past. So i`ll see how this works out.
Use B Tier an up if you want to make money at tourneys.

Use whoever if you are having fun with the game.

Brawl^

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Mario was my first main, so i'm sticking with him. Haha kinda ironic that i'm switching again, but I know alot of matchups with him, thats why.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
olimar is a char that can actually win at the high levels. low tiers will get you through locals and do well in regionals, but nationals low tiers fall flat on their face unless they are THAT good

Teh Future

Smash Master
i think most characters can do fine in tournament. 99999999.99999999999999% of the time i see someone loose its not because of their character... unless its like zelda or something lol

Dnyce

Smash Master
I personally don't believe in tiers.
That's like saying you don't believe in air.

Air will continue to exist regardless of you believing in it or not. lol
With enough practice & dedication & self-discipline, any character can kick @$$.
Yup, I wish you luck on reaching that level tho

99999999.99999999999999% of the time i see someone loose its not because of their character... unless its like zelda or something lol
LOL

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Not believing in tiers isn`t even close to saying I don`t believe in air haha. I have no idea how you can contrast those two together.

Yeah, it would take a long time to get there with some characters. That`s for sure

Dnyce

Smash Master
Not believing in tiers isn`t even close to saying I don`t believe in air haha. I have no idea how you can contrast those two together.

Yeah, it would take a long time to get there with some characters. That`s for sure
I'm not contrasting the two, I'm comparing them.

Tiers will exist regardless of whether or not you believe you do, just as air will.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I get what you mean, but thats not what I was implying. Your interpretation was a little off. I`m not saying they don`t exist, because that statement wouldn`t make sense. I`m saying that I don`t consider them true.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i will be the first person to stand behind you if you win a tourney with a low or low mid tier. but in todays metagame thats just not gonna happen. and its not even mk, too many of the high/top tiers tear apart the lower class, same as in any fighting game ever created. if you REALLY want to win, you should really consider other options, but in the end its your choice. you will have a very hard time having fun with low tiers though ;x

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Yeah Raptor agreed. If you play with a low tier character, its just setting yourself up to loose against a better, higher character, most of the time.

Top Bottom