• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
(Lux). And in my opinion, it's about what you find rewarding. If you're playing to win, you play your best characer and hopefully your best character is metaknight or as close to the top of the tier list as possible. Or you play for something else, like trying not to laugh as your opponent mashes as hard as they can only to be helpless. Or the technical intricacies of your character to combat the raw speed or power of others. Or play to run away and projectile them to death. The problem with low tier characters is that thet either don't have a powerful linear force driving their metagame (beingMK, nadesutiltbs, bananas, waft, tippers, camping, chain grabs) or someone else is simply better at what drives their metagame. Sometimes if you like the aspects of a certain low tier character, there is a higher tier character that has similar elements of playstyle but is better at it than you.

DeLux

But how often is absorbing stuff necessary? You can't absorb things from MK, Snake, Diddy, Wario from the top tier already. It's a gimmick, but not a particularly useful in terms of singles competitive play.

On the other hand, sooner or later, waft comes for us all.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, that's why I can't play Ness, I've been trying to absorb Tornado the entire time!!!!!!!!!

Serious question, can Lucas's absorb get MK out of the Tornado, I know that hitbox is nasty.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MM a Falco? I'll think about it. Lucario, I've never faced anyone who knew what they were doing, so that might be a worse idea, but I'm more inclined to do so.

Ares

Smash Journeyman

rpotts

Smash Lord
Mario was my first main, so i'm sticking with him. Haha kinda ironic that i'm switching again, but I know alot of matchups with him, thats why.
wut?

Also, tiers exist. Whether you think they are "true" doesn't matter (and doesn't even really make sense.)

DeLux

Wow. I had no idea Mario could perform at that level. Too bad nobody plays him at all so his metagame is stalled. If they advanced any more they would clearly see how broken he is and ban him from competitive play. I am legitimately going to be scared if I ever face a Mario in bracket now. Which is a change from my old mentality of, "I'm terrible at this game, but even for me this is going to be a free win." I think I'll pick up Mario just to have in my pocket in case I ever get cp'd by something stupid. Please teach me :)

PS: I spent all day playing MK dittos against some socal randoms. Talk about a broken character. He beat my ****tastic climbers so I cp'd the bat and railed him.

DeLux

It's (Lux).

Well apparently Mario has a ohko on a whole bunch of characters. I saw it on a video online. It involves jumping. The only ones I know for sure it doesn't work on are squirtle, bowser, and yoshi. You have to do it twice to squirtle, three times for bowser, and yoshi just joins your team if you do it.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Wow. I had no idea Mario could perform at that level. Too bad nobody plays him at all so his metagame is stalled. If they advanced any more they would clearly see how broken he is and ban him from competitive play. I am legitimately going to be scared if I ever face a Mario in bracket now. Which is a change from my old mentality of, "I'm terrible at this game, but even for me this is going to be a free win." I think I'll pick up Mario just to have in my pocket in case I ever get cp'd by something stupid. Please teach me :)

PS: I spent all day playing MK dittos against some socal randoms. Talk about a broken character. He beat my ****tastic climbers so I cp'd the bat and railed him.
This post is full of so much ****ing win... I can't even begin to describe

Well apparently Mario has a ohko on a whole bunch of characters. I saw it on a video online. It involves jumping. The only ones I know for sure it doesn't work on are squirtle, bowser, and yoshi. You have to do it twice to squirtle, three times for bowser, and yoshi just joins your team if you do it.
OOMMMMGGGGG

AAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Lux, I'm am so proud of you.

Everyone at the airport is looking at me like I'm ****ing crazy, L

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
All this talk about why people play the game has made me rage.

I play for doubles.

Nobody ever follows through when they say they'll team with me despite this.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Doubles & Singles for me. Either way it makes you better. Every game you play, your skill goes up. I play to improve.
This is why people like PC Chris (who never owned a copy of melee) and mango can come into a scene several times older than them and just dominate, right?

I disagree that every game you play makes your skill goes up. Mostly because skill is subjective, all that matters is the ability to win.

DeLux

im now going mario on lux if we ever play in bracket lmao

<3
I'm torn whether to go IC's and make a contest of "Don't get grabbed" and "Don't get footstooled by Mario's ohko" and make it a game of who makes a mistake first. Or plank with MK the whole game.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'm torn whether to go IC's and make a contest of "Don't get grabbed" and "Don't get footstooled by Mario's ohko" and make it a game of who makes a mistake first. Or plank with MK the whole game.

That's ma boi.

Top Bottom