• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
done. alright i have the basic premise down of what i want to do in the OP + me added. gonna do a little more fiddling before i go to bed but that is how its gonna look like. if yall need anything changed (or a picture put in your massive gaping ?) just tell me and i will

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Change my main to IC's and secondary to Wario. Fino is right in some respects. I'll worry about my TL for the IC ditto at some point down the line. I'm JUST starting to turn the corner in terms of competitive results, and messing with new stuff now might be detrimental.

Doesn't change the fact that you guys are going to see a lot more Wario from me at fests. Because I think I'll need that second at some point or another.

And I NEED TO STOP DROPPING GRABS. holy ****. More practice
Speaking of, whatever the hell you just said..

where was u tonight?

Also, im gonna spend some time thinkin what i wanna do 'main-wise'..

ggs tonight

salty

L.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Danny, Why is your not ROB listed? I have harder time with that robot than the pikachu tbh.

Ares isn't listed. And honestly, I'd write a better bio for myself, but that would feel pretentious. Someone else should write a bio that's not:

While not known for his tournament accomplishments, (Lux) is the think tank for the Ice Climber boards in terms of Advanced Technique Development and Metagame Advancement. Probably most known for his ridiculously long acronym labeled techniques, his discoveries and testing has made him a member of the Smashlab. He's a former member of the dubbed "Ice Climbers Intelligence Agency" but recently resigned his post as primary researcher for the organization due to personal reasons. Warning, do not read his threads. They will take too long and hurt your eyes.

When playing him, do not worry about getting grabbed. Despite writing the guide on chaingrabbing in the IC forums, it has been confirmed that he does not know how to CG to save his life.

/30

Speaking of, whatever the hell you just said..

where was u tonight?

Also, im gonna spend some time thinkin what i wanna do 'main-wise'..

ggs tonight

salty

L.
I work closing shifts the next two weeks on Monday nights. I can't get out of it so I won't be there this week or next.

And main the climbers. Then I won't be doing it Sopo anymore.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Brawl Main - Wario
Brawl Secondary - Toon Link
Funny, I remember losing to Ice Climbers.

And everyone hates you for playing such a broken character. IC's are just not fun to play, unlike Wario and TL.
Who cares what MegaRobMan thinks, you beat him.

dont let other people tell you what to main

Play ICs, beat us. You shouldn't consider picking up secondaries until you can at least go close even with Danny or I (unless you plan on playing to win with wario
Fino is right. If you want to switch to Wario, do it, but commit to learning him. I think playing RANDOM can be helpful in all reality at the beginning and advanced stages of developing the game, howeva.

Subscribed.

Smash Lord
this thread wil be for the discussion of JCCC meetings and events.

Address of JCCC: 12345 College Blvd, Overland Park, Kansas, 66210

here is a map: http://www.johnco.cc.ks.us/home/image/6035/

the corner lounge is on the north side of campus, right in the center of the big building SC/COM. It is under a large stair case at the east end of the cafeteria. head down the stairs to the side of the big staircase to find us.
While you're editting and stuff, can you get rid of this. This is obviously out of date.

DeLux

I may or may not have come across an opportunity to use a very large venue for a possible tournament.

If I can get it, do you think we would want to try hosting something bimonthly on a large scale?

I posed it to the venue as such: they let us use their venue. I'll collect a venue fee from everyone and donate it to a certain charitable cause. Then run it. This venue could easily hold 15 setups, has two HD tvs, and possibly internet for live streaming. We regularly fit in 100 people there.

I know I'm talking a huge undertaking, just seeing if it gets any interest from you guys.

Smash Lord
I may or may not have come across an opportunity to use a very large venue for a possible tournament.

If I can get it, do you think we would want to try hosting something bimonthly on a large scale?

I posed it to the venue as such: they let us use their venue. I'll collect a venue fee from everyone and donate it to a certain charitable cause. Then run it. This venue could easily hold 15 setups, has two HD tvs, and possibly internet for live streaming. We regularly fit in 100 people there.

