• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Rockstar just texted me that he wanted to play on Saturday. If nobody else wants to, I can host.

DeLux

I'm hosting brawl all day tomorrow. Come over when you want, I have 3 couches and some blankets if people want to crash, but I have to be at work the next day so you'll have to be out by 945am.

DeLux

I got my work schedule changed. People can stay until a little before 1pm on Sunday.

But don't show up until after 2pm tomorrow and let me know when you're coming. KU plays and then I'm going to take a nap after. So call before you come haha

DeLux

All this space? I live in a two bedroom apartment with a small bathroom and small living room. I can barely fit two setups at best (one in my bedroom the other in the living room). If we have more than 8 people it would end up being standing room only.

I'm 90% sure Perfect Duck's basement is more square footage than my entire apartment haha

DeLux

Ever since MegaRobMan decided to subscribe to this , it's been more active than ever before. I move that we induct MRM as an official honorary member of the KCKrew, willing or not. Second anyone?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I would rather take a syringe full of super AIDS and inject it directly into myself.
It's just so he can share in the AIDS fun with me.

Ever since MegaRobMan decided to subscribe to this , it's been more active than ever before. I move that we induct MRM as an official honorary member of the KCKrew, willing or not. Second anyone?
You can make me a member of your PR judgment.

DeLux

I think there's already a Kansas PR. I'm ranked like 25thish in the state.

If we want two setups, someone needs to bring a tv and wii. My other tv is a laggy hdtv.

Smash Lord
Lux if you have all this space why don't you host monthlies?
If anyone could/should host monthlies. That'd probably be me. I have more space than probably anyone in the KC area. If we used my basement (freezing cold and unfinished) there's probably room to seat 10+ setups.

This reminds me. I need to host over the break for sure.

I would rather take a syringe full of super AIDS and inject it directly into myself.
Superlol.

If we want two setups, someone needs to bring a tv and wii. My other tv is a laggy hdtv.
Whenever I make it down there I will have an extra nonlaggy TV + setup.

Smash Lord
I just remembered something that's been bugging me for a while. What happened to ex-dove. I haven't heard anything about him since summer. The same thing goes for Julian and any other players I haven't heard from in a while.

If it's something bad/personal don't tell me.

DeLux

I've never been so hyped for an Olimar set before LOL

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Where is the 2nd match, against his IC's. That wasn't the money match, but it may as well have been. I was playin like crap cause I wasn't high enuff :-0 I played well against his IC's honestly, had a killer spike.

You need to add the 2nd and 1st match from BPOW's set.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash tomorrow (Monday) at my basement 5:30 to 11:00. Directions to my place are on the first post. PSI.kick are you coming to this? If you need a ride don't hesitate to ask.

In this post: ranting. Conclusive last paragraph is most pertinent.

I have a confession to make. I have a serious Meta-Knight problem. This character is probably the reason why I do not take the game as seriously as I would. My hatred for the character goes a little beyond just the difficulty of the 65-35 matchup he has with my main. I have explored virtually every possible way to cope with the character but he makes my blood boil regardless. The only thing I can do against this character that seems to work is to just not care.

I apologise to anyone offended by how I compose myself whenever there are Meta-Knights afloat. I do not harbor any negative feelings towards his players at all and I wish to stress that. My frustration is with the character, and the blame for this falls upon the programmers, testers and game developers of the Ad hoc development team that comprised the game's production (Notably HAL Laboratory, Inc.). Those of you who play MK against me who are any good at all should have an easy time defeating me and y'all do.

When It's me vs. a Meta-Knight I never expect to win. I start the match frustrated, I end the match frustrated, and I always feel as though very little events of interest occurred because what happens is usually to be expected. The reason I hate playing against meta-knight is twofold: He bores me, plus he has advantageous options against my main. Can't really say which reason bugs me more.

Ranting aside, what I mostly want to say is that I probably will never get over this. I have a personal beef with this character. I don't just lose, I lose pretty bad, worse than I should. This is something that I would like to get over, but in all honesty I'd rather just never play this matchup ever in 1v1. I will welcome any friendly match with the 34 other playable characters without complaint. So, there. I'm tired of *****ing and being irritable and making everyone else upset. I'm just not going to do it anymore.

I -may- play the matchup when I am feeling particularly curious or suicidal. Do not ask or beg me.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I have alot of respect for any of the 34 other characters. But I`d never give a MK user any props. Although I don`t hate playing against him. I would go tomorrow, but I need a ride again.

DeLux

Well this is bad. I actually decided last night that I'm going to play metaknight from now on. I don't have what it takes to CG consistently despite the levels of practice.

Sorry

Smash Lord
^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll^^ troll

DeLux

Actually, ask Danny or Collin. Or Mekos. I had about 9 grabs a set dropped on average despite having practiced rigorously. So it's either MK or Wario. MK is better and I'm playing to win.

Smash Lord
Actually, ask Danny or Collin. Or Mekos. I had about 9 grabs a set dropped on average despite having practiced rigorously. So it's either MK or Wario. MK is better and I'm playing to win.
If you're serious, you at least 3 times dumber than I will ever be for trying to pick up Kirby. If you get grabs that much, you easily have more potential than anyone in at least 3 state radius. Seriously, just think about what you said. All you have to practice now is tech skill. Believe me, practicing tech skill is infinitely easier than figuring out why you aren't winning with X, and figuring out how to fix that problem.

If you are just that disillusioned, take about a month off and come back to the game. Don't practice or even do as much as watch someone else play. Anything that reminds you of it, put it out of sight and out of mind. This almost always fixes motivational problems which is what I think you're having right now.

Seeing this makes me mad. It's almost like watching someone say "I give up." and it really pisses me off.

DeLux

When will you guys ever figure out that this is the ONLY thread on smashboards I will ever **** with people on? haha

But I might drop Wario for Pikachu or MK because it's the cool thing to do for all the IC mains apparently.

Top Bottom