I know I'm talking a huge undertaking, just seeing if it gets any interest from you guys.
What place is this?

DeLux

It's the church that serves as the venue for the nonprofit program I help coordinate. The charitable cause would be that nonprofit.

DeLux

I set up a meeting on Friday with the business manager to discuss. So I should know by then.

I was thinking of holding the first one in February on one of the Holiday weekends.

I'm really going to try to advertise it to the KU crowd. This might be a huge springboard in finding some good local talent.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I set up a meeting on Friday with the business manager to discuss. So I should know by then.

I was thinking of holding the first one in February on one of the Holiday weekends. I'm really going to try to advertise it to the KU crowd.

I was thinking of holding the first one in February on one of the Holiday weekends.

I'm really going to try to advertise it to the KU crowd. This might be a huge springboard in finding some good local talent.

This might be a huge springboard in finding some good local talent.
good local talent.

DeLux

Note: Read "local talent" as "local potential talent"

Smash Lord
Hehehe.... I've got a final at 8 a.m. I've gotta drive to get there. I'm gonna have some fun with that.

EDIT:
Holy ****. I got a perfect score. WTF. Everything else about the day has been ****ty though.

Rockstar check your PM if you haven't already.

Smash Lord
Starting real soon we all have time off or more work hours. We should schedule extra smashfests. Everyone should put up the times they can go to smashfests, when their last final is, who could host and anything else relevant.

As for me, any day that's not the 24th, 25th or a Sunday should work.

I want to host sometime during this break. I just need people to come. Space is not a problem. I will have two decent sized TV's and one tiny TV after I pick that one up from garret tomorrow. I start off with 1 setup so I would need at least one more preferably. My only issue is time constraints. It would probably have to end at 10:00.

Hurry up and respond so we can schedule.

@Rockstar-I'm leaving now. I need to get gas so add an extra 10 minutes. I have a dark blue 92 camry and I have straight long red hair. I shouldn't be too hard to spot.

DeLux

I am free pending my work schedule doesn't change:

December - 18, 21, night of the 22, night of the 27, 30th.

January - 1, night of the 3rd, night of the 7, 8th, all day of the ninth but night.

I don't know after January 9 and my work schedule changes as I pick up more shifts.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we meet mondays at perfect ducks house from 5:30 to 11. details are in the OP

and the reason why lux goes to 130 is that you can mash out at 105. ive mashed out at 120 before. once you get to 130 you can do an uncharged usmash and it kills

Smash Lord
we meet mondays at perfect ducks house from 5:30 to 11. details are in the OP

and the reason why lux goes to 130 is that you can mash out at 105. ive mashed out at 120 before. once you get to 130 you can do an uncharged usmash and it kills
What Danny said. He's scarred me forever lol
Where's the statistics on this?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
if you have fast enough hands you can get out before a fully charged fsmash comes out. this is dependant on both chars %, but it is standard for ice climbers to go to 130 and kill with uncharged usmash. if they get 0-100, its unlikely that they will miss the last few, and get the kill off. getting out at 120 before a fully charged usmash is difficult but not impossible. but getting out before a buffered throw to uncharged usmash at 130 is impossible

DeLux

Just to clarify: I charge my usmash the length of frames an fthrow takes. Which is about 12 frames of charging. Anything more gives people like Danny frames to mash out. There's a grab formula and I'm going to start doing math at some point as part of my cg project. But I don't want to do it today.

You might not have noticed, but i was practicing cgs as well. I was killing you guys until I got to about 180% not 130.

ALSO: I just spoke with the church management today. She said that it sounds like a wonderful idea, but since money is being exchanged I need to talk to the finance committee for a final say so. Outside of that, she doesn't see why it wouldn't be approved. They meet on January 9. So I'm going to draft a proposal, but it's looking more and more like a huge KC area tourney might be possible.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of relearning Lucario...
i feel since i've gotten alot better since i stopped using him that maybe things will b different

Top Bottom